Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Midlands Regional Weather Discussion

Posted
On 10/12/2021 at 08:25, Staffmoorlands said:

It’s white on the ground here this morning. Sadly not snow but hail! 

At least you can pretend! ❄️ ☃️

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow (Mostly)

Cold but the sun is out which is better then rain, rain and rain tbh.  Not dared look at mod forum much....anything happening?

Edited by B-C

Posted
On 10/12/2021 at 10:32, B-C said:

Cold but the sun is out which is better then rain, rain and rain tbh.  Not dared look at mod forum much....anything happening?

Just high pressure set to build in next week and up to and a little beyond Christmas. Slightly differing placement and moving of the area of high pressure run by run which will determine exactly what conditions we get. Does though look mostly settled with average temperatures. Small chance of the high migrating northwards and allowing a colder feed around Christmas time or beyond.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme

Sleet showers here with the temperature between 2.8c in the showers and 3.6c in the sunshine between them.

• Like 1

Posted

Anyone  know when this mild weather’s pitching up? Currently 5.4C here which is colder than Storm Arwen ( or was it Barra?) last weekend.

Feel that some of the forecasters are underestimating the cold pool already in place. December 78 was like this until the 21st - dry, cold and grey.

Could feel the cold coming through the stone floors last night.  Don’t normally get that until the end of January.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: All the Interesting stuff

Milder Air is moving in throughout the day today, will be noticable more so later today and overnight tonight.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
16 minutes ago, Wingman Blue said:

Anyone  know when this mild weather’s pitching up? Currently 5.4C here which is colder than Storm Arwen ( or was it Barra?) last weekend.

Feel that some of the forecasters are underestimating the cold pool already in place. December 78 was like this until the 21st - dry, cold and grey.

Could feel the cold coming through the stone floors last night.  Don’t normally get that until the end of January.

mild sector tonight, Monday's rain being dismissed by many on the forum, looks to be a write off for north/west of Midlands, surprised no 'named' storm

Posted
6 minutes ago, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

mild sector tonight, Monday's rain being dismissed by many on the forum, looks to be a write off for north/west of Midlands, surprised no 'named' storm

Thanks for the update. Two forecasts mentioned yesterday. Can’t get my head around this naming of storms business, though tbh, I always thought naming hurricanes seemed sensationalist as well.

Posted
5 minutes ago, Wingman Blue said:

Thanks for the update. Two forecasts mentioned yesterday. Can’t get my head around this naming of storms business, though tbh, I always thought naming hurricanes seemed sensationalist as well.

Winds from Sun/Mon storm mainly for Scotland, but the rain here, but strange how some named and not others

Posted

wow, was 13c today.  Not cold. Managed to get some stuff done outside.  No sign of real cold in the near term still!  

Posted

Recent model trends and the latest ECM 46 and 30 day model runs for the period just after Christmas scream ‘battleground’, and we know what that can mean for the Midlands….

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heatwaves, thunderstorms, cold/snowy spells.
1 hour ago, MattStoke said:

Recent model trends and the latest ECM 46 and 30 day model runs for the period just after Christmas scream ‘battleground’, and we know what that can mean for the Midlands….

This?? ❄️☃️⛄

yy.jpg

nn.jpg

• Like 1

Posted

Are we all stirring in our homes looking at these outputs midlanders?  It's certainly more 'interesting' as we move towards christmas although the intensity of the atlantic will really dictate our next phase after this anticyclonic spell! Looking pretty interesting as it stands but im not going to overanalyse things, perhaps even take a step back until sunday or so when we'll have more of an idea how things look. But a southerly tracking jet and established high over Iceland would be mouthwatering.

Posted

ECM 12z brings such a battleground scenario on Christmas Day, with snow for some of the Midlands. A long way off and it’ll change between now and then but it’s an interesting one to keep an eye on.

Posted
19 minutes ago, MattStoke said:

ECM 12z brings such a battleground scenario on Christmas Day, with snow for some of the Midlands. A long way off and it’ll change between now and then but it’s an interesting one to keep an eye on.

Aye a battle developing! GFS though dropped it, will even settle for a 17th Dec '97 setup, timed for big day!

Posted
16 minutes ago, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

Aye a battle developing! GFS though dropped it, will even settle for a 17th Dec '97 setup, timed for big day!

Don't tease me with such an amazing prospect. About time we relived 2010 (think we had lying snow on christmas day, the only year i can remember it in my 29 on this planet?)

Posted
4 hours ago, shunthebartlett92 said:

Don't tease me with such an amazing prospect. About time we relived 2010 (think we had lying snow on christmas day, the only year i can remember it in my 29 on this planet?)

2010 was awful for Snow around Stoke. Yeah I recorded a minus 15 on the way Manchester Airport, but absolutely no Snow.

Posted

Possible faux pas - Still way out and GFS but..

image.png.747b9fbb7de4293d46f7cb1304ec680b.png

??

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow -20 would be nice :)
1 hour ago, B-C said:

Possible faux pas - Still way out and GFS but..

image.png.747b9fbb7de4293d46f7cb1304ec680b.png

??

The rumblings are starting to rumble, but until this weekend, if the forecast is showing candy yes I’ll be with it for now though I can’t get too excited, but yes the coldies in us foe sure .....please yes please BRING IT ON

• Like 1

Posted

ECM also looks good for the Midlands for a white Christmas. Could maybe do with things being a little further south but an adjustment of a hundred miles or so is nothing at this range.