Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland/Alba weather discussion - Jan 2021 onwards

LomondSnowstorm

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storm, drizzle
9 hours ago, asjmcguire said:

haha! Sadly, my husband passed away in July, and he was the driver. I'm pretty much housebound now.

I am so sorry to hear that.

• Like 8

Posted

GFS 06Z have Edinburgh back in the firing line. Excitement on hold though as it will be marginality hokey cokey right up to Wednesday 

WXCHARTS.COM

A new weather forecast model data viewer for Europe and North America. Clickable forecast and ensemble plots, hourly GFS, ECMWF, ARPEGE and GEFS plots

• Like 8

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,Thunderstorms mix both for heaven THUNDERSNOW 😜😀🤤🥰

Brief streamer tonight purely just to look at on radar as not expecting anything thundery from it, I won’t get the Clyde- forth streamer debate going looks like an Atlantic - North Sea ha also wintry showers in the north west. 0F92E72E-E154-4A19-A3AB-5BAA21BD4C15.thumb.png.c0c0b0a485498f39c54bf1277e96359d.png

• Like 8

Posted

Just had a look back at the August weather summary from the MO and left me a bit to be honest, arguably Fife and Edinburgh got the worst of the storms yet not even mentioned A0AFC1A1-0683-4BB4-B6B4-1492D4899E4B.thumb.jpeg.f670ae8eab263ced6a01f18d456d336f.jpeg https://www.metoffice.gov.uk/binaries/content/assets/metofficegovuk/pdf/weather/learn-about/uk-past-events/summaries/uk_monthly_climate_summary_202008v3.pdf

Edited by Kirkcaldy Weather
  • Like 7

Posted

Even within Edinburgh the conditions can vary considerably.  The last event was mainly freezing rain/slushy ice for me, but a mile up Comiston Road and there was 3 inches of snow.

I rather suspect a similar outcome Weds/Thurs, even though the BBC has it more like snow on their forecast.

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNAW
8 minutes ago, Mr Frost said:

Proper Winter storm - would love some of that snowy action! 
That is a potential cracker for everyone (snow lovers) in those areas! Very jealous.

1D615B8F-7CCA-416A-96C0-312BE0EAB063.thumb.png.99832299edef96a78bebc449cb94ef91.png

6CD1FD0C-BE2E-44C5-9CF8-063F5E312EE3.thumb.jpeg.0a049134744581ef704c1a5000ea61db.jpeg

A589A924-3A2D-48BA-A7DD-6E68153CCDFF.thumb.jpeg.b6c2f88a5337b0c9d5b1fa6aaea187d2.jpeg

@Mair Snaw this could be you soon...

It will probably just rain..

• Like 5

Posted
4 minutes ago, Penicuikblizzard said:

As expected Edinburgh not getting in on the snow action ❄️

I'd not be throwing the towel in quite yet. Charts changing on every run and it's days away yet. 

• Like 8

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe gales, thunderstorms, snow

I thought there would be more widespread warnings out for Scotland. Some charts are showing snow for many areas. I think it will come down to nowcasting, the last couple of weeks we had 2 unexpected snow events here 

• Like 9

Posted
7 minutes ago, 101_North said:

I'd not be throwing the towel in quite yet. Charts changing on every run and it's days away yet. 

What could possibly go wrong when the local gutter press are running headlines like this 

WWW.EDINBURGHLIVE.CO.UK

Below-average temperatures are expected within the next few weeks according to the Met Office

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy or warm and dry
3 minutes ago, Stormeh said:

I thought there would be more widespread warnings out for Scotland. Some charts are showing snow for many areas. I think it will come down to nowcasting, the last couple of weeks we had 2 unexpected snow events here 

A bit early yet, the fact that there's a Yellow out already for the NE is surprise enough. I'd expect the warnings to change, possibly even an Amber if XC weather amounts are even remotely close for some

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and bright.

Rain here, and more rain. That's about it really.

Temperature 5.7deg.C up from 4.6deg.C at 04:38, humidity 94%, wind 2 to 6mph generally south-southeasterly with a 14mph gust at 01:47, pressure is 1013.4hPa falling slowly, 8.2mm of rain today and 17.4mm in the last 24 hours, cloud cover is 8/8.

• Like 4

Posted
1 minute ago, BurntFishTrousers said:

image.thumb.png.87373310c888b25db05586c9164fcccb.pngA chart to change the mood of the naysayers. 

There’s the Kirkcaldy rain & snow boundary as others are saying there will be plenty changes before we get to Wednesday/ Thursday so nae point worrying currently

• Like 8

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe gales, thunderstorms, snow
7 minutes ago, Ravelin said:

A bit early yet, the fact that there's a Yellow out already for the NE is surprise enough. I'd expect the warnings to change, possibly even an Amber if XC weather amounts are even remotely close for some

I guess so

I am very excited to see how this pans out, hopefully a good dumping of snow for some of us. I love it when there is a snow event here in Scotland. It’s great to see the reports of snow and the amazing pictures been posted in this thread as it happens 

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: North Atlantic cyclogenesis

Here's the wee shitey #StormChristoph captured earlier this morning. Will quickly form into something more obvious soon enough. 

scr.png

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Lightning, Snow

The GEFS for here is certainly trending low for the air pressure, but the T850 is trending up towards 0 and doesn't come back down to -5 until Friday now. 

image.thumb.png.f52b319d8a9267329169e0516fc13f25.pngimage.thumb.png.9aaa836b0643fdaf3222cd7f91e7a58c.png

• Like 2

Posted

Another lovely sunny day here.

Light to fresh winds, currently 4.9c and only a few clouds.

Oh it's going to be so close here to a classic going by Yr (Norwegian met office has been more reliable than our own for this location the last few weeks!).

Word of the week - marginality.

image.thumb.png.7b5d3216a99f4e9989717208026842c1.png

• Like 4

Posted
37 minutes ago, BurntFishTrousers said:

image.thumb.png.87373310c888b25db05586c9164fcccb.pngA chart to change the mood of the naysayers. 

Not changed this naysayers mood much 

As a consolation, should it go mammaries verticus here, there should be plenty of decent photos being posted! 

Edited by 101_North
  • Like 7