Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North West Regional Discussion March 2022 onwards

Posted
2 hours ago, iand61 said:

Just driven home in some of the heaviest rain I’ve ever seen and I’ve seen some pretty heavy stuff in the Caribbean.

thankfully it was short lived but kerb to kerb water running down the main road through the valley.

On the other hand, we've been dry all day here in S Cheshire despite some threatening clouds. Edit - and the sun is out now!

Edited by A Face like Thunder
  • Like 4

Posted

Yesterday evening was a stunner, one of those twilight evenings, however, this evening is set to be a soaker and will go dark quickly. Cloud darkening overhead right now ahead of a weather front expected to give a good dose of rain. 

• Like 6

Posted

Yes small window of early evening sunshine after the showers but another batch of rain now moving in from the west.  No manual watering labour needed today for the garden.

Edited by dodge
  • Like 5

Posted

As the rain drums against the front room window and the temperature hovers around 13c fingers crossed some summer weather will return shortly. Unfortunately the met office app doesn't show the greatest potential for the first week of mid summer ?‍♂️

Screenshot_20220701-135549_Met Office.jpg

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms and other extremes
10 hours ago, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

Crewe nearly always miss rain systems, where as here dosen't, think if you like rain, you need to move to Stafford area, very wet and rarely escapes, big difference to Crewe

luckily though same in Winter! Stafford normally gets decent snow from southerly systems, where as Crewe stays dry

Crewe is a dump whichever way you look at it

• Like 2

Posted
13 hours ago, CreweCold said:

Crewe is a dump whichever way you look at it

I've been in Crewe for 22 years and one thing it is not is a dump! OK, the town centre needs some TLC but that is not unique to Crewe, and we've got proximity to motorways and rail systems, and we have a micro-climate which tends to keep the worst of the weather away. I'm never going to be accepted as a local but I've enjoyed my time here and yes, I've even taken to supporting the Alex!  

So to this morning and early rain has given way to blue skies and sun and a bit of a breeze.

• Like 6

Posted
5 hours ago, A Face like Thunder said:

I've been in Crewe for 22 years and one thing it is not is a dump! OK, the town centre needs some TLC but that is not unique to Crewe, and we've got proximity to motorways and rail systems, and we have a micro-climate which tends to keep the worst of the weather away. I'm never going to be accepted as a local but I've enjoyed my time here and yes, I've even taken to supporting the Alex!  

So to this morning and early rain has given way to blue skies and sun and a bit of a breeze.

You live Wistaston way? Agree that’s not a dump, it’s the most affluent part.

However, the main town has gone downhill. Little investment from the council, the town centre is a demolition site, housing estates popping up everywhere with literally NO infrastructure to support them, a homelessness problem, gangs of youths causing mayhem, potholes all over the roads…I could go on.

The place is an absolute dive. Oh and I’ve lived here since birth!

Edited by CreweCold
  • Like 3

Posted

Wet start, got soaked shopping for mum 8am.  Overcast all day with the odd blast of sun, this evening has so far seen the best of today's sunshine even though there's still a lot of cloud about.  Not sure what max temp was today, 17° at 3pm when it was overcast.  It's lovely here at the moment, ideal for an evening walk or bike ride.

• Like 6

Posted

A decent summer's day in the main. Managed to stay dry although rather cloudy at times, some good sunny breaks. Temps maxed out at 18 degrees, under par for July but in the sunshine felt ok.

Immediate outlook looking rather uninspiring - lots of cloud about and temps held back for the time of year but importantly much drier than recently.

The stats show Cumbria had a very average June on the sunshine, temp and rainfall stake. It has felt a very average start to summer, but I've been saying July will bring the best of the summer weather especially mid month.

• Like 6

Posted
On 01/07/2022 at 06:22, CreweCold said:

Quite hopeful the second half of this month may be thundery Kev.

I was struggling to see a way out of Azores HP domination before August but there are tentative signs that we’ll see a pattern change towards the middle of the month.

