Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West and Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & cold (love it) any extremes.
14 minutes ago, Wilxy said:

I’ve not long drove through henfield road, and it was flooding pretty bad down there it will be absolute chaos on the roads this evening!

Yes I’ve been through that today, also the road from Yate into Coalpit Heath is badly flooded and holding back the traffic. Fun drive through the lanes towards Latteridge earlier the lane in places properly flooded for 200m or more (quite fun actually it’s times like these that brings the child out in me) 😊

• Like 3

Posted

Surprising today..dark tales of lots of rain..just a bit of drizzle mind you yesterdays monsoon has left masses of giant puddles

• Like 1

Posted

Been an awful day in Bath with the drive home pretty unpleasant. Dark and constant rain. It doesn't get much worse than this.

Watching the radar throughout the day, parts of Somerset and West Dorset have been deluged pretty much the whole day. It's no wonder there's a long list of road closures and the railway line between Westbury and Taunton and Bristol and Taunton both closed due to flooding.

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and lots of it or warm and sunny, no mediocre dross

What a bloody awful day it's been. Floods everywhere, the village just outside Bristol where I work is literally a river, the farm bunds have over flowed with the land absolutely saturated . I've been out in it all day, soaked to the skin by the end of day, waterproofs couldn't cope with the biblical downpour. The journey home was erm, interesting, twice I got halfway through deep flooding and thought 'oooo, shouldn't have done that', so close to getting wet feet. Really must remember I'm driving a car now, not my old Landy.

Hope all this water has drained away before the expected frost tomorrow night, it'll be a nightmare if it freezes.

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extremes

I can't remember ever being stuck under such a slow moving area of rain for so long. In fact most of the day it's not moved at all!

It's slowly edging east now but the met office still have us down for another 5 hours of rain from it.

The amount of rain that has fallen must be impressive because it's been heavy and steady here since last night pretty much.

• Like 7
  • Insightful 1

Posted

From a friend of mine living on the Somerset levels

WhatsAppImage2023-12-04at17_15.22_2edef518.thumb.jpg.21bb1dbc7f1c51c5861fc797c5475ea9.jpg

Meanwhile the rain continues, currently 12mm so far today and that I'm sure is yet to increase in the next few hours.  

Edited by Dorsetbred
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & cold (love it) any extremes.
8 minutes ago, John88B said:

I can't remember ever being stuck under such a slow moving area of rain for so long. In fact most of the day it's not moved at all!

It's slowly edging east now but the met office still have us down for another 5 hours of rain from it.

The amount of rain that has fallen must be impressive because it's been heavy and steady here since last night pretty much.

43mm here now John, I was at Berkley vale motors earlier today and took the lane opposite to Latteridge to get home, if you like driving through floods John those lanes were fun 🤩 whole stretches under water and rivers running out from fields. I have an SUV but I wouldn’t take a mini down there 😳

• Like 3
  • Insightful 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Most(see in interests section.)

I expect Bradford and Avon probably will get flooded from this as well

• Like 2

Posted

Quite a drop in temperature this evening. It had been around 7.5c to 8c all day while East of the rain band.

My son looked at my weather station an hour ago and said “daddy it’s 4.6c outside”.

That surprised me, by the way it’s 4.2c now.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

Another very wet day after yesterdays deluge with heavy rain earlier this morning and again late this afternoon and so far this evening. Never really stopped raining properly with drizzle in between the heavier rain. Reached 9.7°C

Posted

Surprising today..dark tales of lots of rain..just a bit of drizzle mind you yesterdays monsoon has left masses of giant puddles

Posted

Just as I'm getting a bit of time from gardening to go fishing the Hampshire Avon will be challenging to say the least lol

Posted

Looking at the river level at Old River Tone level at Bathpool Outfall just outside Taunton. It's reading 11.02 meters, beating the record set in January (10.79 meters) of this year!

• Like 2

Posted
4 minutes ago, Snow Of '78 said:

Hmm, flooding near Taunton has pretty much taken out the trains!

Yes and on the other line between Axminster and Crewkerne.

DevonLive are in high drama mode but the rain has been fairly biblical:

WWW.DEVONLIVE.COM

GWR said it is working to source bus replacement services

• Like 1

Posted

Up to 42.7mm of rain after an exceptionally wet day across are region, not very often we get that amount, been a roller coaster start to winter!

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1

Posted
  • Location: Abingdon - 55m ASL - Capital of The Central Southern England Corridor of Winter Convectionlessness
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Snow>Freezing Fog; Summer: Sun>Daytime Storms
  • Location: Abingdon - 55m ASL - Capital of The Central Southern England Corridor of Winter Convectionlessness

I think they need to change the image here to a more appropriate one:

WWW.NETWEATHER.TV

Long range weather forecast for the UK - Winter 2023/2024. Will it be a cold winter?

image.thumb.png.714bc6fb4ea1c55ba0e0f771dd311317.png

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

38.5mm the total for the day. Might end up having the lowest temp and wettest day of the year within 2 days of each other..!

• Like 3
  • Insightful 1

Posted

Looks like we got off with the more heavier long spells of rain that many of you got last few days.
Seemed more like light showers for the most part with a few short heavier spells both days, Sunday 16mm and yesterday 12mm.

1 mm up to 2am today.
Been dry since.

A high of 9.8c yesterday mid afternoon, 6.5c at midnight.
Now 5.2c, 5mph NW wind.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The fabled channel low

A near constant 5.5c last night from 12.30. Dull weather! 

Screenshot_20231205_090253_Samsung Internet.jpg