Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Ireland Regional Weather Chat

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow

Just saw the BBC weather forecast and it looks like we could get some significant snow overnight and through tomorrow. Rural lows of -10 forecast for Sunday morning!!!!

This potential slider on Monday night/Tuesday could be epic!!

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme Weather to match Seasons....

The East Coast normally benefits more from a E / NE flow but from what i am reading we seem to be looking to get some action from the NW with the rain turning to snow as it moves further east. I assume this is because it is hitting the cold air already in situ. Would that be correct?

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme Weather to match Seasons....

Thanks Pomeroysnow, it's harder to predict for sure the outcome for the east I think when the fronts approach from the west. You can watch the radar 'Rain Today' I found to be very good as the showers come in of the coast in an Easterly/North Easterly. The hills will for sure get something so worst case scenario would be a drive up to Lara and walk around Glendalough!

Edited by Ice Cube
  • Like 1

Posted

shower here has turned to sleet/wet snow. wasnt expecting it to be honest. was 4c when i got home.

• Like 2

Posted

MetO and bbc news giving snow showers through tonight and over the weekend with Monday looking exciting!! As mountain shadow said there's a slider low which is set to stall over the uk which could bring significant levels of snow to certain areas!! The met and other forecasters seem unsure as to where will get lucky but the east coast of Ireland north and South could be in for a feast.....lets hope anyway!!

I can't remember the last time snow symbols showed up so far head in forecasts for us!!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow

Didn't feel like snow at all tonight, gound absolutely saturated. However, it's turned to snow here and it's already turning the grass and cars white. If it's starting to stick already we could get some good accumulations by tomorrow evening and this to be followed by deep cold. Great stuff.

Edit: sad news coming through that a man has died in Lisburn following a tree collapsing on his van. Timely reminder of the power of the weather. May he RIP.

Edited by Sperrin
  • Like 4

Posted

Spot on lads. The snow on Mon/Tue is the moisture off the Atlantic (in an arctic sourced, cold low) bumping into cold air above (and below in fairness) and should result in a decent snowfall for us here on the east, however, it's still not set and a shift of hundred miles or so either way could scupper our chances. I'd say the 12z runs on Sunday will give us a more or less final answer. Thereafter, the winds are looking like coming from continental Europe from the NE-ish direction, this keeping us in a cold flow, with possible streamers off the Irish sea, topping up any snow we may already have. 

In my locality, if it happens, will be the first snowfall of any consequence at all since 2010. I had my first flakes since 2010 only 4 days ago!!!

Anyway, I see on the model thread the toys are getting chucked out again. For me, this will be a minimum 5/6 day cold spell, starting tomorrow, and beyond that is just lala stuff. It could swing back with a massive NEly tonight, and while I'd like to see that, it still probably won't happen!!!

Enjoy what you get folks… I'm positively salivating!

• Like 5

Posted

For me, this will be a minimum 5/6 day cold spell, starting tomorrow, and beyond that is just lala stuff. It could swing back with a massive NEly tonight, and while I'd like to see that, it still probably won't happen!!!

Jeez….

Let me try this then...

Not only will the models show an Omega block for day 10 and onwards, locking us into a deep cold pattern with widespread snow for weeks, but myself and my family will each inherit 1.5 million euro from a long lost uncle, we never knew existed, and on Friday, I will win the euro millions...

:-)

• Like 4