Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland - Weather Chat

Paul

Posted
  • Location: Maddiston , Falkirk, Scotland 390ft above sea level
  • Location: Maddiston , Falkirk, Scotland 390ft above sea level

It is further north but its much lighter. We will get something from it now temps are dropping.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: where's my vote?

Heavy wet sleet in the far north just now; the rivers are well up and very cold after this week's ppn, something to consider if you were thinking of a swim in a Highland river tomorrow.

• Like 3

Posted

A really foul day here with a strong west wind and frequent sleet snow and hail showers which only partially settled with a maximum temperature of 1c and  a fair old  windchill. The ground is absolutely saturated.

My face is burning tonight after even short periods today being exposed to the above weather

Dry snow level is about 600 feet and when it occasionally cleared at times today these areas were very white with snow covered trees.

Currently dry 0.4c and starry with a moderate ground frost  and sheet ice everywhere. Almost every surface is difficult to walk on.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thundery summers, very snowy winters! Huge Atlantic Storms!

Moderate flurries of snow currently, 2C :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summers Snowy Winters Stormy Autumns

I hope LS studying charts and no away gallivanting someplace ;) update required

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Beginning with S ending with W ;)

Well after my post the other day about lack of snow for Christmas period(I apologise heat of the moment etc haha) may take this back after reading latest posts by Steve Murr and now Fergieweather in Model thread, interesting and exciting read. After 4mins Fergieweather post had 16likes is that new record ha.

Edited by Bullseye
  • Like 1

Posted

I think fergie likes teasing them :)

• Like 1

Posted

Charts beginning to look more promising I think we may wake up to some boom charts....been quite a few trends for a very cold nd potentially snowy xmas day but I guess we should wait at least another week before even thinking about that...very quiet weather tonight

• Like 1

Posted

The paths looks like they going to be fun to walk the 3 dogs in the morning :cold: Looks cold out there already and can only get colder....................

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold and snowy in winter, a good mix of weather the rest of the time

I hope LS studying charts and no away gallivanting someplace ;) update required

Haha, I'm still about, been revising for my final exam next week and struggling with a throat infection so I'll give a fuller update tomorrow hopefully.

In the meantime, just a few things to look out for:

more showers feeding into Ayrshire and the Northwest Highlands overnight, potentially extending further east at times (according to the Netweather mesoscale model):

14121206_1118.gif

Frontal snowfall from the north at some point tomorrow afternoon, with potentially another trough following through overnight:

PPVE89.png

14121218_1118.gif

A harsh frost early Saturday morning, temperatures bottoming out around -3C for most but potentially some minus double digit temperatures recorded somewhere, probably around MoffatRoss' patch:

14121312_1118.gif

Some showers heading into sub zero temperatures through the day Saturday in the slack westerly flow, with the potential for a top up before milder air moves in behind:

14121312_1118.gif

Potential for a northwesterly reload (albeit probably less stormy this time) early-mid next week:

h850t850eu.png h850t850eu.png

h850t850eu.png

h850t850eu.png

Hints of a northerly flow just in time for Christmas (not just based on this, also from fergie at the MO's comments on the MT):

h850t850eu.png

In summary, intermittent  :cold: potentially leading to more prolonged  :cold:  :cold:  :cold: by Christmas.

Stay safe out there, very icy already here so it's going to be dangerous/hilarious trying to walk outside tomorrow morning :rofl:

• Like 5

Posted

Great stuff ls cheers

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: well it depends.. just not haar!

White world here, with the lying snow frozen and twinkling away like diamonds. I dono what the temp is cos ony hubby can reach up to see it and he's oot. But it's cauld. :cold:

• Like 1

Posted

Morning all,

Clear skies and frosty at -1.6c. After a frost-free Autumn that's my third air frost this month.

• Like 2

Posted

Nice calm dry start to the day patches of frozen snow sparkling and currently -0.5c. Appears to be a line of showers heading down from the NW on the radar so nice frozen base ready for them.

• Like 1

Posted

Nice calm dry start to the day patches of frozen snow sparkling and currently -0.5c. Appears to be a line of showers heading down from the NW on the radar so nice frozen base ready for them.

This feature is lIkely to be rain at lower levels (I think) as a pocket of milder air heads south through the day, with colder air returning immediately behind it. Of course I may be misreading the charts!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow!

Had quite a few hefty showers on and off all day yesterday, and a few more over night by the look of things. Garden looking beautiful in it's winter coat!

• Like 1

Posted

Beautiful crisp clear frosty morning in Balmedie. -1 first thing.    Next best thing to snow in my opinion.  Fantastic view of moon and Jupiter ( I think )...      Great to hear of so many getting their first real snow of the winter.     Enjoy. 

• Like 1

I've looked through the ECM this morning, out of 11 charts covering the next 10 days I'd say that 7 were cold/very cool, 2 were intermediate and 2 were vaguely mild. I know for many lowland areas it hasn't been a remarkable spell of cold weather, but it's a start and it will continue vaguely cold for the foreseeable.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snaw

This feature is lIkely to be rain at lower levels (I think) as a pocket of milder air heads south through the day, with colder air returning immediately behind it. Of course I may be misreading the charts!

Seems to be producing snow on the TS cams at the moment, at least inland and with some elevation.

Was -1 C when I woke up. 2 cm of crisp snaw. Gairden all white. Now -0.3 C.

Road outside would appeal to Torvill and Dean.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Location: The Highlands of West Fife. 650ft ASL. Nr Knockhill Racing Circuit
  • Weather Preferences: Hot N' Sunny / Cauld N' Snawy
  • Location: The Highlands of West Fife. 650ft ASL. Nr Knockhill Racing Circuit

-4 Deg C and a couple of inches of crisp lying snaw this morning

Christ, even Knock hill Racing Circuit got a spot on the STV News last night!!!

Big Innes

Edited by Big Innes Madori
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: where's my vote?

Heavy frontal sleet passing through here for a couple of hours so should be a pasting heading for most folk if it doesn't break up too badly.

How many pages this week? In summer it was a page a week max!

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold. Enjoy all extremes though.

Lovely cold, crisp morning here.   After an overnight low of -1.7c we are now sitting at -0.7c/-1.3c.   Hope for later today then?

post-1989-0-20614800-1418375899_thumb.jp

• Like 1

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.

Looking good for Snow sports this weekend.

Edited by Polar Maritime
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy or warm and dry

I'm doing pretty well for air frosts this months. Notched up another one last night with a low of -1.7C under clear skies. I've still to witness a flake of snow fall though. Wife has seen some in Huntly, my youngest even said it snowed in Kemnay the other day (didn't lie) but nowt seen by my own eyes. Maybe today is the day (or I'm cursed, cos 2 weeks out from my ski trip to La Plagne and it's not looking as if I'll be doing much skiing).