Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North West England - Weather Chat - 03/07/15 onwards

Thunderbolt_

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunshine and thunderstorms. Mild in winter.

Quite a poor day today. 15C and cloudy with some patchy rain. It certainly doesn't feel like high summer that's for sure. At least the winds are fairly calm though...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

The last couple of hours have seen a bit of an improvement but on the whole a very poor day, even by the standards of this summer so far.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

Quite pleasant now but ........breezy :(....

Certainly an improvement here and a much better end to the day than it started.

Sunny now but the breeze has picked up as well.

Posted

I somehow missed all the showers again today and ended up having to water the plants this evening.

Posted

I somehow missed all the showers again today and ended up having to water the plants this evening.

just seeded a new lawn, its started to grow, but needs to be kept moist whilst the shoots are young tender, sick of watering, there has not been that much rain over the last few weeks at all, I would welcome a wet spell for the sake of my new lawn and save me some hassle of watering every night which is becoming a chore,  even though I am a warm summery type person  , i like rain too, especially the heavy convective type, if there is thunder that even better   

Posted

A very poor day temperature wise for what is on average the warmest period of the year. We maxed out at a woeful 15/16 degrees, some 4/5 degrees the norm for the time of year. The foreseeable outlook is for persistently below average temperatures. A marked contrast to this time last year when we were experiencing mid/late 20 maxima.

It doesn't feel like high summer.

Posted

just seeded a new lawn, its started to grow, but needs to be kept moist whilst the shoots are young tender, sick of watering, there has not been that much rain over the last few weeks at all, I would welcome a wet spell for the sake of my new lawn and save me some hassle of watering every night which is becoming a chore,  even though I am a warm summery type person  , i like rain too, especially the heavy convective type, if there is thunder that even better   

Will we get some tomorrow? The main band seems to be further south but I have seen those kind of lows travel further north than forecast on numerous occassions.

If not, then nothing more than a few showers can be expected and then a dry Saturday.

Nice and cool by night though which I love.

Posted

i am hoping for that rain to be further north, the garden need its tbh,  cool dry cloud days are useless,  lets have good prolonged downpour instead!  if there is no summery weather available its the next best thing lol 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

i am hoping for that rain to be further north, the garden need its tbh,  cool dry cloud days are useless,  lets have good prolonged downpour instead!  if there is no summery weather available its the next best thing lol

Really hope we get the downpour tomorrow here nr London. Dry like the Sahara here, am so bored of spending hours every week watering my allotments and flowers! Been doing that since May. Even on the two occasions we had really impressive night storms, it rained for 5 minutes!! Couldn't make it up lol.

Posted

Really hope we get the downpour tomorrow here nr London. Dry like the Sahara here, am so bored of spending hours every week watering my allotments and flowers! Been doing that since May. Even on the two occasions we had really impressive night storms, it rained for 5 minutes!! Couldn't make it up lol.

I am on a water meter, so i ration it using a watering can, , cant leave the hose on as i have visions of the meter spinning up £££££££ ,

and its a chore on the new grass

come on weather , stop faffing and giving just a few spots here and there now and again,  give us a proper good old fashioned soaking 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

I am on a water meter, so i ration it using a watering can, , cant leave the hose on as i have visions of the meter spinning up £££££££ ,

and its a chore on the new grass

come on weather , stop faffing and giving just a few spots here and there now and again,  give us a proper good old fashioned soaking

Yes leaving the water running with a meter could work out pricey!

Would be great to have a soaker of a day tomorrow. Cloudy, drizzly crap doesn't do it for me at all yet this country excels at producing it lol

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunshine and thunderstorms. Mild in winter.

There's justt  few spots of rain here today, but luckily it seems that our area will miss out on the worst of the rain today. There's nothing worse than wet and windy in high summer, especially since we've got all autumn and winter for it.

Edited by Thunderbolt_

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Horizontal Drizzle - Nice Blizzards

There's justt  few spots of rain here today, but luckily it seems that our area will miss out on the worst of the rain today. There's nothing worse than wet and windy in high summer, especially since we've got all autumn and winter for it.

Agreed  - High Pressure MURK.

Still looking grim for camping next week in Keswick.

Ian

Posted

Raining lightly here now. It needs to get a bit heavier and save me from having to water my pots. 

• Like 1

Posted

It's dry and cloudy and not telephone boxin windy :0.....

You are probably a bit too north to be reached.

Posted

Nice to see the rain from a summer southerly tracking low just fail to reach us as would the snow if it was in winter.

A bit of dampness here but nothing much and it looks like it's clearing through now.

Time to take the dog for a walk.

Posted

Nice to see the rain from a summer southerly tracking low just fail to reach us as would the snow if it was in winter.

A bit of dampness here but nothing much and it looks like it's clearing through now.

Time to take the dog for a walk.

I am pleased to see the persistence of southerly tracking lows, probably encouraged by the low sun spot activity. 

The solar maximum is well behind us now.