Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Ireland Regional Weather Chat

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: blizzards and frost.

slow thaw setting in here, outside temp 1.5c and light snow falling. barometric pressure 975mb and falling, wind starting to pick up.

Edited by stormforce 10

Posted

Really is great weather at the moment.

After the snow, the big storm pushes in this afternoon with heavy rain preceded by snow on higher ground. Unfortunately the snow will melt in the rain, but the focus will be on the winds with widespread gusts to 60mph, pushing 80/90mph on exposed coasts.

Through tomorrow the air will become progressively colder and showers will start to to turn to snow over higher ground with the snow level dropping all the time. Precipitation amounts will vary from place to place but more Northern areas will be favoured.

Over the weekend, bitterly cold with severe night time frosts. There will be frontal systems/troughs moving down from North with any warmer air mixed out, so precipitation should be mainly snow, particularly over higher ground.

Further into next week, looks to maintain the cold weather with frost and snow for some.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow

Snowing heavy again here, noticeable increase in wind gusts as well. What's the chances of some sort of freak convective cooling keeping this snow going all day? That'd be some Craic. Still v chilly outside.

Edited by Sperrin
  • Like 1

Posted

Snowing heavy again here, noticeable increase in wind gusts as well. What's the chances of some sort of freak convective cooling keeping this snow going all day? That'd be some Craic. Still v chilly outside.

snowing heavy in Pomeroy, unfortunately it will turn back to rain again today

Posted

barometric pressure 969mb and falling, outside temp 2.0c and light drizzle.

How long did the snow last for you stormforce?

Posted
  • Location: inter drumlin South Tyrone Blackwater river valley surrounded by the last last ice age...
  • Weather Preferences: jack frost
  • Location: inter drumlin South Tyrone Blackwater river valley surrounded by the last last ice age...

sleet turning to rain in S tyrone ..

Posted

Eight years in my mobile home and have never felt threatened by the weather before . The new farmer to my SW has cut down every tree on the farm .. 5 shelter belts gone !  Be safe over the next 24 hrs .. and may I be too :)

• Like 4

Posted

Still snowing here, although not as intense.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: blizzards and frost.

How long did the snow last for you stormforce?

about an hour, was surprised really as I am not at high elevation.

barometric pressure 965 mb and falling, outside temp 3.1c and raining steadily.

rapid melting of snow.

Edited by stormforce 10

Status RED for you guys.

batten down the hatches:

Wind Warning for Exposed coastal and mountain areas of Donegal, Sligo, Mayo, Galway, Clare, Limerick and Kerry.

Wind gusts 130 to 150km/h possible.

High onshore seas also

Issued:

Wednesday 14 January 2015 14:00

Valid:

Wednesday 14 January 2015 21:00 to Thursday 15 January 2015 12:00

http://www.met.ie/nationalwarnings/default.asp

• Like 3

Posted

Eight years in my mobile home and have never felt threatened by the weather before . The new farmer to my SW has cut down every tree on the farm .. 5 shelter belts gone !  Be safe over the next 24 hrs .. and may I be too :)

you might be okay Be cause, the wind warning has been removed for south Tyrone Armagh and Fermanagh??? That said the wind has really picked up here so would wonder about the validity of this

Posted

The BBC forecast this afternoon suggests we could do well with snow from Thursday evening onwards. Same areas that got the snow recently are most at risk (lucky!)

• Like 4

Posted

Cheers Pom .. I had just seen I am not under a weather warning !! Feels like the closest I've been to a Michael Fish moment in 30years . I reckon isobars are more closely packed across Ireland over the next 24 hrs than they have been in years . That alwayssuggested wind to me .. but obviously not today :) ..  Phew !

Edited by be cause

Posted

Cheers Pom .. I had just seen I am not under a weather warning !! Feels like the closest I've been to a Michael Fish moment in 30

years . I reckon isobars are more closely packed across Ireland over the next 24 hrs than they have been in years . That always

suggested wind to me .. but obviously not today :) ..  Phew !

let's hope that turns out to be the case because :)

Posted

Well, the first run from the new GFS is amazing. Slider low after slider low pushing down from the North West with entrenched cold air. Would be an absolute snow fest.

• Like 2