Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland - Weather Chat

Paul

Posted

Here is the front that just went through Glasgow about 15 minutes ago. Blinding winter sunshine to near darkness in a matter of minutes. Managed to get it when it was half n half.

post-11598-0-11968700-1418212734_thumb.j

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Frost and Thunderstorms

Hail and thunder again in East Kilbride just now

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold. Enjoy all extremes though.

Wind picking up again now and becoming a bit gusty. Temp and dew point falling also 3.2c/1.4c pressure 996mbs. Heavy sleet shower just starting.

Edit: 2.5c/1.3c now.

post-1989-0-43071700-1418213263_thumb.jp

Edited by Blitzen

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers

Don't know if it was when you posted but the gate is now shut. Not a surprise if you look at the Glenshee Ski area webcam...http://m.webcam-hd.com/ski-scotland/glenshee (that's if you can actually see anything),

Brief shower of sleety stuff in Dyce but back to blue skies again now. Wife texted earlier from work in Huntly "Snowing well outside".

Hi, it was open when I posted the link just after 11am

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Beginning with S ending with W ;)

Gutted about the latest warnings, may have been our last chance this side of the year. Let's hope for once Piers Corbyn has got this week and Christmas period correct!

Posted

Gutted about the latest warnings, may have been our last chance this side of the year. Let's hope for once Piers Corbyn has got this week and Christmas period correct!

I'm in the same boat.

However on the plus side it means I might get the car's washed while I'm off on Friday.

Posted

Heavy snow/sleet here now at the moment. We had a bit of thunder when I went out to get the wee one from nursery and a huge hail shower.

Don't give up so easily:

post-2844-0-71027000-1418214843_thumb.gi

There's no indication in any of the models of a full-scale return to mild SWly winds in the medium term. There is a high likelihood that there will be more snow chances before the end of the month.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, warm spring, hot summers - nae chance in Scottie though!

Really windy again!! Just had a blast of hail/snow pellets now lying on greenhouse roof! Shame about Friday warnings â›„ï¸ No snowmen just yet then.

Posted
  • Location: Maddiston , Falkirk, Scotland 390ft above sea level

I am just praying for a wee dusting of snow when I get home but I might be deluding myself. Just wet and windy so far not that inspiring.

Posted

Heavy sleet now in Edinburgh.

Edit: Now wet snow. There's hope yet :-)

Edited by 101_North
  • Like 1

Posted

With all the damage Piers Corbyn has done to the credibility of serious meteorology over the years with only his own interests at stake, I wouldn't care for him to start lucking in now.

Don't give up so easily:

There's no indication in any of the models of a full-scale return to mild SWly winds in the medium term. There is a high likelihood that there will be more snow chances before the end of the month.

And yep, the GFS ensembles are screaming that out too ... http://modeles.meteociel.fr/modeles/gens/runs/2014121006/graphe3_1000___-4.056603773584904_55.991902834008094_.gif

Edited by moffatross

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summers Snowy Winters Stormy Autumns

cant get on anything just now rubbish phone signal can barely open this...what has happened to the warnings?? snow threat reduced?? low tracking further south?? presume Friday we are talking about

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNOW :-D

cant get on anything just now rubbish phone signal can barely open this...what has happened to the warnings?? snow threat reduced?? low tracking further south?? presume Friday we are talking about

Yes, Friday warning has gone for us, it has moved further south :(

Edited by Allyw12

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summers Snowy Winters Stormy Autumns

ach well plenty time for that too change....and potential interest before then...although when were the qorst winds to hit here because nowt to report just now....just a normal dreich winters day so far

Posted

So a lot of hyperbole about a normal December Gale!

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold and snowy in winter, a good mix of weather the rest of the time

Not that surprising to see it moved south, we usually do better without warnings anyway...(and in this case we might end up far enough north of the system on Thursday night to benefit from more convective stuff).

Been wet snow here, temperature down to around 3C, the snow is starting to lie on some of the higher fields up the hill so about 200m while the tops have a good covering.

post-9298-0-31647100-1418218687_thumb.jp

Pretty much how I expected today to pan out to be honest, although the wind has been pretty sporadic, should be more interest tonight and tomorrow