Thunder?
Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

The heat haters club 2022

Dami
Message added by Paul,

This thread is for those who don't enjoy the heat to discuss that and offer support to each other through the summer months. If you don't feel similarly and don't have any empathy for those who do, please don't post in here.

Posted
6 hours ago, TomSE12 said:

Un très bon matin au président Dami, à l’étoile des Poissons et à tous les membres du Heat Haters Party. J’espère que je vous retrouverai, vous et vos familles, eh bien et que vous avez tous réussi à dormir un peu, au cours de ces dernières nuits plus fraîches.

[A very good morning to President Dami, the Star of Pisces and all the members of the Heat Haters Party. I hope that I will find you and your families, well and that you have all managed to get some sleep, during these last cooler nights.]

Merci beaucoup pour vos aimables paroles,  l’étoile des Poissons. Bien sûr, vous n’êtes peut-être pas Français mais souffrant d’épuisement par la chaleur, il a fait assez chaud à Herne Bay récemment.

[Much thanks for your kind words,the Star of Pisces . Of course you may not be French but suffering from heat exhaustion it's been pretty hot in Herne Bay recently.]  

I think? Google Translate has come to my rescue again. If the above is wrong, it's down to that translation tool, and not my French "O" level, which I gained many Moons ago.

Je reviendrai plus tard, pour discuter des températures prévues plus tard.

[I will be back later, to discuss forecast temperatures further down the line.] 

Jusqu’à plus tard tous, Cordialement

[Until later all,

Kind Regards.]

Tom. 👍

It's been Boiling!! Models show warm to hot for us over next couple of days again and the headline is Dry sadly for our gardens and parks, allotments etc.  After the daft but brief hot up temperatures average out again. Expect a roller-coaster ride of hotter incursions in the near future?? 🥰 

Posted
12 hours ago, Don said:

Could well be the calm before the storm..... 🤔

One of two things, they all got what they had been waiting for 40 plus degrees & beating the record that there is nothing left to aim for in reality or now the records beaten it's no fun anymore. The excitement is seeing the present wrapped under the tree once it's opened....

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow,thunder,tornados

I see a pattern change is happening across the pond, I'm hoping this fires the jet stream up, and we can actually get some decent spells of rain, here in the south east. It's bone dry, and If it stays dry through the rest of summer, and a dry winter, we'll be in real trouble next year.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snowy Weather

Bonjour à tous encore une fois,

[Good Morning all again].

Has got very warm again, in our East facing Lounge, necessitating the use of Fatima, our Turkish exchange Student Fan, and Italian Todrana the Tower fan. Below, are the current temps. on Meteociel:

image.thumb.png.edd02f4023056b16f74c3a843aa7ae5f.png

Mine and Cobra Colette's nearest Recording Station of London City Airport, was showing a temp of 23c at 11.21, with a Relative Humidity of 47%.  

Speaking of French, which I think I just did? Our esteemed leader [President Dami] will no doubt have to use a bit Today, as she is off to Paris for talks with President image.png.bc1b75fc6fb8f1908936887344e75921.pngEmmanuel Macron, regarding our Heat Haters Party building a Donald Trump like wall, along the length of the English Channel, to keep out invading French sweltering Air Masses, and their growing threat to lives and properties, here in the U.K.

What happened to Brr- Exit? That seems to have turned into, Burn them, all. Good luck President Dami, we wish you well!!

Meanwhile, back in the U.K. I see that Sir Chris Fawkes of Marple [Stockport], after helping to rid us of that disgusting heat a few Days ago, is now playing about with orange arrows and silly numbers, as we head towards next Weekend after a cooler few Days, following on from a very warm Sunday, for the South East. Don't do it Sir Chris, you may soon hold the record for the fastest rescinded Knighthood, ever!!

Talking of silly "numbers". I think we should demand a return of Daniel Corbett. He who warned, "If taking Granny for a walk in the park, make sure you put an extra jumper on her Today, as it's going to be cold". Now, he knew how to talk about, troublesome Weather:

Some of the performances lately, makes me wonder if Rory Bremner, should become a Meteorologist, or is that Francis "fluffy bits" Wilson?

Regards,

Tom. 👍 

Edited by TomSE12
  • Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool and quiet; snow can be nice too

Brr-exit! 🤣 Thanks for that laugh @TomSE12!

Just started to rain here. Considering the hay-like texture of some of the grass around, I will very take that.

• Like 4

Posted

Down in the Southeast I am thinking of opening a 'Rain Haters' thread.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy and frosty

Seems we are looking at heat building again weekend onwards perhaps? 🤢

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Foggy autumn days are the best! Although I does enjoy a good thunderstorm.

Morning o' fellow heat haters. 🙂

I've just posted the following in the autumn 2022 thread, so I've just copied and pasted here to save typing it all out again........

"I am pleased to report that today is that auspicious day when I finally felt my first taste of autumn for 2022! 🍃🍂🍁😃

Last night going before going to bed I noticed the mist and hill fog rolling in... But this morning when I took the dog out for a walk at 04:50, the first thing that hit me was that cool feeling dampness in the air! It felt wonderful! Then I noticed the heavy dew/dampness on the car! That was when I thought, 'Helloooo autumn!' 

