Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland - Weather Chat

Paul

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, warm spring, hot summers - nae chance in Scottie though!

Really really bad here gusting Strongly. In the car was a nightmare!. Neighbours fence has just gone down !

Gust of 79mph recorded at blackford hill, edinburgh

Edited by snowy owl

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms, gales. All extremes except humidity.

Tay Road bridge closed and I am just hearing that the rail bridge is too. That is more unusual. Road bridge closes when gusts exceed 80mph. Very windy here in town too.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Subzero

I was always curious that there is an area of hillside on the west side of West Lomond named on the 1:25000 map as  'Wind and Weather' - now I know why!

<laughs>

<turns TV on>

<sobs>

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snaw

Think it's trying to rain here (Riccarton, W Embra); radar says it is anyway, but wind is just blowing it horizontally so it's not reaching the ground.

Edited by scottish skier

Posted
  • Location: Grangemouth, Central Scotland 5m ASL Weekday mornings and afternoons: Edinburgh
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: cold, snow, fog Summer: warm, sunny
  • Location: Grangemouth, Central Scotland 5m ASL Weekday mornings and afternoons: Edinburgh

Been raining in Edinburgh since about 12 and very windy. On the double decker shuttle bus for the uni it was swaying about in the wind. Feeling really cold in the wind. The temperature was between 5 and 6 with the dew point at -0.2 when I left the house at 8.10 this morning but I would imagine the temperature is a bit lower now as it does feel colder

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold in winter and dry and very warm in summer

Very very windy here as everyone seems to be reporting.

Tuesday night has illustrated the fickle nature of snow (particularly in the form of showers) perfectly. The fact that Stirling had very little and yet just up the road in Dunblane (as reported in here) they had sooo much more....

Tomorrow looks interesting again with the prospect of snow showers packing in...

Any of the great posters on here able to hazard a guess at the impact of said showers? I'm driving down the road tomorrow and was wondering if accumulations are predicted... I'm guessing over the higher parts of the roads they will have some snow.

Looks like a good week ahead too :)

• Like 1

Posted

Tay Road bridge closed and I am just hearing that the rail bridge is too. That is more unusual. Road bridge closes when gusts exceed 80mph. Very windy here in town too.

Yes, wild in St Andrews and very wild back in Crail according to my wife. Colleague has just said the Friarton Bridge is also closed? 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy or warm and dry

Yes, wild in St Andrews and very wild back in Crail according to my wife. Colleague has just said the Friarton Bridge is also closed? 

Traffic Scotland website saying "Closed to High Sided Vehicles" for Friarton.

Still pretty windy here, not much worse than earlier this morning but certainly not died down at all either. Staying dry so far, with most of the rain (or whatever) staying just to the south of Aberdeen.

Posted

Friarton closed to high sided vehicles. Open for cars as just went over it.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal weather!

Wow it's wild today. The winds really picked up around 1pm when the horizontal rain arrived. Hope everyone stays safe out there. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold. Enjoy all extremes though.

Our highest gust here was 50mph at noon.   It has slowly been decreasing here since then.  Now at 16mph.  Quite odd really how areas quite near to me have had much higher gusts and sustained winds.   Ah well, hopefully this will see the end of the windy weather for a wee while!   3.2c/2.3c.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summers Snowy Winters Stormy Autumns

East coast slushfest middle of next week. Is this what I'm supposed to get excited about?

hc wash your mouth out after that imby post....I take it you have a feeling ure just gonna be dry and cold...I think I know what I will think once LS or Lorenzo extract the digit and do their jobs ;)

Edited by edodfc

Posted

Looking at the sequence of showers in the WRF model, moving north and east as the wind shifts NW from SW, I'd guess that's probably the activity that the latest of the Met Office snow warnings is focussed on. The 12Z run is just coming out but under 850 hpa's @ -6C, there's definitely some potential.

http://www.meteociel.fr/modeles/wrfnmm.php?ech=16&mode=16&map=330

http://www.meteociel.fr/modeles/wrfnmm.php?ech=16&mode=1&map=330

Edited by moffatross
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Beginning with S ending with W ;)

Isn't latest GFS mild outlier?