Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The heat haters club 2022

Dami
Message added by Paul,

This thread is for those who don't enjoy the heat to discuss that and offer support to each other through the summer months. If you don't feel similarly and don't have any empathy for those who do, please don't post in here.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

can feel the heat today and the breeze is strong but warm. ice creams all round when we got home 

• Like 2

Posted
On 14/06/2022 at 09:17, Dami said:

I hope this thread is ok!

It's for us folk who hate anything over 23c. 

Enjoy (or not) 

We have lived on the east coast of Yorkshire for 15 years or so, and it is very rare for us to get hot weather, thats one of the things we like about it. This afternoon we have seen 29c that is the hottest since we moved here. I think the strong SW wind has reversed the normal sea breeze which usually shields us from the worst of the heat. Certainly an unusual set up. Relief doesn't look to be too far off as Newcastle is showing 18c.

• Like 3

Posted
12 minutes ago, mike57 said:

We have lived on the east coast of Yorkshire for 15 years or so, and it is very rare for us to get hot weather, thats one of the things we like about it. This afternoon we have seen 29c that is the hottest since we moved here. I think the strong SW wind has reversed the normal sea breeze which usually shields us from the worst of the heat. Certainly an unusual set up. Relief doesn't look to be too far off as Newcastle is showing 18c.

Enjoy it while it lasts.

About time we had proper summer warmth even if it's just for a day !

• Like 3

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield

Thank god for an air con office. People in our old office are suffering with temperatures 30 degrees plus.

• Like 2

Posted
3 hours ago, Matthew FRANCIS-BURNETT said:

Enjoy it while it lasts.

About time we had proper summer warmth even if it's just for a day !

Problem is, I don't enjoy it and neither does Mrs Mike57. Hay fever has also kicked in, so feeling sorry for myself this afternoon. Much fresher in the last hour, with temperatures heading back down towards my comfort zone.

• Like 6

Posted

It feels strange feeling the heat in Bridlington like today as it's normally a cool place.

Of course you get strong sunshine no doubting that and you can easily burn . Temperature is irrelevant in this way as the UV can be so strong  !

I was used to this type of temperature in London and the longer it lasts the more you acclimatize to it.

You can wear shorts for weeks in decent summers but up here less so for sure.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, cold, cold and errrr......cold. I am, unashamedly, a cold fan.

Thank god the heat's  over........... for now.

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Basically intresting weather,cold,windy you name it

What a difference a day makes, today is comfortable, can actually do things outside, no sweating, no feeling like crap but above all.....no need to drain my bank account with ac use!!

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Foggy autumn days are the best! Although I does enjoy a good thunderstorm.

What a beautiful cooler feeling grey day yesterday was. … A today currently feels the same!

Long may it continue! ??????

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Foggy autumn days are the best! Although I does enjoy a good thunderstorm.

Signs of autumn number one. 

Chasing fog… A beautiful autumnalesq morning watching the mist and hill fog rolling in. Almost single digit minima as well! ??

Hey, the summer solstice is tomorrow! So then the nights will be getting longer as well!

F0213E9F-E970-4A78-9718-979BF64A4F81.jpeg

• Like 5

Posted
25 minutes ago, Dangerous55019 said:

Signs of autumn number one. 

Chasing fog… A beautiful autumnalesq morning watching the mist and hill fog rolling in. Almost single digit minima as well! ??

Hey, the summer solstice is tomorrow! So then the nights will be getting longer as well!

F0213E9F-E970-4A78-9718-979BF64A4F81.jpeg

Morning !  9c here atm 

temperature is a strange beast, after 30C, 17c felt like winter (complete with rain) and yet not that long ago it felt warm enough without a coat! A much nicer 21c today:)  

• Like 1

Posted
On 17/06/2022 at 19:58, mike57 said:

Problem is, I don't enjoy it and neither does Mrs Mike57. Hay fever has also kicked in, so feeling sorry for myself this afternoon. Much fresher in the last hour, with temperatures heading back down towards my comfort zone.

