Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North West England - Weather Chat

Thunderbolt_

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: the stormier the better...

Just to prove I DO sometimes comment about nice weather haha.

Gorgeous gorgeous gorgeous here today. Perfect June day so far. Clear, nice v.light breeze, warming up nicely

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snowy winters,warm summers and Storms

Absolutely glorious summers day, temperature set to rise upto

22c, which is ideal for me,3 months of this would be perfect

only a small blip over the weekend with a few thundery downpours

about, the rain that looked like bringing a washout on Saturday, is

now according to the bbc looking like staying away from the

region, with worst Midlands south.begining of next week HP

settling in with day time temperature s increasing daily.

Lovely whats not to love about this country when the weather

plays ball.

C.S

Edited by cheshire snow

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

Beautiful day, reached 22c here so the warmest day of the year so far and hopefully unlike most of this years sunny warm days, the evening temperatures won't drop like a stone.

Another decent one tomorrow before the usual returns at weekend, just glad I'm off to a sunnier and much hotter place for a week.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and blisteringly hot

After overnight hospital stay in Liverpool, came back in glorious, sunny conditions and tonight seems to be mild at no lower than 9-10C.  Even warmer tomorrow and as I'm not allowed to do anything for a couple of weeks it'll the back garden for me catching some rays.  The possible icing on the cake is thundery weather overnight Friday which I love while being curled up in bed.

Looks like this coming weekend's threatened 9C coldfest has retreated with just moderately cool, showery activity on Sat. and Sun and the heat returning after a couple of days.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunshine and thunderstorms. Mild in winter.

It's been a lovely summers day here too. 22C and more or less wall-to-wall sunshine. I've spent most of today down at Manchester Airport recording the planes (including the Airbus A380) taking off. I couldnt have picked a better day. :)

• Like 1

Posted

.  The possible icing on the cake is thundery weather overnight Friday which I love while being curled up in bed.

Looks like this coming weekend's threatened 9C coldfest has retreated with just moderately cool, showery activity on Sat. and Sun and the heat returning after a couple of days.

thunder on friday night?    that would be nice , but I dont think the storms are coming to the NW 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

Another belter of a day looks to be on the cards for our region and thankfully I'm off work and can enjoy much of it.

A bit misty on the tops at the moment but this will probably burn back shortly and down here it's sunny and already at 12c.

Time for a bit of sun on my face before I go on holiday.

Posted

18C already, here. I have a forecast for 24C, so I would presume that today will make it to 25-26C, since the BBC tends to undercook temperatures by a degree or two, for my location. That will make it the warmest day of the year so far.

Will be nice to see this region get a thunderstorm later on tonight. This year has been so devoid of thunder up here.

Edited by Thunderbolt_

Posted

Started to go a bit hazy now as high cloud has moved in but still a decent morning.

Anyway that's probably it for me posting for a few days as the airport and a holiday beckons.

Hope you all get some decent weather during the next week, just a poor weekend to get through first.

Posted

Morning guys,

It's hazy and warm here today. Being in Warrington, we may have the top temp for the region here, expected up to 25C (probably more 23C). There is a breeze here that is refreshing, doesn't quite feel quite so humid yet.

Shame it looks like out heat won't go out with a bang, but with an 8-10c drop between today and tomorrow, people certainly will feel it!

Posted

23C here! Already the warmest day of the year so far, and it's only 11:25. Even if we don't get any thunder up here, at least it looks like we're gong to have a very decent summer's day!

Posted

Climbing through 25C now, making it the warmest day since 26 July last year, and we're only at solar noon. I can see a possible 26-27C being very feasible...

Posted

Just recorded 25c here, though the Sun seems to be in more than out now. Still higher than was expected really!

Posted

Warm day again, sun only pops out for fleeting moments now as the cloud is rolling-in.  Indeed a few showers showing on the radar just to the south nothing thundery in them.  Most of the action still in the English channel.

Sadly BBC have updated to show the front sitting on top of our region tomorrow, it could be cool, wet but we probably won't get any t-storms.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and blisteringly hot

Hazy sunshine early morning replaced by high cloud at lunchtime.  Afternoon saw a thickening of the cloud with occasional bright intervals.  At teatime my external sensor reported 24C before some light showery activity, currently 18.3C and damp.  The cloud has that orange/yellow aspect of thundery conditions but looks like we won't see any tonight.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.

It's gone much fresher here now, quite cool feeling too, so no chance of thunder here tonight.. but it was warm earlier, but cooled off quite quickly.