Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Model Output Discussion - Christmas and New Year

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNOW AND FREEZING TEMPS
3 minutes ago, Battleground Snow said:

@Tim Bland sorry 

Still chopping and changing run to run even at this range.

snowdepth_20201225_12_081.jpg

That will be just fine for me and Tim 8cm will do

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: the weather extremes in general but my favourites are snow & thunderstorms
4 minutes ago, Battleground Snow said:

@Tim Bland sorry 

It will chop and change right up until couple of hours before 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Southerly tracking LPs, heavy snow. Also 25c and calm
20 minutes ago, General Cluster said:

There has? I think we all realise that we're headed into a spell of wintry weather? 

Merry Christmas, anyway, Fred!:santa-emoji:

Waiting for t384 bbq post .  I realised we were back in September Pete

image.thumb.gif.750085da7d4e5e7a8a0a9e0ffee85e0f.gif

Beautiful

BFTP

Edited by BLAST FROM THE PAST
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, sheikhy said:

Cracker jack ecm at 144 hours!!!!!!parameters are pretty much perfect for snow sunday night monday for the midlands!!!!got -5 850s to boot!!!

Spot on. -5 uppers in those heights are equivalent to -7 uppers in an easterly in terms of inland surface temps

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Posted
1 minute ago, Battleground Snow said:

Haha, I'll take the 2cm in Coventry too. None for @sheikhy

Well its pushed north again so could go even further north hopefully and give you more and finally give me something lol

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy November to March and Sunny and warm April to October

ECM says kiss goodbye to W -NAO

ECM1-192.gif

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy November to March and Sunny and warm April to October
25 minutes ago, DCee said:

Unfortunately this front will be mostly of rain, with any snow on the back edge but unlikely to settle away from 200m. All in my opinion as a humble human being with experience. 

Happy to be proved wrong! 

This will be massively wrong if that's the case

Screenshot_20201225-183321_Samsung Internet.jpg

• Like 1

Posted
11 minutes ago, Battleground Snow said:

@Tim Bland sorry 

Haha went to post and thought I’d just check I hadn’t been beaten to it! I doubt it will trend north, it may even go a bit further south and east as this has been the trend so far.. As MWB says the precip area has expanded and this could happen. Further IMO 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold ,snow
7 minutes ago, Kentspur said:

ECM says kiss goodbye to W -NAO

ECM1-192.gif

Its still moving nnw tbh but so fluid it could be over Iceland tomorrow 

Still looking west based atm and pulling towards the esb

Edited by swfc
  • Like 1

Posted
18 minutes ago, Battleground Snow said:

@Tim Bland sorry 

I’ve still not got over the last chart from the same source that predicted 25cm of snow in Surrey early December . To be honest it’s a load of rubbish 

• Like 4

Posted

The amplification is toned down with the vortex cutting back across Greenland. Hopefully the models will pick up on the +EAMT that will Hopefully increase amplification 

• Like 1

Posted

hope everyone has had a fantastic Christmas day and the weather gods can give parts of the uk a winter everyone craves, i have just set up my new weather station so hopefully it will be christened with some low temps and snow to record, i doubt it but here is hoping, take care tomorrow night as storm Bella comes through then the hope for cold and snow can go from there.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)
28 minutes ago, Man With Beard said:

ECM 12Z, Now this was much more like what I was expecting for Monday morningScreenshot_20201225-182015.thumb.png.4e9b176e93c3fbc2e5c500e1a7f10d26.png

A much more substantial area of precipitation for southern England - this is 11am, it had passed through the cotswolds & west midlands in previous hours. It will work it's way through the SE in the hours after, maybe even pivoting to give a heavy fall somewhere.

Still too far out to pinpoint exact locations where this will happen, but in general areas between west midlands and south coast is at risk of heavy snow and/or a wintry mix if parameters are ever so slightly on the warm side (e.g. ARPEGE 12Z).

Further north, frequent wintry showers with not a small risk if further organised bands of sleet/snow

28 minutes ago, Man With Beard said:

ECM 12Z, Now this was much more like what I was expecting for Monday morningScreenshot_20201225-182015.thumb.png.4e9b176e93c3fbc2e5c500e1a7f10d26.png

A much more substantial area of precipitation for southern England - this is 11am, it had passed through the cotswolds & west midlands in previous hours. It will work it's way through the SE in the hours after, maybe even pivoting to give a heavy fall somewhere.

Still too far out to pinpoint exact locations where this will happen, but in general areas between west midlands and south coast is at risk of heavy snow and/or a wintry mix if parameters are ever so slightly on the warm side (e.g. ARPEGE 12Z).

Further north, frequent wintry showers with not a small risk if further organised bands of sleet/snow

15z UKV taking a similar route to 12z EC. Too early to call whether this is the likely track. 

viewimage-37.thumb.png.1fdcc024874e9511b4b9cf58c90eb807.pngviewimage-36.thumb.png.5b7656ea2ccd6ca3935fdf2a99948d95.pngviewimage-35.thumb.png.5a525969f00d88125489277327896173.pngviewimage-38.thumb.png.6cccfd57c913b7503124af53153cd1aa.png

Mapantz beat me to it!

Edited by Nick F
  • Like 1

Posted
2 minutes ago, Steve Murr said:

ECM 216 is a bit meh like its been for days / but who cares at this stage as those meh charts are gone on the next run....

Vortex on the move across to Siberia temporary flattening followed by Arctic flood gates.

• Like 2

Posted
1 minute ago, Nick F said:

15z UKV taking a similar route to 12z EC. Too early to call whether this is the likely track. 

viewimage-37.thumb.png.1fdcc024874e9511b4b9cf58c90eb807.pngviewimage-36.thumb.png.5b7656ea2ccd6ca3935fdf2a99948d95.pngviewimage-35.thumb.png.5a525969f00d88125489277327896173.pngviewimage-38.thumb.png.6cccfd57c913b7503124af53153cd1aa.png

!!!please push north in the next 48 hours!!!!!even if i dont get mondays snow surely a chance will come in the next 2 weeks