Hope so, it has been a pretty boring year so far. 

Do you still post on TWO, by the way? I had enough of the haranguing/sanctimoniousness by certain posters and left.

• Like 3

Posted
8 minutes ago, Weather-history said:

Do you still post on TWO, by the way? I had enough of the haranguing/sanctimoniousness by certain posters and left.

Yeah occasionally.

Certainly some characters on there, that’s for sure. 

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

hardly look at the other side, never give it a thought, but was going to post few winters ago, but said 'new registration disabled' or summat like that

• Like 4

Posted

That developed quickly...just a bit of cloud passing through Southport tracking east too deliver a potent little shower here.  Hopefully they won't last too long,  but sunny skies have turned into gloomy heavy drizzle. 

Edited by dodge
  • Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, frosty nights, thunderstorms and the odd gale

36 minutes ago, dodge said:

That developed quickly...just a bit of cloud passing through Southport tracking east too deliver a potent little shower here.  Hopefully they won't last too long,  but sunny skies have turned into gloomy heavy drizzle. 

The opposite has been the case here. An overcast start with a few light showers first thing, but these quickly moved through to leave sunny periods.

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snowy winters,warm summers and Storms

Looks like a mixed week for our region as the Azores HP tries it's best to get in but it is a struggle with the HP setting up to our west initially which will drag cloud and occasional light rain over the top Temperatures increasing as the week goes on.Next weekend looking settled hopefully the HP can transfer more to our east and bring some proper summer weather to the region.

• Like 5

Posted
3 hours ago, severe snowstorm said:

The opposite has been the case here. An overcast start with a few light showers first thing, but these quickly moved through to leave sunny periods.

Yes, same here, quite nice now although not wall-to-wall sunshine by any means.

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow, thunderstorms, warm summers not too hot.

Looking likely now that things could warm up significantly starting from next weekend. Before then rather cool and a lot of cloud being dragged in by the high but it slowly moves north and east late in the week sitting right over us by weekend leading to much warmer and sunnier conditions. Possibly a repeat performance of last July with that full week of hot weather.

• Like 6

Posted

18/19c here and in Ashton this afternoon but mostly cloudy… sun out now feels warm… breeze has chill effect…

off to London Friday back Monday to see family… 

Looking warm/hot for next weekend down there… 

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Not too hot, not too cold
13 hours ago, CreweCold said:

Yeah occasionally.

Certainly some characters on there, that’s for sure. 

I always thought netweather forum was the one with the worst reputation for that kind of thing.

22 hours ago, damianslaw said:

A decent summer's day in the main. Managed to stay dry although rather cloudy at times, some good sunny breaks. Temps maxed out at 18 degrees, under par for July but in the sunshine felt ok.

Immediate outlook looking rather uninspiring - lots of cloud about and temps held back for the time of year but importantly much drier than recently.

The stats show Cumbria had a very average June on the sunshine, temp and rainfall stake. It has felt a very average start to summer, but I've been saying July will bring the best of the summer weather especially mid month.

Don’t know the stats for round here but it has felt like a rather mediocre and lacklustre June (although tbh the whole of this year so far has felt like that really). No notable heat, a couple of very cool days, quite dry, quite cloudy. A very forgettable month.

The weather this weekend has been okay but rather underwhelming. It’s been dry apart from some rain on Saturday morning  here with some long spells of sunshine but despite this temperatures have been very cool for the time of year only reaching 16/17°C.

13 hours ago, Weather-history said:

Yeah it has been quite a boring year to be honest. Maybe the most boring ever. Very little cold and snow. Very little heat. No notably warm/wet/dry/cold/sunny months. Just been generally milder than average for the last six months. The sunshine felt a bit lacking during May and June too. Let’s hope the second half of the year is a bit more interesting (as long as we don’t get an extreme heatwave).

