Thunder?
Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

SE, London & EA - Weather Discussion

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow,thunder,tornados

I had -5 at 5.30pm, as I was finishing early, no idea what the temp is outside, but the icicle has disappeared. Still plenty of lying snow here, remarkable after 6 day's. It will be a very different scene tomorrow sadly, and with the comments in the mad thread, it may be a while before winter returns for us. 

Could contain: Tree, Fir, Outdoors, Nature, Scenery, Weather, Winter, Snow, Vegetation, Ice

Could contain: Tree, Plant, Nature, Outdoors, Fir, Scenery, Weather, Winter, Ice, Snow

Could contain: Tree, Plant, Vegetation, Weather, Nature, Outdoors, Woodland, Land, Fence, Tree Trunk

Could contain: Tree, Plant, Outdoors, Nature, Winter

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Down to -5c again last night and another thick hoar frost. Another sunny day coming up with just some patchy high cloud.

Edited by Captain Shortwave

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, snow, warm sunny days.

I can sense the change coming.. I'm torn as I don't want to lose this beautiful weather but I'm also glad it's warming up a bit which means I won't need to wear so many layers.

Current conditions:

Could contain: Sea, Outdoors, Nature, Water, Electronics, Text, Mobile Phone, Phone, Pc, Computer

• Like 1

Posted
10 hours ago, Snowangel-MK said:

Less cold here tonight it’s only -5 😄

So the  "Troll from Trondheim" is going to be killed off by a “churning vortex” in the “nightmare before Christmas” this weekend accordingly to a certain weather journalist 🥹 

didn't realise weather terminology could be so technical 😄 no wonder i have trouble following the model threads 🙂 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !
27 minutes ago, MAF said:

-9.0 according to met office observations for my area last night.

not sure my station is working right as it is saying currently 1.4 thats a 10 degree rise in 7 hours. can't be right.

Warmed up here already it’s only -2  😄

You know you’ve  definitely got acclimatised to the cold weather when -2 feels less cold - by tomorrow I won’t need my thermal vest 😜 

• Like 2

Posted
2 minutes ago, MAF said:

didn't realise weather terminology could be so technical 😄 no wonder i have trouble following the model threads 🙂 

“Churning vortex” sounds more like a Dyson washing machine than weather related  to me but it obviously sells newspapers so hey 🤷🏻‍♀️ 

Posted

Balmy few days ahead compared to what we’ve had, there is just a glimmer of hope we could cool down Christmas Eve/Christmas day, in next couple of days I am going to hope for some upgrades to at least get us cold and frosty for Christmas Day 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Blizzards,Hot Thundery nights.
Just now, clark3r said:

Balmy few days ahead compared to what we’ve had, there is just a glimmer of hope we could cool down Christmas Eve/Christmas day, in next couple of days I am going to hope for some upgrades to at least get us cold and frosty for Christmas Day 

Certainly will feel warm compared to recently after acclimating to the cold.

However I have a feeling that the in new year cold will return.

• Like 1

Posted

Stunned at this longevity of cold. 6 days of hard laying snow. I would counter that this time it was cold... but got colder once the abow cover arrived. Virtually no thaw since early hours of Monday morning 

Could contain: Tree, Plant, Fir, Outdoors, Nature, Yard, Backyard, Weather

• Like 2

Posted

Last night it got down to -8.7c here and with some high level cloud coming over itis now up to -2.9c. I've just been looking at my weather station data for the week and it can most definately be said to be an icy week. I've had just 7 hours above freezing since last sunday. 6.5 hours were on Monday where i had the highest temp of the week at +0.6c.There was 1/2 hour above freeze from 12:40 -13:10 on Tuseday and since then it has not been above freezing. The lowest temp was thursday night/friday morning when it got down to -10.9c. Today marks the 7th consecutive day of lying snow and unlike other events, the cover is still much as it was on Sunday, even the trees still have a think coating on branches and foliage.

It will end tomorrow/monday but Winter is far from over, we are only 17 days in, and ive a feling there is a lot more to come.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Location: Saltdean,Nr Brighton,East Sussex,Hither Green,SE London.

Reports of some localised heavy showers  falling in -4c temperatures towards the East sussex coast this morning causing black ice mayhem on all roads.

Gritters have been recalled to try and deal with it

• Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm summers but not too hot and colder winters with frost and snow

The thing about this cold spell as it draws to a close was the longevity of how long we stayed sub zero here.We lasted from about 5pm last Saturday till this morning at 8.50 when we went to 0.1(159 consecutive hours which blew BFTE 2018 of 104 hours out the water).On top of that the 5/6cms snow we had last Sunday is still pretty much intact and with the last 3 nights severe frost making for some stunning photos I will be quite sad when it all gets washed away tomorrow.

It looks like it potentially could be a very wet and mild week and the only comfort from that will be saving a few bob on the energy bills which have gone through the roof this week!

• Like 2

Posted

Anyone with some snow cover should get out for a walk this morning if they can - the drip, drip where it hasn’t already happened will soon be upon us ….

you have to make the most of the views whilst you can 

• Like 1

Posted
1 hour ago, sunnijim said:

Reports of some localised heavy showers  falling in -4c temperatures towards the East sussex coast this morning causing black ice mayhem on all roads.

Gritters have been recalled to try and deal with it

Gritters out here too. 😁 

Could contain: School Bus, Vehicle, Bus, Transportation

• Like 2

Posted
1 hour ago, TonyK St Albans said:

Whoe footprints on porch roof this morning?

Cat? Pigeon? Fox?

Could contain: Nature, Outdoors, Wheel, Machine, Winter, Car, Vehicle, Transportation, Snow

One of the joys of snowfall that I tend to forget, working out what animal made the prints overnight!

Toddler loves it, but I did too before he was born!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.
3 hours ago, MAF said:

-9.0 according to met office observations for my area last night.

not sure my station is working right as it is saying currently 1.4 thats a 10 degree rise in 7 hours. can't be right.

Might be, Wales got showers from the SW over night, which have now moved across the Midlands, they are probably warmer than we are now.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.
1 hour ago, Wimbledon88 said:

Gritters out here too. 😁 

Could contain: School Bus, Vehicle, Bus, Transportation

Doesn't surprise me, Wales had snow rain which was probably freezing last night, over the Midlands now. Were some showers in the channel when I went to sleep, but don't know what happened after that.

Posted

Happy Saturday…Last outing in the frozen landscape… for now anyway, not looking great for snow over the festive period unless your in Scotland, still hopeful for the next instalment of winter before 2023 🙏

Could contain: Vegetation, Weather, Nature, Outdoors, Tree, Woodland, Scenery, Ice, Snow, Winter

Could contain: Tree, Weather, Nature, Outdoors, Fir, Scenery, Vegetation, Woodland, Land, Winter

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: cold and snowy. Summer: hot and sunny

A bitterly cold, frosty start to the morning today:

Could contain: Tree, Nature, Outdoors, Sky, Fir, Yard, Weather, Scenery, Ice, Vegetation

However, there is a definite thaw setting in now. It’ll be sad to see the snow melt. 

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 30 Degrees of pure British Celsius

Well at least I won't have the disappointment of seeing the snow disappear with the onset of milder weather...had zilch out here on the coast unlike other areas, the pond is a bit frozen up but already above 3c here which is high as it's been for the last week or so...

My gut feeling says this will be the highlight of this winter, the mild/warm 2022 was always going to 'pop' but will it be a case of now carrying on as per.

Edited by Froze were the Days
  • Like 1