Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North West England - Weather Chat

Thunderbolt_

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

However the Gfs paints a different picture to the above so we would be best listening to the met office who have been good of late.

Also experience tells us that if we have 30+ winds coming in from the Irish Sea that we get battered by showers.

Rain showers?

Posted

It's good that we're all lowering our expections, at least we are not declaring 'snow emergencies' and talking about once in a lifetime event :p  I mean there's not much room left for manoeuvring with that one.

Expect nothing!....then be pleasantly surprised if you get something.

Edited by dodgeredee

Posted

Rain showers?

I suppose that depends on whether you put your faith in one computer model or the trained experts at the met office with several computer models and the ability to assess the situation taking into account Uppers,dew points, wet bulb, thickness and evaporative cooling.

Wednesday:

Cold, with frequent showers, being blown in on a strong to gale force northwesterly wind. Showers wintry especially later, when some snow accumulations are likely, even to lower levels. Maximum Temperature 8C.

Outlook for Thursday to Saturday:

Cold with wintry showers, more frequent Thursday and more isolated Friday, with more in the way of sunny spells developing, especially inland. Strong winds will accentuate the cold feel throughout.

Updated at: 1513 on Tue 27 Jan 2015

Posted

This has just been posted in the MOD thread, can't get more of an IMBY post than that! Laughable!

"If we could just get a more north east feed rather than a n/nw shown in the models everyone would be in for the fun!"

Posted
  • Location: Bootle merseyside (near to coast at Waterloo,Crosby)
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,frost and fog
  • Location: Bootle merseyside (near to coast at Waterloo,Crosby)

Nothng for us here on the coasts -in bootle and walton etc just cold rain methinks! -am travelling home at rush hour tomorrow noght from Newcastle by train am wondering if I should have packed an extra days worth of clothes lol!

Posted
  • Location: Walton liverpool 33m asl work hoylake near train station
  • Weather Preferences: winter snow summer lots of sun
  • Location: Walton liverpool 33m asl work hoylake near train station

So looking forward to more rain and wind yippie NOT!!!

Posted

I don't see why people are feeling deflated this will be our best chance of widespread snow for the NW since 2010 IMO, I think even coastal areas during the early hours of Thursday morning will see falling snow during the heavier showers, lying snow I'm not so sure about but for those a little further inland a good couple of inches of lying snow is not out of the question. Chins up fellow NW and there's always the risk of polar lows forming from Sunday-Tuesday.

Edited by Hocus Pocus

Posted

Weatherchannel forecast 5-11" of snow here woohoo.... â„ï¸â„ï¸â„ï¸ One of many forecasts.... Accu going for 2-6" .....

Plus framingham ma at 30" as of midday, stayed there when my brother in law lived there.... And montauk ny on long island has 24.8" where. Stayed on holiday in hamptons....

post-16439-0-25802200-1422381728_thumb.j

post-16439-0-27444600-1422381741_thumb.j

Edited by Will Padz

Posted

Not good.

post-19090-0-99517500-1422382501_thumb.j

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: very cold frosty days, blizzards, warm weather not too hot, floods, storms

Not good.

At least the wind will be more colder than last time.   I don't know why some mild air still sticking with us by then. It seems it is too stubborn to get rid of it from us. :(

i just bet it turns to snow while the wind is blowing. If its not blowing it be rain.

Edited by pip22

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: heavy snow/ heatwaves

Not good.

Its been bugging me all day that euro4 model...been steadily downgrading snow chances all day.....on the brightside met office and tv forecasts still looking reasonably good.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold/snow winter, Warm/hot summer, Thunderstorms, Severe Gales

Not good.

its bloody fantastic for me

How much snow could I see

i honestly think you'll get 5cm minimum by Thursday 12pm

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Thunderstorms

The way I see it is we ALL have a decent window between Wed pm to say Tues (or even longer) to see some falling snow and many will see lying snow. This is going to be a pretty unstable air stream coming over the UK so more organised bands of snow showers could form at quite short notice. So if you don't see snow tmr/Thurs do not despair or throw the towel in as something may just crop up which sweeps down from the North esp between Sun to Tue. I live very much in a rubbish area for snow, so to start with I'd be happy with a few half decent snow showers whether they stick or not. Good luck to everyone, let's hope by this time next week we'll all be fairly happy! :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: very cold frosty days, blizzards, warm weather not too hot, floods, storms

Its been bugging me all day that euro4 model...been steadily downgrading snow chances all day.....on the brightside met office and tv forecasts still looking reasonably good.

I don't think I could trust the euro4 model to be honest. It cannot be always predicted and may well change by this time tomorrow hopefully for the better.

I bet its just teasing us if its wrong. :)

Edited by pip22

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Thunderstorms

I don't think I could trust the euro4 model to be honest. It cannot be always predicted and may well change by this time tomorrow hopefully for the better.

I bet its just teasing us. :)

Yes it has been wrong before like most models when snow is forecast

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy weather

Hopefully we will be pleasently surprised !!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,snow,snow!! Ooh and sunny,warm days!!!

Heres hoping!

Posted

Look at the bright side, it is only 3C by 1pm tomorrow according to the BBC app!!

I'm pretty sure by that time it be certainly be very bitter in the wind. :)  :cold:

Edited by pip22