Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Model Banter, Moans and Ramps Autumn/Winter 2014/15.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heat and Snow

The cold and snowy theme continues on the models today - get ready, it's coming...

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow Heat thundersnow heatwaves and freezing fog

From an imby pov I cant get excited yet not seen any snow for 22 months just seems to miss this area lol

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The Actual Weather ..... not fantasy.

My snow drops are up too. Showing white buds, but none are open. Time for them looks about average to me. Saw some elongating catkins this week - that shows we have had a few mild days. Hopefully all will be put on hold for a while when get our snowfest.

yep same here with both snowdrops and catkins. think the snowies will be put on hold though judging by current model outputs...

tbh this cold is a bullet i dont expect we can dodge (unlike many previous shots), the question isnt 'will it get cold' but 'how severe will the cold be' .  at least itll please those of a cold preferance, and those of us who like to see some seasonal weather.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: summer thunderstorms snow snow snow

yep same here with both snowdrops and catkins. think the snowies will be put on hold though judging by current model outputs...

tbh this cold is a bullet i dont expect we can dodge (unlike many previous shots), the question isnt 'will it get cold' but 'how severe will the cold be' .  at least itll please those of a cold preferance, and those of us who like to see some seasonal weather.

Daff's in flower down here,primroses aswell. 

Look's like we might get an easterly next week. Whilst it might lower the temp's here,they are usually V.dry and sunny.

TBH i don't like them much,dry burning winds with sod all chance of snow.

Posted

What I love about the current output is the period this is occurring. I cannot tell you how many times I have seen a fantastic E,ly being progged by the models at +240 and watching this implode at +96.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Location: inter drumlin South Tyrone Blackwater river valley surrounded by the last last ice age...
  • Weather Preferences: jack frost
  • Location: inter drumlin South Tyrone Blackwater river valley surrounded by the last last ice age...

Horray .. It's SNOWING ! :yahoo:  :yahoo:  :yahoo:

Posted

Horray .. It's SNOWING ! :yahoo:  :yahoo:  :yahoo:

Grrrrrrrrrr..it's Raining        :angry:        :angry:        :angry:

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm summers but not too hot and colder winters with frost and snow

My snow drops are up too. Showing white buds, but none are open. Time for them looks about average to me. Saw some elongating catkins this week - that shows we have had a few mild days. Hopefully all will be put on hold for a while when get our snowfest.

Yep. Snowdrops been out here for about 7-10 days in favoured South Facing gardens but that is only about a week ahead of schedule .Daffs and tulips growing nicely but think that will stop from the weekend and they could be covered up next week lol. That will not be a problem though and I look forward to seeing everything in full bloom,just not before late Feb as it would be great to have a nice long cold spell of 2-3 weeks after about 16 consecutive weeks of above average temps down here.!!Come on the Snow and cold,show us what you've got :cold:  :cold:

Posted

yeah my primroses have a few flowers on them..

Posted

Daff's in flower down here,primroses aswell. 

Look's like we might get an easterly next week. Whilst it might lower the temp's here,they are usually V.dry and sunny.

TBH i don't like them much,dry burning winds with sod all chance of snow.

Ahhh, but a good easterly is of great benefit to you and those in the south west of England and south Wales IF a channel low pops along. People in those areas are then often inundated with a Blzzard. :)

• Like 3

Posted

Ahhh, but a good easterly is of great benefit to you and those in the south west of England and south Wales IF a channel low pops along. People in those areas are then often inundated with a Blzzard. :)

IF is a very big word. 1987 aside,they rarely come off.

Either a bit far north or as in march 2013,a bit far south.

9 times out of 10, an east wind brings naught but what if's i'm afraid.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

IF is a very big word. 1987 aside,they rarely come off.

Either a bit far north or as in march 2013,a bit far south.

9 times out of 10, an east wind brings naught but what if's i'm afraid.

Surely cold sunshine is better than gales and endless rain, though? It's way too early to know which areas might get snow anyway. The SW might get buried!

• Like 1

Posted

Surely cold sunshine is better than gales and endless rain, though? It's way too early to know which areas might get snow anyway. The SW might get buried!

True,and it would dry everything out.

Just careful not to get carried away with any easterly.Stops any heart- break, down the line.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

True,and it would dry everything out.

Just careful not to get carried away with any easterly.Stops any heart- break, down the line.

Very true, it's nice to get a bit excited about possible incoming weather but good to remember it can and often will change last minute. The over-excitable teens on here seem to forget that and get caught up in their own fantasy world lol.

Some dry air would be welcome now if it won't snow.

• Like 1

Posted

I'm going to punch the GFS in the face!

Tried that already,proved quite expensive :fool:

Posted

the ficklety of members is raising its head again, when the gfs is progressive suggesting cold, its :drunk: , but when it shows a lesser extreme its getting trashed, ignored, disbelieved . of course the gfs 12z might well be correct! :whistling:

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Spanish plumes, hot and sunny with thunderstorms

Today is the most horrible type of cold, it just smacks you in the face when you go out and it hardly brought much in the way of sunshine here, just mostly dull with light showers. If its not going to turn mild then i at least want some sort of interest to come from this tedious cold weather. i.e snow! Models are toying with some wintry stuff i see and thankfully lighter winds too!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Wow what a mess!post-19090-0-13408500-1421171778_thumb.j

• Like 1

Posted
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet

No spring plants out here.

I did bring one in though. It barely finds a British summer tolerable (from southern Europe I think) but it seems to have decided it rather likes the combination of my kitchen radiator and steam when cooking because its flowering.

Posted

well this mornings runs look like a downgrade to what yesterday evenings were.... it will get cold, but just how cold... its looking good for snow, but its still several days away and in this volotile atmosphere might still go the way of the pear.

but theres nothing mild on offer at all after tonights warm sector.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold

After all the recent changes in the weather pattern, the extended Met Office forecast still remains the same -

"However towards the end of this period, drier and more settled conditions may start to become a little more dominant, especially across the south". :cc_confused:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers and cold snowy winters

After all the recent changes in the weather pattern, the extended Met Office forecast still remains the same -

"However towards the end of this period, drier and more settled conditions may start to become a little more dominant, especially across the south". :cc_confused:

After Fergie's comment a few minutes ago on the MOD thread, I suspect this may be changing quite soon.

Posted

whats wrong with that?

"drier and more settled conditions may start to become a little more dominant, especially across the south"

its a prediction based on the data they have access too.... the keyword is 'may'.

Edited by mushymanrob