2 hours ago, Frost HoIIow said:

Looking likely now that things could warm up significantly starting from next weekend. Before then rather cool and a lot of cloud being dragged in by the high but it slowly moves north and east late in the week sitting right over us by weekend leading to much warmer and sunnier conditions. Possibly a repeat performance of last July with that full week of hot weather.

I hope not, I’m not a fan of the heat. Next week looks cool and cloudy, not the most inspiring week ahead but I’d rather have that than the heat. Some of the GFS output recently has gone for temperatures in the low 40s in the south-east and well into the 30s further north, I’m really hoping that doesn’t come off.

The ideal summer for me would be to have lots of dry, quiet, sunny conditions and temperatures around 18-22°C.

• Like 5

Posted
2 hours ago, Frost HoIIow said:

Yes - , seem to recall it was the third full week of July last year that delivered the goods... it started around the 16th I think... a week earlier this year perhaps then.. July is the most likely month to give at least a week of respectable dry warm sunny conditions.

Today very similiar to yesterday, but we've had a couple of showers, very short lived and barely wet the ground. Temps about the same, max of 18-19 degrees which is still under par for July. A slow change ahead to something substantively warmer with lots of sunshine, may take until Saturday to get there here.. patience will be tested this week I feel, lots of cloudy nothingness ahead in the mean time with temps average or just a bit under.

Edited by damianslaw
  • Like 6

Posted

By the 12th we'll be losing 2 minutes of daylight a day and the height of the sun will have dropped a degree or so from the longest day by this time next week.

All positive things if you're counting down to autumn

• Like 7

Posted
12 hours ago, East Lancs Rain said:

I always thought netweather forum was the one with the worst reputation for that kind of thing.

Don’t know the stats for round here but it has felt like a rather mediocre and lacklustre June (although tbh the whole of this year so far has felt like that really). No notable heat, a couple of very cool days, quite dry, quite cloudy. A very forgettable month.

The weather this weekend has been okay but rather underwhelming. It’s been dry apart from some rain on Saturday morning  here with some long spells of sunshine but despite this temperatures have been very cool for the time of year only reaching 16/17°C.

Yeah it has been quite a boring year to be honest. Maybe the most boring ever. Very little cold and snow. Very little heat. No notably warm/wet/dry/cold/sunny months. Just been generally milder than average for the last six months. The sunshine felt a bit lacking during May and June too. Let’s hope the second half of the year is a bit more interesting (as long as we don’t get an extreme heatwave).

I hope not, I’m not a fan of the heat. Next week looks cool and cloudy, not the most inspiring week ahead but I’d rather have that than the heat. Some of the GFS output recently has gone for temperatures in the low 40s in the south-east and well into the 30s further north, I’m really hoping that doesn’t come off.

The ideal summer for me would be to have lots of dry, quiet, sunny conditions and temperatures around 18-22°C.

The low 40s? So a new UK record temperature by quite some margin? I had 40C, 104F in Perth, W Australia and the Kruger Park, South Africa and that was quite hot enough thank you very much!.

No such problems today, with a dry start and glimpses of blue sky.

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, hot, sunny springs and summers.

Looking like a really poor spell of weather coming up to be honest. The met office doesn’t have a single sun symbol on their forecasts for the next 7 days. That’s so depressing for July. I’m starting to think that we aren’t even going to be seeing any hints of the fact that it’s summer. 

Runs this morning hinting that the high pressure could flatten and be replaced with yet more northerly winds by week 2. 

Where’s the sun? The warmth? Summer, what’s going on? Starting to feel quite depressed with the lack of sunshine. 

• Like 4

Posted

La Nina is active and this is the pattern we can expect from that. Worryingly, global heating may make La Nina the default state of the Pacific and we'll have this every summer.

• Like 3

Posted

The way the media tries to explain meteorological  phenomena is laughabale at times. This is the Liverpool Echo from 8th June 1983. Apparently, they reckon the large hailstones began to form over the north African coast. Lol 

Gcp4YYz.jpgCNDrmEH.jpg

• Like 7