Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Model Banter, Moans and Ramps Autumn/Winter 2015/16

Posted

Meaning no major blocking. That for me is a real nice update from Fergie whom, to re-iterate, has NOT written winter off.

BFTP

Only a mad man would. :D

With the NAO trending to take a big dip compared to of recent - perhaps it will not be a state of low heights dominating to the north.

Hmmm....Definitely leeway for colder conditions IMO albeit shortlived as one can see currently.

post-19153-0-33305100-1447261265_thumb.g

Edited by Daniel*
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNAW

Indeed - just wondering what "bigsnow" had in mind - his 'short' might not be the same as mine.

i was thinking 48-72... but maybe 24-48 is more realistic...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and heatwave

This guy has popped up before , to my untrained eye that's a Ramp ?

post-7914-0-16367400-1447270565_thumb.pn

post-7914-0-09943800-1447270574_thumb.jp

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNAW

Bigsnow, latter part wasn't in response to you mate, sorry

BFTP

ok mate... thank you for the reply.

Bigsnow.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: summer thunderstorms snow snow snow

Great news, Steve Murr is out of hibernation,must be an ice age coming :yahoo:  :yahoo:  :cold:  :cold:  :cold:

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Atlantic storms, severe gales, blowing snow and frost :)

Great news, Steve Murr is out of hibernation,must be an ice age coming :yahoo:  :yahoo:  :cold:  :cold:  :cold:

Haven't you been around for a while? Not the first time he's posted this season  :)

Edited by *Sub*Zero*

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: summer thunderstorms snow snow snow

Haven't you been around for a while? Not the first time he's posted this season  :)

Sorry,must have missed that. Just got a bit over exited,nothing like seeing Steve on here to lift one's spirits.

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.

Maybe we could once again try and use this thread for 'Model' banter/moans/ramps, And not 'members' ramps..

Cheers, PM.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

don't know what folk are worrying about..........it's Captain CFS to the rescue with two utterly cherry picked channel lows for your snowgasmic delight.....bring on the blizzards!  :cold:

post-4149-0-11727400-1447350669_thumb.pn

post-4149-0-03785200-1447350682_thumb.pn

Edited by ajpoolshark
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snowy winters,warm summers and Storms

Quite interesting looking through the models at the moment,

The cooler and more interesting charts seem to be departing

FI and starting to appear in the Semi reliable time frame.

ok no 2010 on the cards,but looking at the models the higher

ground of the UK will more than likely see snow.

C.S

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

first crazy FI of the season, 320+ on GFS 18Z, no PV/ purple colours around greenie, no way will happen

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Atlantic storms, severe gales, blowing snow and frost :)

OK, so some eye candy charts out in FI, but that's where they seem to have remained for days now and they keep getting pushed back and remain in FI at day 10+... Maybe I'm missing something but I would like to see such charts coming out of the depths of FI.... Until then my hopes remain very much on the low side. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Southerly tracking LPs, heavy snow. Also 25c and calm

The change is afoot, its happening I have no doubt.  Good to see GFS nailing it....... :)

gfs-0-384.png?18

BFTP :crazy:

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

The change is afoot, its happening I have no doubt.  Good to see GFS nailing it....... :)

gfs-0-384.png?18

Nailed on the. Now ;)

Very interesting though!

Posted

I do think that next week is looking good though, and severe weather warnings as I put out several days ago will come thick and fast imo 

BFTP

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

I do think that next week is looking good though, and severe weather warnings as I put out several days ago will come thick and fast imo

BFTP

Wilder and Wintry at times? Increasingly more wintery especially Scotland and then with elevation in Northern parts as week goes on! Edited by Mark N

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

gfs-0-384.png?18

Nailing it? It's far from happened yet.
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool clear sunny weather all year.

gfs-0-384.png?18

Said with a very big sarky smile, please note for those who dont understand, lol...

That was the whole point of quoting that chart by him.

• Like 5

Posted

Said with a very big sarky smile, please note for those who dont understand, lol...

That was the whole point of quoting that chart by him.

Aye, thank you S 60 :D

BFTP

Posted

Wilder and Wintry at times? Increasingly more wintery especially Scotland and then with elevation in Northern parts as week goes on!

Indeed Mark.  Also as I've said weather warnings aplenty and I have a particular period of note I have mentioned for 20-24 which impact all UK and not mainly north like Abigail.

BFTP

Posted

I don't know where I should post this but I felt here was more appropriate, if not please remove mods.

A great post in the MOD thread last night by Lorenzo and explains well the dynamics involved going forward this winter. What catches my eye is how the strat doesn't seem to be playing ball with what one would expect given the state of play, are we seeing other background signals coming into play and over riding the very strong Nino pattern.

I really think all bets are off for any given pattern for the start of this winter regardless of the EC and GLOSEA5 seasonal predictions, for me something is upsetting the apple cart and that something is something that's not been accounted for by the seasonal models. Of course I could be completely wrong ( wouldn't be the first time ) and we end up with a +NAO for the first half of winter as per the proceeding models predictions, whatever the outcome it's fascinating watching how this will evolve and for mere mortals like myself you can't beat watching and learning as it all unfolds.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy or warm and dry

OK, so some eye candy charts out in FI, but that's where they seem to have remained for days now and they keep getting pushed back and remain in FI at day 10+... Maybe I'm missing something but I would like to see such charts coming out of the depths of FI.... Until then my hopes remain very much on the low side. 

I'm not saying the eye candy charts will materialise, that's always a long shot for the UK.

For purely selfish reasons though i.e. we have a ski holiday booked for end Dec, I've been keeping a close eye on the precipitation forecasts across the Alps, mainly western Austria. For quite a few days now it's been showing virtually no precipitation before the 19th Nov, thereafter becoming a fairly regular occurrence. As I said, the 19th turning point has been a consistent theme for a few days, so that at least seems to be slowly moving into the reliable timeframe. If that is correct and we see the demise of the Euro high, then maybe some of the more interesting charts of late might just materialise.