Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West and Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion

Posted
1 hour ago, Mike Poole said:

I’m wondering if Wiltshire and Oxfordshire might squeeze in a show shower before or around midnight before the warmer air and rain move in later.

Just looked out and nothing here yet ...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.
1 minute ago, *Stormforce~beka* said:

Bang on 0c with 4 minutes to go ...

Time to bin this current spell, or rather 'snap'. Notably cold for a very short period but ultimately a fail.

A week of 'get through' weather to come at least, then hopefully back on track for something proper. It was nice to see freezing fog at least and a date record minimum for my location.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted
25 minutes ago, Mapantz said:

It's turned very windy here!

On the sprouts already dear? ...

I think we just did it! It's now 0.1c at 00:01!

13 minutes ago, The Enforcer said:

-1C and rain. Crap again.

Can I come cry on your shoulder?

• Like 2

Posted
Posted
  • Location: Abingdon - 55m ASL - Capital of The Central Southern England Corridor of Winter Convectionlessness
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Snow>Freezing Fog; Summer: Sun>Daytime Storms
  • Location: Abingdon - 55m ASL - Capital of The Central Southern England Corridor of Winter Convectionlessness
12 minutes ago, *Stormforce~beka* said:

On the sprouts already dear? ...

I think we just did it! It's now 0.1c at 00:01!

Can I come cry on your shoulder?

Who says it will be you doing the crying?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Fog, Frost, Storms and Rain if it rains like it means it.
34 minutes ago, MP-R said:

Time to bin this current spell, or rather 'snap'. Notably cold for a very short period but ultimately a fail.

A week of 'get through' weather to come at least, then hopefully back on track for something proper. It was nice to see freezing fog at least and a date record minimum for my location.

The freezing fog gave some gorgeous landscape views today. And we managed an ice day here in Fleet. 

Currently still below at -1.7...but warming up 😫.

20231202_160211.jpg

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Fog, Frost, Storms and Rain if it rains like it means it.
13 minutes ago, Mapantz said:

Absolutely piddling down here.

Wet 🐈 through the window very soon I suspect.

It's late. And I momentarily thought this was actually your 🐈 

CM_Photogrid_1701564643548-01.jpeg

• Like 3

Posted

Was 6.2c at midnight, low of 5.8c at 3am.
Some rain showers from 3am to 4 am, 2.5mm
Wind picked up between 4am to 5am, southerly 18mph.

Cloudy start, a few drizzly showers last few hours, adding another 2.5mm
Now 8.3c, 6 mph South Westerly wind.

• Like 1

Posted

Morning All, a dull damp start to the day after the overnight low of 4.4°C at: 06:09, has crept up to 7.1°C, with RH96% and light air movement from the SW.

From Above, yup its cloudy

image.thumb.png.76d8c35db810cc274a1b29e9fdff36b8.png

On Golden sands

image.thumb.png.b2f30fa7e42ff5cbdbd45240419f5079.png

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow & Thunderstorms

Miserable out there today, had a met office yellow alert pop up on my phone earlier for rain tomorrow, bring back the frosts!

Hopefully Tuesday is ok as we need to finish off putting the lights up 🎄

Edited by Andrew_WSM
  • Thanks 1

Posted
16 minutes ago, Andrew_WSM said:

Miserable out there today, had a met office yellow alert pop up on my phone earlier for rain tomorrow, bring back the frosts!

Hopefully Tuesday is ok as we need to finish off putting the lights up 🎄

Outdoor lights? You better show us when done!

Well somehow I gotta clean out the chooks in this wet weahter. I stupidly forgot to empty the hose end of water so bet that's broken and will need replacing too. Sigh! Then it's on to more stressful stuff. I hate December.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Snow>Freezing Fog; Summer: Sun>Daytime Storms

Dry spell didn't even last a week. Back to flooding.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted
1 hour ago, Mapantz said:

The weather in the last 30 minutes has been more interesting than the whole of last week. 😅

Like you a torrential downpour which eventually turned to hailstones. That cell for us generated 74.48mm/hr giving us 11.4mm so far today, and I have a feeling there's more to come. Amazing when the cold digs in, the snow struggles to do anything, yet it warms and it p!33e3 down, non stop. 

image.thumb.png.a285cf43a991223d0b91f8ed6a1203cb.png

Edited by Dorsetbred
  • Like 5

Posted

Interesting drive to Ringwood even at top speed the windscreen wipers were on the verge of raising the white flag lol

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow & Thunderstorms
3 hours ago, *Stormforce~beka* said:

Outdoor lights? You better show us when done!

Will do! Low expectations though 🫣 

Google your having a laugh!

