Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Wales, the Midlands & South West England Weather Discussion

A.J

Posted

Hi I'm off to woolacombe bay in Devon Monday for a weeks holiday and wondered what the forecast is looking like for next week? Be good to no so we can sort of plan what we can do with this kids lol

Exactly as Knocker says. A good week to go.

Our friends are in Woolacombe this week, which I doubt has been as good as next week will be.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, snow and cloud formations

I would say you have picked a good week with temps in low to mid 20sC. Bit cooler on the coast of course. No rain.

Thank you. It's been horrible here, raining every day at some point so be nice to see the sunshine again.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow -20 would be nice :)

I would say you have picked a good week with temps in low to mid 20sC. Bit cooler on the coast of course. No rain.

You say no rain, but looking at the lastest Fax charts.... there's a Q mark regarding Mon/Tue .

But yes weds onwards look great :)

Edit, PurpleButterfly.... Now't too much to worry about, maybe just an odd shower here and there.... Enjoy :good:

Edited by Dancerwithwings

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

You say no rain, but looking at the lastest Fax charts.... there's a Q mark regarding Mon/Tue .

But yes weds onwards look great :)

Edit, PurpleButterfly.... Now't too much to worry about, maybe just an odd shower here and there.... Enjoy :good:

Judging by the MO and BBC forecast, Monday and Tuesday look to be overcast here.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow -20 would be nice :)

Judging by the MO and BBC forecast, Monday and Tuesday look to be overcast here.

Yes with HP mainly in charge it's just a blip, them pesky fronts will fizzle out, imo that is, but looking at the 06z GFS (WARMING UP NICELY) come the end of the week 8)

174-580UK_jzv5.GIF

Edited by Dancerwithwings

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

The MO have released a few maps of rainfall and temperature anomalies, showing what August has been like so far- obviously, cool and wet for many. However, the temp anomaly map showed a small area in Dorset which was -0.5 to 0.5°C while pretty much the rest of England was -1.5 to -0.5°C with some areas -2.5 to -1.5°C

This backs up all my reports in this thread of how good August has been here, at least in comparison to a lot of folks posting their grotty observations :laugh:

I can't post the the large image as it doesn't exist yet unfortunately.

Here's the twitter one:

post-15177-0-14960500-1409313456_thumb.j

Posted

The MO have released a few maps of rainfall and temperature anomalies, showing what August has been like so far- obviously, cool and wet for many. However, the temp anomaly map showed a small area in Dorset which was -0.5 to 0.5°C while pretty much the rest of England was -1.5 to -0.5°C with some areas -2.5 to -1.5°C

This backs up all my reports in this thread of how good August has been here, at least in comparison to a lot of folks posting their grotty observations :laugh:

Here's the twitter one:

attachicon.gifImage-416129.jpg

Never seen a rainfall map quite like that before- all those "blobs" make it look like one of those night time satellite images that show up brightly lit cities. In such a NW'ly dominated month I would not expect the isolated pockets of drier than normal to be in Northern Ireland and the west of Wales and Scotland.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

cool, breezy & cloudy.....really looking forward to next week's return of summer!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Fair to Foul...

16.5c. Overcast Humidity 85%.

Feels like Mid October. Dark and windy with rain and drizzle all day.

Never seen a rainfall map quite like that before- all those "blobs" make it look like one of those night time satellite images that show up brightly lit cities. In such a NW'ly dominated month I would not expect the isolated pockets of drier than normal to be in Northern Ireland and the west of Wales and Scotland.

There tends to be a bias of rainfall to the West in a more mobile fast jetstream setup with fronts moving W to E. Can't remember many significant fronts moving W to E this month. more common in Autumn and winter. Been some slow moving southerly tracking lows though which could explain the rainfall. 153mm here so still comfortably above average.

The first half of September is looking summery, often seems to be case that the first half of September brings some of the best summery weather of the year and then in the second half Autumn arrives proper. Looks like we could see this traditional pattern this year.

Edited by Bobby

Posted

Back to normal today, slate grey skies, drizzle, 16.7c.

Looks like yet another Saturday of heavy downpours through the Cheshire Gap to get through tomorrow before improvements begin.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Fair to Foul...

Damp. Overcast.  Grey .  Humidity 90%rh. But only 0.3mm Precipitation. Temperature is 16.9c.

Posted

Here's the twitter one:

attachicon.gifImage-416129.jpg

So dorset temps anomaly are similar to John O'Groats, anybody on this thread from there to confirm :hi:

I know, I know I'm grabbing my coat now...

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

Back to normal today, slate grey skies, drizzle, 16.7c.

Looks like yet another Saturday of heavy downpours through the Cheshire Gap to get through tomorrow before improvements begin.

yeah, cheshire gap day tomorrow

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.

Moderate Rain here for the last 2 hours.

Posted

yeah, cheshire gap day tomorrow

Yup disappointing as Sunday's downgrading to a NW wind/grey day to, looked gorgeously sunny before, now looks grey till 2/3pm.

Posted

Forecast has been well off the mark for here today. Gusty winds, swirling drizzle late this afternoon, and now chucking it down. It was meant to be dry.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

Forecast has been well off the mark for here today. Gusty winds, swirling drizzle late this afternoon, and now chucking it down. It was meant to be dry.

Very windy in London too today!

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

I am in the Midlands ATM and found Friday a reasonably dry day with sunny intervals in which it felt warm. Quite a fresh wind but would nt call it a windy day, forecasts always had the day down as rather unsettled not sure why some expected it to be completely dry?

Posted

Blustery showers blowing through here this morning leaving 1.8mm so far. Temp 11.9c, Wind 14.1mph W/N/W, Gusting 24mph.

Posted

Was expecting sunny spells and heavy showers through Cheshire Gap today, instead overcast stratocumulus, i'd rather of had the showers as at least the sun usually comes out between them.

Posted

18°C and sunny.

A good day for an air festival. :)

attachicon.giflumia.jpg

Was she'!'te over Bomo, cloud base came down. BUT, did have a plus side, it generated some rotation, which we watched from Sandbanks, as it dropped, rose back to the cloud edge and tried again, but it was all over. A great 10mins of viewing, better than the air show. Edited by Dorsetbred