Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland - Weather Chat

Paul

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow,cold,frost,fog,wind,rain

Decent snow for a short time in Cumbernauld, paths and roads are a slushfest! Temp is hovering around 1 degree- if that starts to freeze......gritters again are notable by their absence

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summers Snowy Winters Stormy Autumns

Not even close too lying that shower but I will take it...was very squally and way windier than anytime yesterday

• Like 1

Posted

Good few beefy showers here today so far with another about to start by the looks of things. It's bitter in the wind, WS reads 2.2c but it feels much less. Nothing lying at this level as yet but about another 100ft up it's sticking, everything is white surrounding me :-) 

Posted

Good to see some more folks getting some snow. I see the Met Office warning offers another 2-5cm for areas >150m. They've firmed up on the rain to snow band affecting the Pennines, so don't think that will come into play north of the border.

It's been dry here all morning, current temperature 3c/1c.

No expectation of snow here but what I may get is my coldest temperature for some time as winds go light - especially tomorrow night/Saturday morning. My minimum temperature for 2013/14 was just -1.9c so I would expect to beat that!

Posted

This might need some technical explanation but can somebody tell me what caused yesterday's thundergeddon as to speak? Seems very unusual the way we got battered (not heard that much thunder during a day)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold. Enjoy all extremes though.

Just back from Kirkcaldy and nothing lying there.   Too near the sea I suppose.  Melted a bit up here but still showery.  1.4c/0.8c.  Not complaining though as it was a nice surprise this morning.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, warm spring, hot summers - nae chance in Scottie though!

101 it's much the same here v slushy. Gonna be nightmare ice again. Looks like we're on course for another shower sky is turning dark again.

Posted

101 it's much the same here v slushy. Gonna be nightmare ice again. Looks like we're on course for another shower sky is turning dark again.

Yep if this is heading your way it's very, very heavy! Melted areas now filling in again!

Edit: Heavy but brief!

Edited by 101_North
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, warm spring, hot summers - nae chance in Scottie though!

Really windy again too !! Yikes and I have to go out shortly!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: Warm/Dry enough for a t-shirt. Winter: Cold enough for a scarf.

Not a flake of snow seen at all today just north of Glasgow city centre, although I can see snow falling a couple of miles to the north.

Posted
  • Location: Maddiston , Falkirk, Scotland 390ft above sea level
  • Location: Maddiston , Falkirk, Scotland 390ft above sea level

That band is creeping upwards from Southern Eire. I just wonder?

Posted

Heard road closed at Garelochead not sure what one though. Not much happening here - Paisley - but some brief snow showers passing through just wish the wind would die a little, although it's much less than yesterday, and a bitty more precip. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, wild! wild! wild! Frost, a wee bit o' sun....

No snow today or yesterday, lots of sleet and hail, thunder, lightning and a wee bit breezy too! Power went out this morning at 9am, I think the whole island. College cancelled, so students and teacher repaired to a fellow students house for tea and biccies in front of her Aga. Home for the rest of the day, Baltic with sleet and hail.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold and snowy in winter, a good mix of weather the rest of the time

Been some hefty showers through the day here, currently more slushy than anything (although clearly a covering just a few metres up) but with the sun going down and more showers incoming I think we might be able to build up some cover again. With pressure sinking once again from the north I'd expect the main line of showers to track further south as the evening progresses before eventually dying out.

Showers look like dying off in the early hours, although potentially more to come from the northwest tomorrow morning:

14121206_1106.gif

• Like 7

Posted

Another hefty shower rattling through. Today has been great fun and helps erase memories of last years horror show!

• Like 1

Posted

No snow lying up in paisley but took back road again home and started getting lying snow at Kilmacolm right into port. Struggled a wee bit driving up the hill to mine bit slippery and said -1oC on car, down from 0.5 in Paisley.  Started snowing albeit a shower. It looks like the famous Inverclyde snow firewall is sleeping, hopefully kicked the bucket!

Funnily enough there's a little corner in the back patio of the house that has about a 4" drift in it - treasured forever!

Edited by grifter

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold in winter, warm and sunny in summer.

post-18297-0-76639200-1418318346_thumb.j

Went for a walk on the way home. Heavy snow falling and about 2-3 inches on the ground.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: where's my vote?

A lot calmer now than a few hours ago and looks like temps aren't going to drop so much tonight, more's the pity. Then colder later tomorrow perhaps.

Hoary old question this... Anyone had a weather station for a few years and still happy with it?  I had an Oregon Scientific model a few years back that lasted about 4 years before the wiring in the external sensors started to rot... I was thinking of treating myself to another one maybe but I'm not wasting money on crap like that again.

Posted

I moved to the extreme NW of Dundee earlier this year. There's no snow in town, no snow at work (Fintry) but a different world up here.

post-5439-0-50056000-1418318949_thumb.jp

• Like 1