Screenshot_20231203-154833.thumb.png.a99aeb027ab75beb01ebcbee699ab372.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted
8 minutes ago, Andrew_WSM said:

hahahahahhahahahhahahahahahahahahhahahahhahahahahahahahahhahahahhahahahahahahahahhahahahhahahahahahahahahhahahahhahahahahahahahahhahahahhahahahahahahahahhahahahhahahahahahahahahhahahahhahahahahahahahahhahahahhahahahahahahahahhahahahhahahahahahahahahhahahahhahahahahahahahahhahahahhahahahahahahahahhahahahhahahahahahahahahhahahahhahahahahahahahahhahahahhahahahahahahahahhahahahhahahahahahahahahhahahahhahahahahahahahahhahahahhahahahahahahahahhahahahhahahahahahahahahhahahahhahahahahahahahahhahahahhahahahahahahahahhahahahhahahahahahahahahhahahahhahahahahahahahahhahahahhahahahahahahahahhahahahhahahahahahahahahhahahahhahahahahahahahahhahahahhahahahahahahahahhahahahhahahahahahahahahhahahahhahahahahahahahahhahahahhahahahahahahahahhahahahhahahahahahahahahhahahahhahahahahahahahahhahahahhahahahahahahahahhahahahhahahahahahahahahhahahahhahahahahahahahahhahahahhahahahahahahahahhahahahhahahahahahahahahhahahahhahahahahahahahahhahahahhahahahahahahahahhahahahhahahahahahahahahhahahahhahahahahahahahahhahahahhahahahahahahahahhahahahhahahahahahahahahhahahahhahahahahahahahahhahahahhahahahahahahahahhahahahhahahahahahahahahhahahahhahahahahahahahahhahahahhahahahahahahahahhahahahhahahahahahahahahhahahahhahahahahahahahahhahahahhahahahahahahahahhahahahhahahahahahahahahhahahahhahahahahahahahahhahahahhahahahahahahahahhahahahhahahahahahahahahhahahahhahahahahahahahahhahahahhahahahahahahahahhahahahhahahahahahahahahhahahahhahahahahahahahahhahahahhahahahahahahahahhahahahhahahahahahahahahhahahahhahahahahahahahahhahahahhahahahahahahahahhahahahhahahahahahahahahhahahahhahahahahahahahahhahahahhahahahahahahahahhahahahhahahahahahahahahhahahahhahahahahahahahahhahahahhahahahahahahahahhahahahhahahahahahahahahhahahahhahahahahahahahahhahahahhahahahahahahahahhahahahhahahahahahahahahhahahahhahahahahahahahahhahahahhahahahahahahahahhahahahhahahahahahahahahhahahahhahahahahahahahahhahahahhahahahahahahahahhahahahhahahahahahahahahhahahahhahahahahahahahahhahahahhahahahahahahahahhahahahhahahahahahahahahhahahahhahahahahahahahahhahahahhahahahahahahahahhahahahhahahahahahahahahhahahahhahahahahahahahahhahahahhahahahahahahahahhahahahhahahahahahahahahhahahahhahahahahahahahahhahahahhahahahahahahahahhahahahhahahahahahahahahhahahahhahahahahahahahahhahahahhahahahahahahahahhahahahhahahahahahahahahhahahahhahahahahahahahahhahahahhahahahahahahahahhahahahhahahahahahahahahhahahahhahahahahahahahahhahahahhahahahahahahahahhahahahhahahahahahahahahhahahahhahahahahahahahahhahahahhahahahahahahahahhahahahhahahahahahahahahhahahahhahahahahahahahahhahahahhahahahahahahahahhahahahhahahahahahahahahhahahahhahahahahahahahahhahahahhahahahahahahahahhahahahhahahahahahahahahhahahahhahahahahahahahahhahahahhahahahahahahahahhahahahhahahahahahahahahhahahahhahahahahahahahahhahahahhahahahahahahahahhahahahhahahahahahahahahhahahahhahahahahahahahahhahahahhahahahahahahahahhahahahhahahahahahahahahhahahahhahahahahahahahahhahahahhahahahahahahahahhahahahhahahahahahahahahhahahahhahahahahahahahahhahahahhahahahahahahahahhahahahhahahahahahahahahhahahahhahahahahahahahahhahahahhahahahahahahahahhahahahhahahahahahahahahhahahahhahahahahahahahahhahahahhahahahahahahahahhahahahhahahahahahahahahhahahahhahahahahahahahahhahahahhahahahahahahahahhahahahhahahahahahahahahhahahahhahahahahahahahahhahahahhahahahahahahahahhahahahhahahahahahahahahhahahahhahahahahahahahahhahahahhahahahahahahahahhahahahhahahahahahahahahhahahahhahahahahahahahahhahahahhahahahahahahahahhahahahhahahahahahahahahhahahahhahahahahahahahahhahahahhahahahahahahahahhahahahhahahahahahahahahhahahahhahahahahahahahahhahahahhahahahahahahahahhahahahhahahahahahahahahhahahahhahahahahahahahahhahahahhahahahahahahahahhahahahhahahahahahahahahhahahahhahahahahahahahahhahahahhahahahahahahahahhahahahhahahahahahahahahhahahahhahahahahahahahahhahahahhahahahahahahahahhahahahhahahahavhahahahahhahahahhahahahahahahahahhahahahhahahahahahahahahhahahahhahahah

• Like 4

Posted
14 minutes ago, Andrew_WSM said:

If it stops by 02:45 then it'll all be gone by the morning, unless of course you are around at 02:47 to see it🤪

• Like 2