Thunder?
Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

Have you turned your heating on yet?

stewfox

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Storms, and plenty of warm sunny days!
2 hours ago, markyo said:

Agree totally, not even close for any heating on at all, bedroom windows open all night with fans still on....ok i agree i am a little different to most folk!😀

Kryptonite for Markyo 😂😂👍

Could contain:

• Thanks 1

Posted

No heating yet.

Norm i wait til 2nd half of Oct. We're at the point tom, but i reck we'll make it til 1st week Nov.

Posted
50 minutes ago, chilly milly said:

Had the heating on here earlier. Temp at a comfortable 22.5c indoors. Lovely jubbly.

Ours came on this afternoon. 21c. Usually I have it at 22 but not this year.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

Still haven't needed it yet and the way the models are looking we will be waiting until November before putting the heating on!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

Haven't felt like we've needed it but we did a 15 minute test run to check everything was working and it cost 1p a minute! So it's not going on unless absolutely necessary. There will be 4 stages before it is considered:

1. Put jumper on 

2. Add on a blanket.

3. Add a hot water bottle.

4. Add a hot drink.

If still unbearably cold then it will be considered.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted

Still not put it on despite a couple of frosty mornings. I'm out of the house an hour or so after getting up, so I have breakfast in bed (bedroom is East facing, so sunny mornings aren't too bad). By the time I'm back, the house is usually warm enough. We've been lucky with day time temps and that's been enough to keep the house relatively comfortable 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunny summers, cold snowy winters

No not yet, the days have been sufficiently sunny and warm to keep the house temps up, to offset the odd rare cool evenings/mornings outside. The north facing lounge holding steady at around 19C

• Like 1

Posted

Looking at the outlook, the central heating could remain off until the end October. The last time the central heating was on, was back in April.

Edited by Sceptical

Posted

Had a quick fire up at the end of September and not been on otherwise.

Property is certainly cooling as the month goes along but sun still strong enough in the morning to lift things up. Once we go into a prolonged cloudy spell it might be more of a struggle.

Determined to last until November now though.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter spring autumn

Our thermostat is reading 20.5c in our North facing living room at the mo...being on the sunny south coast helps I guess. Although we should fire up the central heating to check it works, I reckon November should bring some chilly nights.

Posted
On 15/10/2022 at 22:24, *Stormforce~beka* said:

Ours came on this afternoon. 21c. Usually I have it at 22 but not this year.

We've done the same, normally set to 20.5c in the living room, but this year set to 19c. We aren't prepared to sit in a freezing house so 18.5c is when the heating clicks on, and 19.5c it clicks off again. 19c is the compromise between money saving and comfort.

It's worth noting that it takes a lot more energy to heat from say 20 to 21 than it does to heat from 18 to 19. Many people could afford the heating simply by adjusting the thermostat downward, rather than switching off until uncomfortable just you have done Beka. 

• Like 1

Posted
3 hours ago, richie3846 said:

We've done the same, normally set to 20.5c in the living room, but this year set to 19c. We aren't prepared to sit in a freezing house so 18.5c is when the heating clicks on, and 19.5c it clicks off again. 19c is the compromise between money saving and comfort.

It's worth noting that it takes a lot more energy to heat from say 20 to 21 than it does to heat from 18 to 19. Many people could afford the heating simply by adjusting the thermostat downward, rather than switching off until uncomfortable just you have done Beka. 

Yea I need that compromise. Like i've said before I'm a tiny 7 stone thing with no fat on me so I really feel the cold. So I'm trying on this as long as I can! Got another Merino wool jumped today to help keep me warm! Can always wear a fleece on top too or get a fleect hoodie thingy

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Any extreme weather conditions
23 minutes ago, *Stormforce~beka* said:

Yea I need that compromise. Like i've said before I'm a tiny 7 stone thing with no fat on me so I really feel the cold. So I'm trying on this as long as I can! Got another Merino wool jumped today to help keep me warm! Can always wear a fleece on top too or get a fleect hoodie thingy

I've got a blank, for when it gets too cold

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heat, sun and thunderstorms in summer. Cold sunny days and snow in winter

Had our heating on the other evening for around 15 minutes, just to take the chill off.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and 15-25c

still no heating on..might squeeze another 2 days out yet before we hit sub zero night time temperatures on Friday.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extremes of all kinds...
On 18/10/2022 at 23:04, *Stormforce~beka* said:

I draw the line when I need to put on gloves and a scarf - indoors!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and 15-25c
On 19/10/2022 at 11:30, cheeky_monkey said:

still no heating on..might squeeze another 2 days out yet before we hit sub zero night time temperatures on Friday.

tonight will be the night that heating goes on for the first time this season..currently 16c in my house when i left for work this morning..high of +7c today and low of -3c tonight..made it all the way to Oct 21st..just shows how warm Autumn here has been so far.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and dry, thunderstorms, mild temps (13-22°C).

Believe it's been on twice last week and not since. Been quite mild.

Posted

Anybody like me and just need the bedroom window open every night, even in the depth of winter ? Not because I am warm but because its so nice to feel the cold on my face as I am tucked under the quilt.

Also lovely to hear the rain when nodding off or waking me up in the early hours.

The only time I close it is when I get up on a morning or it stats closed if it is blowing a gale.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, wild! wild! wild! Frost, a wee bit o' sun....
18 hours ago, Gizzy said:

Anybody like me and just need the bedroom window open every night, even in the depth of winter ? Not because I am warm but because its so nice to feel the cold on my face as I am tucked under the quilt.

Also lovely to hear the rain when nodding off or waking me up in the early hours.

The only time I close it is when I get up on a morning or it stats closed if it is blowing a gale.

This is me too! Can't sleep in a room with the window closed!  Fresh Air Fiend, that's me! 

• Like 1