I'm fully aware that summer has probably gotten one or three nasty tricks still left up its sleeve, but this morning it certainly felt like a corner has finally been turned, and the horror's of last weeks heatwave are now hopefully a distant and fading nightmare. Long may this continue. 🍃🍂🍁🥳"

So please keep smiling folks, the good times are acoming. 😃👍

• Like 5

Posted
On 22/07/2022 at 08:17, simshady said:

Wonderful, life giving, refreshing rain. 🙂

Beautiful message!

I'm back, i got a 7 day ban during the peak of the heatwave. So happy to see that summer is back to normal, with pleaseant nights and days, the occasional rain and no oppressive heat in sight. All good 🙂

• Like 7

Posted
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet

Well, just when I'm wishing we can get past the final month of summer and get in with it, I wake to chilly most/fog. Given that I'm in Leeds that was surprising.

Felt autumnal given the added leaf drop from heat/drought stress.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and 15-25c

32-33c here today and tomorrow and under a heat warning..was a bit toasty in my house when i got home from work yesterday 28c in my bedroom and 26c elsewhere..leaving the AC on overnight house was down to 19-20c when i left this morning.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Nothing extreme.

The GFS is showing what could look like a lengthy hot spell as we get further into August.  From around the 9th or so temps could widely be in the high 20s or even low 30s.  Not as intense as the recent heatwave but much longer lasting.  I hope it doesn't come off!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow
5 minutes ago, Stewart M said:

The GFS is showing what could look like a lengthy hot spell as we get further into August.  From around the 9th or so temps could widely be in the high 20s or even low 30s.  Not as intense as the recent heatwave but much longer lasting.  I hope it doesn't come off!

🤢

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Basically intresting weather,cold,windy you name it
9 minutes ago, Stewart M said:

That is certainly the last thing we need at the moment!!

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunny summers, cold snowy winters
1 minute ago, markyo said:

Ive just had to put up with 9 days of grey rubbish, yes sunny today, but then more grey rubbish for the weekend...it will be more than welcome by me

• Like 3

Posted
14 minutes ago, Stewart M said:

I’m hoping it does.

I for one, want a dry sunny warm August, and hopefully a couple of severe thunderstorms.

5 minutes ago, markyo said:

If we throw in a couple of thunderstorms for good measure, wouldn’t that be enough?

If we have a longer lasting period of sunny to hot weather in the mid to high 20s, I think most people will be happy with that, and the odd 30-32c.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Basically intresting weather,cold,windy you name it
1 hour ago, Sunny76 said:

I’m hoping it does.

I for one, want a dry sunny warm August, and hopefully a couple of severe thunderstorms.

If we throw in a couple of thunderstorms for good measure, wouldn’t that be enough?

If we have a longer lasting period of sunny to hot weather in the mid to high 20s, I think most people will be happy with that, and the odd 30-32c.

It wasn't really the heat i was meaning, more the rain we desperately need now in many areas. Prolonged steady rain though, thunderstorms wouldn't make much difference 

• Like 2

Posted
5 hours ago, Stewart M said:

So do I.  Can’t be doing with much more heat 🤢🤢  Roll on autumn (a proper one!) and winter (again, a proper one), they simply can’t come soon enough for me. 

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...
8 minutes ago, Snowycat said:

So do I.  Can’t be doing with much more heat 🤢🤢  Roll on autumn (a proper one!) and winter (again, a proper one), they simply can’t come soon enough for me. 

Me too. Apart from my leccy bill, I hope to see another winter like 1981-82. I suspect that that's not going to happen!😩

Any more than I think BT will ever provide a half-decent 'open' service!🤣

Edited by Ed Stone
  • Like 2

Posted
36 minutes ago, Ed Stone said:

Me too. Apart from my leccy bill, I hope to see another winter like 1981-82. I suspect that that's not going to happen!😩

Any more than I think BT will ever provide a half-decent 'open' service!🤣

My bungalow is heavy on electricity.  However, the only gas appliance is the heating, which I use as little as I can.   I’ve had my first batch of kiln dried logs delivered and a bigger bulk bag of logs is due end of August.  I’ll also stock up on e-coal to keep the fire ticking over overnight.  

Would be nice to have some decent winter weather for a change.  I’m particularly dreading summer dragging on and on through into October like it has this last year or so.   

Edited by Snowycat
  • Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...
3 minutes ago, Snowycat said:

My bungalow is heavy on electricity.  However, the only gas appliance is the heating, which I use as little as I can.   I’ve had my first batch of kiln dried logs delivered and a bigger bulk bag of logs is due end of August.  I’ll also stock up on e-coal tomkeep the fire ticking over overnight.  

Would be nice to have some decent winter weather for a change.  I’m particularly dreading summer dragging on and on through into October like it has this last year or so.   

Maybe a silly question, SC -- but what is 'e-coal'?

• Like 1