Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Storm & Convective Discussion - 12th June 2015 onwards

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

Just for lols now

attachicon.gifDSC_0745.JPG

The blue sky in the background is something I've not seen all day. Only managed 17.8c as a maximum Temperature today which is where it is currently sitting. Given these leftover cloudy detritus conditions it is no great surprise it has been a bust in my patch.

Maybe there is still hope as we head into the overnight period but I won't be getting carried away, that's for sure.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms

Hi this is my first post on here but been following for a while. I'm in Basildon where it it really dark atm. Did hear a couple of rumbles earlier but it's gone quite now. Not sure if we're expecting any more? Nice to virtually meet you all

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

The blue sky in the background is something I've not seen all day. Only managed 17.8c as a maximum Temperature today which is where it is currently sitting. Given these leftover cloudy detritus conditions it is no great surprise it has been a bust in my patch.

Maybe there is still hope as we head into the overnight period but I won't be getting carried away, that's for sure.

yep still time Tony, you never know!

Hi this is my first post on here but been following for a while. I'm in Basildon where it it really dark atm. Did hear a couple of rumbles earlier but it's gone quite now. Not sure if we're expecting any more? Nice to virtually meet you all

welcome to NetWeather :)

• Like 1

6 minutes later..

Up she goes post-12648-0-78996900-1434134023_thumb.j

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Dull And Uninteresting Weather

welcome to the forum by the resident storm hater

Posted
  • Location: Saltdean,Nr Brighton,East Sussex,Hither Green,SE London.

Thunder heard here this second!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

I know what you mean, BB.

Ah but Pete, you must remember though that everyone's a professional these days and that must mean the UKMO could potentially recruit another 400 to 500 forum users from today's online activity alone. They are a fortunate government organisation aren't they, please form an orderly queue behind me if you wish to join their ranks.  :rofl:  :wallbash:

Much of what is said above is posted with a large degree of sarcasm.

Cheers

gottolovethisweather - the weather god

Edited by gottolovethisweather
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

a couple of cells have quickly developed just to the SE of Swindon....just goes to show, there's still plenty of energy around

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and Snowstorms

The BBC don't stop with the storms tonight, already showing signs!

Even the graphics showing it could go on till 3am!

Edited by Ben Sainsbury
  • Like 1

Posted

a couple of cells have quickly developed just to the SE of Swindon....just goes to show, there's still plenty of energy around

Prison cells, AJ? Just preparing for the usual Friday night entertainment I suspect.

Back on topic, ahem. I'm wondering if I dare go chasing again with my brother tonight, albeit locally. Questions, questions.

Edited by gottolovethisweather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms/Clear and Frosty/Snow Showers

Skies deadly black to my East starting to rain steadily.C'mon give me some some Thunder!!.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Dull And Uninteresting Weather

The BBC don't stop with the storms tonight, already showing signs!

Even the graphics showing it could go on till 3am!

Well The BBC is not very quick to alter it forecasts they'll probably change it at the 10:30 bbc1 news forecast

• Like 4

Prison cells, AJ? Just preparing for the usual Friday night entertainment I suspect. Back on topic, ahem. I'm wondering if I dare go chasing again with my brother tonight, albeit locally. Questions, questions.

I think we need some more of them in Swindon :p

Definitely looking darker to the SouthEast now, that cell looks like it's still growing too

Edited by Sainsbo
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Still/Hot or extremes. Fog/Damp etc boring...

10 mins of heavy rain and a few rumbles and its now moved on.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

Welcome to the forum. Where in Bas are you? I'm in SS16. With any luck we might get a few imports tonight.

Posted

Occasional distant thunder to my South,light rain just started.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Ah but Pete, you must remember though that everyone's a professional these days and that must mean the UKMO could potentially recruit another 400 to 500 forum users from today's online activity alone. They are a fortunate government organisation aren't they, please form an orderly queue behind me if you wish to join their ranks.  :rofl:  :wallbash:

Much of what is said above is posted with a large degree of sarcasm.

Cheers

gottolovethisweather - the weather god

And,as you say that, there are towers going-up here too. :oops: Buggers! :D

Posted

A quick posting of a radar update showing an area of potential interest for storms over the coming few hours, as shown encircled in the colour red.

post-7183-0-84580200-1434135019_thumb.jp

All the above is stated as a mere hunch, nothing especially scientific but still going on the current atmosphere profiling as well.

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms

Welcome to the forum. Where in Bas are you? I'm in SS16. With any luck we might get a few imports tonight.

Hi I'm also ss16 here's hoping 😊