Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland - Weather Chat

Paul

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summers Snowy Winters Stormy Autumns

Agree Dragan and weather warning out for snow from midnight tonight...not read it yet just seen the alert on my email

Will not be imby I don't think as flow looking too NW for us but some will do ok....think going to be lots of nowcasting in the days coming up and many surprise features...some messy looking faxes and potentially messy in a good way

Edited by edodfc

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, warm spring, hot summers - nae chance in Scottie though!

I had to hold on to the weeone to try and propel us forward toward school. Just aboot blown away!

Feels chilly with the v strong wind.

Keeps everything crossed for next few days.

Darvel forecast looks fab! Ours here has gone to a wee light snow shower blob and that's itâ„ï¸

Posted

After the initial snow from the warm front last night it was rain battering off the windows through the early hours. Pleased to say that the snow cover is reduced but intact and it has returned to heavy snow here now

After my many gripes about reporting of the weather on TV I must also give a thumbs up to last nights c5 report and the bbc one, they were near here in the a9 corridor between inverness and Aviemore. Hopefully they'll be dotted around the land looking frozen again in the coming week

Edited by Northern Strath
  • Like 2

Sod it, I'm off to buy a snowshovel, a sledge, some candles, emergency food rations, bottled water (for when the pipes freeze up...don't trust melted snow), a diesel electric generator, 500 litres of diesel to run the thing, satellite internet connection, six pairs of gloves, twelve pairs of thermal socks and a week's supply of tobacco. Time for some reverse reverse psychology...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold. Enjoy all extremes though.

Sod it, I'm off to buy a snowshovel, a sledge, some candles, emergency food rations, bottled water (for when the pipes freeze up...don't trust melted snow), a diesel electric generator, 500 litres of diesel to run the thing, satellite internet connection, six pairs of gloves, twelve pairs of thermal socks and a week's supply of tobacco. Time for some reverse reverse psychology...

Don't forget a partridge in a pear tree then! :D   

• Like 2

Posted

Darvel forecast looks fab! Ours here has gone to a wee light snow shower blob and that's itâ„ï¸

Probably won't turn out anything like that but you never know. :cold:

• Like 1

Posted

Don't forget some good single malt to keep you extra warm.  :D

• Like 1

Posted

Never mind sliding low pressure systems next week we have a sliding cold front currently which has turned the rain back to heavy wet snow and 1c in the last 30 minutes. Cows back in from neeps in 45 minutes a record. Ground conditions horrendous.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: where's my vote?

H

No whisky? Tssk...

Rain turned back to sleet here already which is most unexpected as the 850 temp is supposedly only hovering around 0C. Edit... NL's post reminds me to look at the fax chart... oh yeah!  Crikey we're in for some cold! :cold:

Don't forget some good single malt to keep you extra warm.  :D

You beat me to it!! :rofl::D

Edited by Hairy Celt
  • Like 2

Posted

Are we in for some snow tomorrow and next week then? Was hoping the relatively decent snow cover we had yesterday would have survived to the weekend so the kids (well, me!) could enjoy making snowmen when I'm off work but the rain and wind from last night here has got rid of it all. If there's more snow on the way tomorrow then I'll be one very happy bunny...

• Like 1

Posted
  • Location: Maddiston , Falkirk, Scotland 390ft above sea level

Hauzen - If the weather behaves we might be in for some snow after 9pm tonight, :closedeyes:  in the higher areas of the central belt. It is forecast and METO has a yellow warning.

• Like 1

Posted

I once saw an episode of that pash MTV show 'cribs' where a basketball star had cows and he rode them about occasionally. Possible idea to aid you in tricky conditions underfoot NL. Ice skates for the coming week though

Snow has got much lighter now after some real horizontal heavy stuff for a while there

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summers Snowy Winters Stormy Autumns

CMD thats no reverse thats just pyschology!!!

Our met update says little precipitation over the weekend in general :(

but as said earlier things can appear quickly and mon/tue looking potentially interesting....

where is LS...... did he pass out whilst reading the 18z last night

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold. Enjoy all extremes though.

21mph sustained/51mph gust so not as bad as you B.   Another couple of hours should see it off?   Dew point 0.6c and temp pretty much the same all morning sitting at 5c.

Posted

I have to admit this one sounds the worst from the few we've had recently.

Sounds like the roofs going to be torn off our hangar.

Posted

Glasgow feels like the eye of a storm on a fishing boat! :cold:

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy winters, warm dry summers

Hi folks, yep this is defo the worst of the trio of storms we have had recently, hopefully another couple of hours and then calming down a bit.

Temp has dropped from 5C to 3.3 in last hour.

Stay safe folks.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Location: The Highlands of West Fife. 650ft ASL. Nr Knockhill Racing Circuit
  • Weather Preferences: Hot N' Sunny / Cauld N' Snawy
  • Location: The Highlands of West Fife. 650ft ASL. Nr Knockhill Racing Circuit

East coast slushfest middle of next week. Is this what I'm supposed to get excited about?

Now now HC!

you must be spending too much time in the MT

Big Innes

Posted

Just lost the satellite dish :(

I was always curious that there is an area of hillside on the west side of West Lomond named on the 1:25000 map as  'Wind and Weather' - now I know why!