Midlands Regional Weather Discussion

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Thunderstorms
7 hours ago, marksp said:

1 vids. A515, Cleared the lorries

Woah, huge flakes! 

Posted

Hi

I live in Leicestershire and we have a severe weather warning for wind tomorrow,  yet the hour by hour forecast shows nothing of the sort. Any thoughts? 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry and sunny with a gentle breeze ?
9 hours ago, Tommytomtom said:

Hi

I live in Leicestershire and we have a severe weather warning for wind tomorrow,  yet the hour by hour forecast shows nothing of the sort. Any thoughts? 

I think anything is a possibility today and tomorrow. The bbc describe a moderate breeze for me today. However up to 45mph on met office I think it will be more like 50+.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow (Mostly)
On 06/12/2021 at 21:45, Tommytomtom said:

Hi

Do you mean the app and web based forecasts? I find they are very short range and subject to some variability. Closer to the time these might change a bit?

• Like 1

Posted

Interesting in terms of a spell of squally winds and strong winds, and maybe some hail. Next to no chance of snow down here from this front. Showers following later may be wintry, but again mainly over hills.

Posted
2 minutes ago, MattStoke said:

Interesting in terms of a spell of squally winds and strong winds, and maybe some hail. Next to no chance of snow down here from this front. Showers following later may be wintry, but again mainly over hills.

Yep interesting weather  if not snow then bring on high winds and storms   not everyones cup of tea but i love it.

• Like 1

Posted
On 07/12/2021 at 09:38, weirpig said:

Yep interesting weather  if not snow then bring on high winds and storms   not everyones cup of tea but i love it.

I like thunderstorms, and squall lines add some interest so long as I'm indoors. Cannot stand Atlantic low pressure systems/storms (unless they bring 'battleground' snow) and mild winter weather generally, though. Not that it's particularly mild at the moment despite the westerly, Atlantic dominated flow.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: WINTERS WITH HEAVY DISRUPTIVE SNOWFALL AVRAGE SPRING HOT SUMMERS.

My self I do love a good storm if we can’t have snow what I cannot stand is anti cyclonic gloom or mild weather in winter

Posted

Squall moving through here now. Not as squally as I was expecting but it does have hail mixed in.

Edited by Gord

Posted

Well, for those that like a good storm, there’s one here at the moment!

Winds 50kts and gusting, rain ( sleet initially) wheelybins starting to travel.

Frost overnight out of the wind, be interesting to see what the trailing edge of this gale brings.

Posted
6 minutes ago, Gord said:

Squall moving through here now. Not as squally as I was expecting but it does have hail mixed in.

Bit of a disappointment to be honest gord  and then it was gone. Might see some wintryness as the low wraps round later 

Posted

Monumental hailstorm here as the trailing edge passed over. Wind now done to about 20 kts and temp dropped three degrees to 3.4C

Chilly.

Edited by Wingman Blue
Spellcheck!

Posted

Edge of the front is approaching Stoke. Sky brightening from the west. Should be a decent evening for running ?‍♂️ Might break records with a good tail wind!

• Like 1

Posted

Little wind and light rain. Temp now 2.4C - Dropped 4 degrees in just over 30 minutes. Impressive.

Posted
On 07/12/2021 at 19:40, Andypvfc said:

Well it couldn't of been very impressive as it never woke me up.

Rubbish, like all Atlantic storms. Can’t see any appeal to them. Really annoying wind for my walk home tonight.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
8 minutes ago, MattStoke said:

Rubbish, like all Atlantic storms. Can’t see any appeal to them. Really annoying wind for my walk home tonight.

Much prefer 13 degrees or so to this! too low here for snow this week so may as well be warm

• Like 1

Posted
On 07/12/2021 at 21:40, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

Much prefer 13 degrees or so to this! too low here for snow this week so may as well be warm

Not a fan of that as mild winter weather normally means wind, rain and grey sky, and actually ends up feeling colder than if it was near freezing but calm and dry. It's also often humid, which is annoying when having to wear a coat to keep off the rain but wanting to take it off as I sweat like a pig! I'd only take mild winter if it's not wet and windy and we can't have cold and/or snow, which doesn't often happen but could be the case in the lead up to Christmas this year. Perhaps turning colder (anticyclonic and snowless) around Christmas itself.

Edited by MattStoke

Posted

3.7 and more wind and rain.

However, lots of icy rain will further cool the earth.

This is just the intermission!

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.

Heavy sleet here, Its trying though..

• Like 1

Posted

More rain tonight. That'll be thoroughly miserable for running. Roll on the high pressure! It'll be mild  but at least it'll be settled.

• Like 2