Yes, my hay fever was the worst it had been for years on Friday!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Nothing extreme.

Looks like it's warming up again later this week, although not as bad as last week (hopefull).

Oh, and one really petty moan - is anyone else really tired of the metO write-ups for the day's weather?  Quote from Tuesday' forecast on the metO webste: "...plent of warm sunshine for all."  Excuse me?  What about those of us who don't want sunshine?  Those of us who hate heat?  I get it, some people like this weather bit others don't.  Can't the metO just tell is what the weather's going to do instead of working from the assumption that we all want warm weather?

/rant over.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms, gales. All extremes except humidity.

Some of you guys should move up here. First 20C of the year just last week. People out sunbathing getting a tan in the morning when out of the breeze at 15C. Shorts being worn as soon as the temp reaches 10C! I kid you not as I am one of them.

Edited by Norrance
  • Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...
8 minutes ago, Norrance said:

Some of you guys should move up here. First 20C of the year just last week. People out sunbathing getting a tan in the morning when out of the breeze at 15C. Shorts being worn as soon as the temp reaches 10C! I kid you not as I am one of them.

I was in Glenurquhart on Jan 1st 1996. I was feeding the cats (once they'd let the birds have their fill) wearing only jeans and a T-shirt. It was -9C!

• Like 3

Posted
9 minutes ago, NEVES SCREAMER said:

Glad you all survived the 8 hours of warmth last week. 

cooor thank you. 

Posted
4 hours ago, Stewart M said:

Looks like it's warming up again later this week, although not as bad as last week (hopefull).

Oh, and one really petty moan - is anyone else really tired of the metO write-ups for the day's weather?  Quote from Tuesday' forecast on the metO webste: "...plent of warm sunshine for all."  Excuse me?  What about those of us who don't want sunshine?  Those of us who hate heat?  I get it, some people like this weather bit others don't.  Can't the metO just tell is what the weather's going to do instead of working from the assumption that we all want warm weather?

/rant over.

I agree.  It's not like they say in winter, 'Here's something for all you coldies'  

Although saying that my alexia has been more spot on with the weather lately. 

1 minute ago, NEVES SCREAMER said:

Ok. Just a bit of banter.

I'm all up for some good banter. 

:reindeer-emoji:

• Like 2

Posted
4 minutes ago, Dami said:

I agree.  It's not like they say in winter, 'Here's something for all you coldies'  

Although saying that my alexia has been more spot on with the weather lately. 

I'm all up for some good banter. 

:reindeer-emoji:

No seriously. I do recognise some folks can't cope with heat. I respect that. And accept it. Just like me when a Beast from the East kicks in in winter as it does now and again and the max is minus 3 or whatever.  I do actually feel depressed. I hate cold and it does affect my dayto day life. So in this respect I really do have sympathy for anyone who feels the heat. Me. I love it but thats just me. All the best to everyone on this thread anyway

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Nothing extreme.
Just now, NEVES SCREAMER said:

No seriously. I do recognise some folks can't cope with heat. I respect that. And accept it. Just like me when a Beast from the East kicks in in winter as it does now and again and the max is minus 3 or whatever.  I do actually feel depressed. I hate cold and it does affect my dayto day life. So in this respect I really do have sympathy for anyone who feels the heat. Me. I love it but thats just me. All the best to everyone on this thread anyway

I'm not keen on extreme cold either to be honest.  Just give me drizzle, 9 degrees celsius and grey skies and I'm happy.

• Like 2

Posted
38 minutes ago, Stewart M said:

I'm not keen on extreme cold either to be honest.  Just give me drizzle, 9 degrees celsius and grey skies and I'm happy.

I’m like that in Canada when it hits minus 30 or below. It’s miserable. But cold in the UK is so much more depressing due to the dampness IMO. I’d rather have minus 15 in dry sunny air than zero in the UK.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...
6 minutes ago, Earthshine said:

Surely nobody could complaint about today's weather?  

Too much sunshine?

• Like 4