Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West & Central Southern England - Weather Chat

Nick L

Posted

METO Warnings changed. Much of region out of warning zone for snow. Good luck Cornwall.

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/weather/warnings/#?tab=warnings&regionName=sw&fcTime=1422748800

Edited by MPG

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: summer thunderstorms snow snow snow

:shok:  :shok:  :shok: O.M.G,they've done it,they've only gone and blinking well done it,i've got a snow crystal sign on my local BEEB forecast :yahoo:  :yahoo:

I admit,it's only 1 crystal for 1 3 hour period on sunday night,but hey,can't tell you what this means.

Must be in for a right Blizzard.

Anyway,that's my winter complete,Snow symbol off them,fan-bleaming -tastic. :)

Posted

lol I thought Mon/Tuesday was meant to be golden super exciting too. I see no warnings any where near us then either. This is setting up to be the biggest laughing event ever! Paahhaa!! Better, stronger, longer than the last one ... so far it's had more precipitation ill give it that - longer yes - but a lot warmer and definately not stronger and colder!

Posted

lol I thought Mon/Tuesday was meant to be golden super exciting too. I see no warnings any where near us then either. This is setting up to be the biggest laughing event ever! Paahhaa!! Better, stronger, longer than the last one ... so far it's had more precipitation ill give it that - longer yes - but a lot warmer and definately not stronger and colder!

?? Day time temps have NEVER been forecast to be colder than about 4 degrees. Not sure what you were expecting.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Most(see in interests section.)

I agree. But they are only weathermen and guessing what the weather will do, they don`t always get it right especially in winter. They just rely on computers. would be great if they could predict the weather though, you , me , basically nobody can, and the best way to do it will be look out the window.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and sunny or cold and snowy. Nothing inbetween.

Well, I was woken up my a loud crack of thunder at 2am, and knew, without liking out of the window that it would only be rain last night. Thankfully (no offence to anyone) everyone else got rain too!

So now even next weeks fun and games have been taken away from us? This is not nice. At the beginning of this week I had visions of ice days, snow showers... And nothing of the sort is going to happen. Why do we do this to ourselves year on year? Roll on summer please. I want to be able to sit in the garden. I can not wait to get away on our holiday in July.

Rant over :(

Posted

That would be lovely, believe it when I see it though.

I know what you mean. Think me might see a little something on sun though.

I wouldn't go getting the sleigh out yet though.

Do any of you fellow cornish crew,own a sleigh?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

Well, I was woken up my a loud crack of thunder at 2am, and knew, without liking out of the window that it would only be rain last night. Thankfully (no offence to anyone) everyone else got rain too!

So now even next weeks fun and games have been taken away from us? This is not nice. At the beginning of this week I had visions of ice days, snow showers... And nothing of the sort is going to happen. Why do we do this to ourselves year on year? Roll on summer please. I want to be able to sit in the garden. I can not wait to get away on our holiday in July.

I know and to think only a few days ago several of us were poo poo'd when we downplayed west country chances etc.. :nonono:

I just pray that monday/tuesday comes back in line on the 12z

Posted

Lol this time next week we will all be looking for the next Cold spell at +240 hours ....We will never change in here ha ! 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: after the last year not rain rain & more rain!

now the met office has completly  jinxed any chance of snow on sun/mon. They have included torbay ( home) in warnings. Ever since i moved down from oxford 15 years ago every warning for snow has come to nothing.  Hope someone in the far southwest gets so action. Peter.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Day after tomorrow.

now the met office has completly  jinxed any chance of snow on sun/mon. They have included torbay ( home) in warnings. Ever since i moved down from oxford 15 years ago every warning for snow has come to nothing.  Hope someone in the far southwest gets so action. Peter.

Remember the Amber warning for nowhere else but south Devon in feb 2013 ? The one when it didn't even rain.sure the met did that just for a laugh .

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool and dry

I think if we get let down this time then I shall just stick to my seaweed and nowcast

Where's Bill Farkin when you need him...I wonder how his grebes are?

Posted

I agree. But they are only weathermen and guessing what the weather will do, they don`t always get it right especially in winter. They just rely on computers. would be great if they could predict the weather though, you , me , basically nobody can, and the best way to do it will be look out the window.

Being an older member my gut instinct tells me when I go outside there is no chilling cold by the feel of the wind on your face-in many winters of too long ago I care to remember you instinctively knew that snow was in the air by the iciness of the wind. You didnt need a computer to tell you.As I stated earlier these current excuses of Northerlies are not conducive of snow for many down here.Quite simply the weather is not cold. Nothing in the near future changes my opinion.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Day after tomorrow.

I know what you mean. Think me might see a little something on sun though.

I wouldn't go getting the sleigh out yet though.

Do any of you fellow cornish crew,own a sleigh?

Wouldn't even now where to buy one mate

Posted

This is becoming a truly remarkable day, have now got 9 hours of light snow forecast between midnight and 9am on monday.

You will go many years down here,to see such things.

Posted

**Upgrade alert!!**

It'll change I know, but I haven't seen any snow forecast yet this winter, so it's good to see... Feel like Cornish snow with never getting snow and feeling how good it is to see it at least forecasted!!

post-18937-0-95959300-1422622499_thumb.j

Edited by dec10snow

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The fabled channel low

:shok:  :shok:  :shok: O.M.G,they've done it,they've only gone and blinking well done it,i've got a snow crystal sign on my local BEEB forecast :yahoo:  :yahoo:

I admit,it's only 1 crystal for 1 3 hour period on sunday night,but hey,can't tell you what this means.

Must be in for a right Blizzard.

Anyway,that's my winter complete,Snow symbol off them,fan-bleaming -tastic. :)

Will be there tonight though has a habit of down grading before the event sadly.....reaches for prozac...