Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Storm & Convective Discussion - 01/06/15 onwards

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and Thundery, Cold and Snowy

Why am I getting the feeling of the possible trend that this may well begin to just about lick the south coast before fizzling out into nothing before that dreaded cold return? I hope I'm just having a mindf**k

Edited by East_England_Stormchaser91
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Dull And Uninteresting Weather

Not looking good Friday/Friday night, for  those who suffer from astraphobia, I'd find a wardrobe to hide in if I were you. :bomb: The Cape and Lifted Index chart shows favourable conditions for storms over a large part of the south and further west too. I'm going to go to my local park to watch the light show. It has nice tall trees that I can stand under, so I don't get wet. May need a stab proof vest though, as the locals are a bit rough.

I've heard Jurassic World isn't very good, although the reviewer didn't compare it to thunder storms. :D

well since i suffer from astraphobia A wardrobe will be safe , even if i didn't I wouldn't tempt fate by standing under a tree , thats just asking for a shocking encounter if you survive let me know on saturday

Why am I getting the feeling of the possible trend that this may well begin to just about lick the south coast before fizzling out into nothing before that dreaded cold return? I hope I'm just having a mindf**k

Personally hope your right as obi-wan said to luke trust your feelings

Edited by Gordon Webb

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything unusual

I'm already getting good vibes for some cheeky action on Friday.

But then this time last week I was saying the same thing.

Here's to no bust, no sea killing off the storms, no mid level cloud ruining everything like last week.

Play ball, ma'am, mother nature!

• Like 1

Posted

Not even making it ??  Icing on the cake eh?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

You're probably hoping so much for this to come through with the goods that you're scrambling your mind lol....or maybe experience from the last decade or so of thunder drought, downgrades, eastwards shifts, etc etc in this country has made you cynical?

Wouldn't blame you though this time the charts are pretty decent and it would have to be a helluva downgrade to vanish lol...

Posted

Not even making it ??  Icing on the cake eh?

You're probably hoping so much for this to come through with the goods that you're scrambling your mind lol....or maybe experience from the last decade or so of thunder drought, downgrades, eastwards shifts, etc etc in this country has made you cynical?

Wouldn't blame you though this time the charts are pretty decent and it would have to be a helluva downgrade to vanish lol...

Would be just about typical lol

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: thunder

Just a warning, there is a lot of cloud overspill from the Mid France storms, which could peg temperatures back for southern UK if any storms occur during Thursday.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

Not many people seem to mention Devon when it's actually in the firing line for some quite big thunderstorms through Thursday Night and Friday, I'm not saying I'll definitely get one but I'll be incredibly unlucky if I don't looking at the charts.

Oh William, come on you should know better than to be so optimistic about storms by now! :p We know all to painfully how even when the charts and conditions look perfect,we quite often get nowt :wallbash:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

well since i suffer from astraphobia A wardrobe will be safe , even if i didn't I wouldn't tempt fate by standing under a tree , thats just asking for a shocking encounter if you survive let me know on saturday

Personally hope your right as obi-wan said to luke trust your feelings

Honestly Gordon, you'd do yourself a massive favour by getting some help to overcome that fear. Anxiety is far too draining to just leave it.

• Like 8

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Oh William, come on you should know better than to be so optimistic about storms by now! :p We know all to painfully how even when the charts and conditions look perfect,we quite often get nowt :wallbash:

Aye, Lauren: when I Iived in Tunbridge Wells (1969-70), we had super thunderstorms and blizzards. Times change...

Posted

Looks like in general any storms will be during daylight hours which is a shame, so much better watching them slowly move in at night, remember that fondly from late 80/90's but doesn't seem to happen so much nowadays

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Snow, High Winds.

Too true! :p

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Humid Continental Climate (Dfa / Dfb)

Looks like in general any storms will be during daylight hours which is a shame, so much better watching them slowly move in at night, remember that fondly from late 80/90's but doesn't seem to happen so much nowadays

28th July last year I don't know why but I decided to check the RainToday radar. I saw a large swath of rain incoming so I checked the ATD lightning and it was heading my way, so I sat outside but couldn't see any lightning so I waited and slowly I could see distant flashes, it took ages to get here but the light show was awesome. I would like that again if im honest.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunshine and thunderstorms. Mild in winter.

The 12z brings an improvement on the 06z. I think another shift northwards on the pub run would definately put my area in the firing line...

Posted
  • Location: Saltdean,Nr Brighton,East Sussex,Hither Green,SE London.
  • Location: Saltdean,Nr Brighton,East Sussex,Hither Green,SE London.

Where is Nick F these days? His contributions to these discussions are valuable from past experiance here.

• Like 1

Posted

Tomorrow after work, I will fill the car up, carry out maintenance checks, get the camera charged. Then I'm ready to rumble!

Pretty confident I will catch a decent one even if it means driving all the way to Hampshire!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunshine and thunderstorms. Mild in winter.

Where is Nick F these days? His contributions to these discussions are valuable from past experiance here.

I think he's storm chasing in the US at the moment.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

I think he's storm chasing in the US at the moment.

Indeed he is :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm and sunny with night time t-storms

Well I've had a good storm fix already! As I said earlier my drive to Poitiers was a bit rough, heavy rain all the way and it didn't stop until 1500 today. Was woken up by a stroboscope effect at my window at just after 0400 - no thunder, just distant flashes amplified by the misty low clouds. 0540 the real action started with CG strikes, but it was very briefly overhead with very loud thunder, before all the electrical activity disappeared. I got onto the SNCF site to see if I could find a train to Poitiers rather than driving, but it was too late and I would have had to drive to Limoges through the torrents anyway. Plenty of flashes on the way up,but annoying that I couldn't watch properly while driving. The spray was horrendous on the roads, and there were many accidents this morning - including the father of one of my students who was skidded into by a maniac at a roundabout who aquaplaned, and had his car very badly mangled.

Spectacular CBs on the way back this evening, and I ran into some brief downpours - but - my neighbours say I missed the best storm of the day by about half an hour. Plenty more action to come over here, and I hope you do get some of our exports. Turned into the most beautiful evening after all the action, but the clouds have pegged back the temps.

Edited by Spikecollie
  • Like 3