Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West and Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

Would be nice to sneak a bit of sun in sometime soon. It's been a while since i last saw it for more than a few minutes a day.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms /Snow

Evening all...felt pretty chilly at work today.....didn't expect it to feel as chilly.

Duck weather incoming.........🌧🦆..Quack.

• Like 2

Posted

I'm going to derail this thread ... Hubby just rang mil. She wants to stay for 12 bloooody days over Christmas AND New Year! He has told her she can stay that long on one condition. She doesn't come in our bedroom. (She has a habit of just coming in and laying on our bed when we are in there (and hubby at his pc/me on laptop on the bed) because she doesn't want to be alone downstairs!) Any way ... She didn't take this news well ... She had a right old hissy fit. No that's not right. That's bad. I always go in there. I've always gone in there. I let you in my room at my house. She literally has no idea about boundaries. At all! Kill me now ...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold & snow, hot & thundery!

Hats off to the MO re their yellow warning areas. I thought 'how the heck can they be so confident of the areas which they've specifically highlighted''??? But, having watched the radar (so far) they have been right on the money. The heaviest and prolonged pulses of rain are literally as per their warning areas... and the 2nd front incoming (but not yet visible) is apparently even more potent! 

Quite substantial rain totals building up in the next 12 hours to come... ☔😢

• Like 3

Posted
18 minutes ago, *Stormforce~beka* said:

I'm going to derail this thread ... Hubby just rang mil. She wants to stay for 12 bloooody days over Christmas AND New Year! He has told her she can stay that long on one condition. She doesn't come in our bedroom. (She has a habit of just coming in and laying on our bed when we are in there (and hubby at his pc/me on laptop on the bed) because she doesn't want to be alone downstairs!) Any way ... She didn't take this news well ... She had a right old hissy fit. No that's not right. That's bad. I always go in there. I've always gone in there. I let you in my room at my house. She literally has no idea about boundaries. At all! Kill me now ...

Oh noooo... I feel your pain. 

I couldn't think of anything worse for Xmas... 

We are here for you... ❤️🎄☔☀️🌡️🌩️🌧️🌈☃️

• Thanks 1

Posted
14 minutes ago, TallPaul said:

Oh noooo... I feel your pain. 

I couldn't think of anything worse for Xmas... 

We are here for you... ❤️🎄☔☀️🌡️🌩️🌧️🌈☃️

Thank you sweetheart. For my sanity I'm going to resurrect the blogs thread in the general area and post daily as a way of getting it out and decompressing it. Last time she stayed for new year I ended up shouting in her face and swearing at her when she cleaned the bedroom mouldy window with my flannel! It wasn't pretty ... I need somewhere safe to vent. Roll on New Year. Shame to hate Christmas before it's here 😞

• Like 1

Posted
6 minutes ago, *Stormforce~beka* said:

Thank you sweetheart. For my sanity I'm going to resurrect the blogs thread in the general area and post daily as a way of getting it out and decompressing it. Last time she stayed for new year I ended up shouting in her face and swearing at her when she cleaned the bedroom mouldy window with my flannel! It wasn't pretty ... I need somewhere safe to vent. Roll on New Year. Shame to hate Christmas before it's here 😞

That's a smart call... and when you're on here (as per the norm I hope) please continue to say, shout, scream, moan, laugh, cry. We wouldn't have you any other way! 😊😉😍

• Thanks 1

Posted
7 minutes ago, TallPaul said:

That's a smart call... and when you're on here (as per the norm I hope) please continue to say, shout, scream, moan, laugh, cry. We wouldn't have you any other way! 😊😉😍

Thank you sweetie. I plan to be here daily 😂. Right let's go to bed ...!

• Like 1

Posted
1 minute ago, *Stormforce~beka* said:

Thank you sweetie. I plan to be here daily 😂. Right let's go to bed ...!

Good shout, and tomorrow's another day 👊

• Thanks 1

Posted
  • Location: Abingdon - 55m ASL - Capital of The Central Southern England Corridor of Winter Convectionlessness
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Snow>Freezing Fog; Summer: Sun>Daytime Storms
  • Location: Abingdon - 55m ASL - Capital of The Central Southern England Corridor of Winter Convectionlessness
15 hours ago, TillyS said:

My apologies if I seem slightly railways obsessed but as someone who lives in the south-west without a car I’m acutely conscious of how important these arterial lines are.

Well at least they are not likely to get blocked by snow anytime soon.

• Like 2

Posted

Drizzly and breezy out this morning.

The rest of the day looks horrible. Tomorrow much better.

Outside lights going up at the weekend, if it's dry. Bit early for indoors, but will do those if it's wet.

• Like 1

Posted
10 hours ago, *Stormforce~beka* said:

Aha a new meaning to the 12 days of Christmas!

”On the the first day of Christmas my MIL said to me…”

Edited by Dorsetbred
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot in Summer Cold in Winter

Good Morning All,

What a difference 24 hours makes, not a breath of wind on my trip into work yesterday it was crisp and misty, this morning its blowing a hoolie and mild.......

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

So dark and dull out there. Need the lights on inside! Sigh…

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms

Dark and wet. Looks like that’s it for the day.
Had to take my grandson to school today because his mum is ill. There is so much water on the roads with big puddles everywhere. Not nice. 

• Like 2

Posted

After the rain being somewhat patchy, the main event, particularly in the areas covered by the yellow warnings, is getting going now. Some very heavy rain in parts of Cornwall looking at the latest radar image.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The fabled channel low

37mm of rain so far today - southern slope of dartmoor means we are the prime spot of this weather warning!

Overnight low of 7.7c

Lots of excited chatter on the MAD thread of charts at 15 days away.  Might put the Samaritans number up there around 4.30 this afternoon.......

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Posted
3 hours ago, Dorsetbred said:

Aha a new meaning to the 12 days of Christmas!

”On the the first day of Christmas my MIL said to me…”

Oh I really, honestly love you. You have such a way to make me giggle even when I feel carp ...

• Like 2

Posted
1 hour ago, festivalking said:

37mm of rain so far today - southern slope of dartmoor means we are the prime spot of this weather warning!

Overnight low of 7.7c

Lots of excited chatter on the MAD thread of charts at 15 days away.  Might put the Samaritans number up there around 4.30 this afternoon.......

And I have the valium ready to go ...

• Like 1

Posted
2 hours ago, festivalking said:

Overnight low of 7.7c

These guys are loving it......PARTEEEEEEE...

wednesday.gif

Edited by Dorsetbred
  • Like 5

Posted
43 minutes ago, *Stormforce~beka* said:

Oh I really, honestly love you. You have such a way to make me giggle even when I feel carp ...

On the the first day of Christmas my MIL said to me…”Your grass could really do with cutting, couldn't it?"

• Like 4

Posted
2 hours ago, festivalking said:

Overnight low of 7.7c

Don't believe a word until Big Steve says the S word!

• Insightful 1

Posted
6 minutes ago, Frosty hollows said:

Don't believe a word until Big Steve says the S word!

You're OK you live closer to the North Pole, than most of the rest of us!:cold-emoji:

• Like 2

Posted
25 minutes ago, Dorsetbred said:

On the the first day of Christmas my MIL said to me…”Your grass could really do with cutting, couldn't it?"

That's if she goes up the garden lol! It's quite a way up. She has to do battle with a giant bush first to get into that house. I suspect that will the one to get first complaint ...