Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West & Central Southern England - Weather Chat

Nick L

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and lots of it or warm and sunny, no mediocre dross

Could be 2000 you're thinking of:

archives-2000-4-4-12-0.png archives-2000-4-7-12-0.png

Quite the change over a few days. April 2008 certainly did that the other way around with 19C on the 03rd to only 5C on the 06th.

It was definitely 2000, April 4th - Not that much of an anorak that I can remember every snow event for years on end, it just sticks in my mind as I was moving house that day.

Oh and it's blinking cold out there now!

Edited by jethro
  • Like 1

Posted

Fine morning with a fair bit of Ci and a touch of small Cu. Temp 4.3C, calm. Min 3.0C and Tg -1C

The GFS this morning is still going for the front fizzling out on Sunday and for the rest of the week has a succession of lows nipping across north of the UK,  I'm not inclined to take much notice of this at this stage based on one run, one model. Although I see the ECM is going for a wash out on Mon/Tuesday and more wet weather on Thursday.

Edited by knocker

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

Fine and frosty morning today, feels very spring like. 

Just hope the cloud stays away.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

A low of -0.6°C - Currently 10.7°C with sunny spells.

GFS is showing much of England and Wales to be cloud free until late on Sunday, with temps hitting 15°C here. The forecasts are a lot different! Cloudy all weekend, with drizzly outbreaks at times, top temp 11°C

Posted

Bmth the coldest place in the UK this morning?

Was down at -1.7C where I live, so twas nippy, scraping ice morning.

Up to 13.3C at lunch time now falling back @ 10.7C.

Edited by Dorsetbred

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Well a sunny morning has given way to much thickening cloud this afternoon and it's now drizzling lightly with a temperature of 9C.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Fair to Foul...

Plenty of cloud around with some sun at times. Now 8.3c. Max was  11.7c at 12:16.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Fair to Foul...

Broken cloud. Sunny at times. 10.4c.   Breeze 15 km/h Westerly.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

11.5c and slowly rising here in Newbury, abundant sunshine too. Should see a few signs of Spring from Mother Nature today, perhaps a Bumblebee or early Butterfly on the wing. It has been suggested that if the Air Temperature reaches and exceeds 12c then that can be enough to get Butterflies on the wing, not seen one this year thus far but other folk have.

Posted

11.5c and slowly rising here in Newbury, abundant sunshine too. Should see a few signs of Spring from Mother Nature today, perhaps a Bumblebee or early Butterfly on the wing. It has been suggested that if the Air Temperature reaches and exceeds 12c then that can be enough to get Butterflies on the wing, not seen one this year thus far but other folk have.

There were a few butterflies in my wife's Aunts garden last Sunday (near Yeovil) and this morning a few bumblebees had ventured out once the sun has began to warm things up where I was working in Trowbridge.

Perfect day now, the kind of day that makes me wonder how hot it would be in July/August when a Cold Front is stuck out to the WNW and a long draw SSW flow develops along with blue sky, Cirrus and sunshine after some early low cloud.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

There were a few butterflies in my wife's Aunts garden last Sunday (near Yeovil) and this morning a few bumblebees had ventured out once the sun has began to warm things up where I was working in Trowbridge.

Perfect day now, the kind of day that makes me wonder how hot it would be in July/August when a Cold Front is stuck out to the WNW and a long draw SSW flow develops along with blue sky, Cirrus and sunshine after some early low cloud.

Thanks Andy, interesting to know. Up to 11.7c now so should make 12 perhaps 13c here. Mad to think though that it was warmer than this by some way on the 9th January when we reached 14.8c and t'was 16c in some parts of this region. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe weather enthusiast

Lovely afternoon. Blue skies and sunshine. Still a little chill in the breeze but pleasant!

Temp - 13.7 celsius

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunny summers, cold snowy winters

Went out for a walk at lunchtime and very soon regretted the coat, dare I say it was proper springlike.

Posted

Beautiful day again here, lots of ladybirds emerging from their winter hideaway and sunbathing to get themselves going. Curiously, the apricot tree in the greenhouse still isn't flowering, usually it starts in mid february - it's not convinced winter has finished with us yet, can't say that I am either. March....in like a lamb and all that...

Posted

Yep, a lovely few days. Just hoping the cloud stays away over the weekend.

Anyway, here are some week old calves in the evening sunshine.

post-7340-0-24296100-1425666562_thumb.jp

• Like 3

Posted

Yep, a lovely few days. Just hoping the cloud stays away over the weekend.

Anyway, here are some week old calves in the evening sunshine.

attachicon.gifIMGP0012_sm.jpg

Seriously cute!

Posted

Seriously cute!

Thank you. What about the cows?

Still clear as a bell out there. I think we need a new no cloud chant for the summer.

Edited by jtay
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Beautiful day again here, lots of ladybirds emerging from their winter hideaway and sunbathing to get themselves going. Curiously, the apricot tree in the greenhouse still isn't flowering, usually it starts in mid february - it's not convinced winter has finished with us yet, can't say that I am either. March....in like a lamb and all that...

Any idea the last time March came in like a lion, went out like a lion, and behaved like a lamb in the middle? What a turn around from the first 4 days of this month with its howling gales, hail and thunder. I've also noticed the lack of daffodils out still. Crocus masses are out nicely though, as are still the snowdrops from February.