Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North West England - Weather Chat

Thunderbolt_

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunshine and thunderstorms. Mild in winter.

12C and showers here. Come on summer, get your backside in gear...

Posted

Yesterday was quite sunny but that damn wind kept temperatures well below normal, max 14.7c which is at least 3c below normal.

June so far is 2c below normal so looking at a very cool month so far, it must be the worst May/June combination since 1979.

Andy

I would have thought May/June 1987 was worse, it definitely was here. Even saw snow at the start of May.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

Horrible day here with almost constant showers since early morning and a maximum of 13c.

It just shows how poor it has been this summer when Diane Oxberry is calling tomorrow's expected 18 or 19c very good.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Atlantic storms, severe gales, blowing snow and frost :)

Will this Summer ever get going?!! It's been cool for ages and I've even had to use the heating on far too many occasions for this time of year!!! Suppose we still have July and August to come! :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days

A dry and mostly sunny day today after the odd shower early morning. Max temp was 16.9 c. The Familia theme of dry days and showery nights continues. As soon as the positive sea-land temperature differential equalises in the morning all convection ceases until sunset. Nothing will change until we have a wind direction switch to a land breeze.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and blisteringly hot

Wet and blustery all night, dry by 11am but still cloudy until mid-afternoon.  Min temp overnight 9C, the best I managed during the day was 18C, currently 14C with it looking an unseasonably cold night.  18C is poor for late June, and the now unwelcome Anomalous North-Westerly was fresh at F3-4 although the wind has dropped to F1 this evening.  It felt cold to me when I walked down to our shops, and I don't generally feel the cold.  Some very threatening Cu now looming from the NW.  The evening has the feeling of an October evening.

Does anyone know why any warmth is always a few days away but when that time arrives, the hoped-for plume has been shoved back down south, or east to the near-Continent?

Posted

How much would we all give for a month like July 2013 to follow this boring and tedious June? It would feel like a Godsend to me...

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: very cold frosty days, blizzards, warm weather not too hot, floods, storms

Today is perfect day for me not too hot just pleasantly sunny. :) 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: very cold frosty days, blizzards, warm weather not too hot, floods, storms

Any sign of Aurora Borealis anyone??

Posted

23 June 2015 Time-lapse. Not a bad day with variable cloud cover:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, hot, sunny springs and summers.

Feels bloody roasting out there! 23C with long sunny spells. Now this feels like summer!

• Like 1

Posted

22C here and mostly sunny. Now that that sodding Pm air mass and the NW'ly winds have buggered off, it's much warmer and sunnier. Finally... summer is here! :)

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

Decent for much of the day but cloud and some dampness has set in over the last couple of hours.

Still feels quite warm though although obviously of the humid uncomfortable type but still better than the forever autumn conditions we seem to have endured for months.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and blisteringly hot

Overnight min 10C, quite sunny until late morning when the Sc infill developed.  I recorded 21C at teatime but the official temp as reported by Liverpool ATIS was 18C.  Currently overcast but dry. Wind from west, F1.  Precipitation nil.

Posted

Next weeks on, off plume is back on again.

Whether it will actually happen or be a SE only event is still up for grabs but I'd be more than happy with mid 20's C for a few days here; the south can bake if it wants.

• Like 1

Posted

My bet it be just cloudy next week instead of hot weather.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snowy winters,warm summers and Storms

Next weeks on, off plume is back on again.

Whether it will actually happen or be a SE only event is still up for grabs but I'd be more than happy with mid 20's C for a few days here; the south can bake if it wants.

Mid twenties is more tham comfortable enough for me to.

If the SE wants temperature s in the thirties they are welcome

To it.

C.S

• Like 2

Posted

To it.

C.S

I can understand folk wanting to experience high temperatures in exactly the same way as anything else extreme and I certainly don't blame them for wishing it to happen but I can't imagine why anyone would actually enjoy the conditions.

Mid 30's sat by a pool in dry air is one thing; add our humidity and the fun soon disappears.

I'll wish for my 27c max with warm late evenings sat outside with a cold beer or glass of red.

• Like 1

Posted

To it.

C.S

I have a higher tolerance which makes heat more bearable, I love the thrill of extremes. Be that very cold to very hot it keeps me interested I'm not interested in average. It is not comfortable I take it but intriguing whatever your take. The models are indicating a dry heat with a feed from SE orientation so humidity should not be a problem and it'll not really exaggerate the heat. I know 25C + humidity is just as worse as 32C dry heat. We as a nation are sheltered it is a reason why we have little tolerance for any extremes.

Posted

I have a higher tolerance which makes heat more bearable, I love the thrill of extremes. Be that very cold to very hot it keeps me interested I'm not interested in average. It is not comfortable I take it but intriguing whatever your take. The models are indicating a dry heat with a feed from SE orientation so humidity should not be a problem and it'll not really exaggerate the heat. I know 25C + humidity is just as worse as 32C dry heat. We as a nation are sheltered it is a reason why we have little tolerance for any extremes.

Fully agree.

Living down there you'll be more used to the heat than us up north and certainly those like me who also live at altitude but I've been in London during heatwave conditions and it is far from pleasant, especially with the added effect of tall buildings trapping the heat.

I've travelled quite a bit on holiday over the years and I'd take 40c in the dry air of Turkey, the Med or Morocco over 30c and the high humidity of the Caribean or Mexico any day.

• Like 2