Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The heat haters club 2022

Dami
Message added by Paul,

This thread is for those who don't enjoy the heat to discuss that and offer support to each other through the summer months. If you don't feel similarly and don't have any empathy for those who do, please don't post in here.

Posted
8 minutes ago, Earthshine said:

Surely nobody could complaint about today's weather?  

It's just right for me, bit too hot Last Friday but what did it for me was my hayfever

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms, gales. All extremes except humidity.
34 minutes ago, Earthshine said:

Perfect Summers day. Max of 22C with a breeze. Incidentally our warmest day of the year so far.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm and sunny!
39 minutes ago, Skullzrulerz said:

It's just right for me, bit too hot Last Friday but what did it for me was my hayfever

It's been better for me after the weekend rain.  Friday was horrendous.

• Like 1

Posted
2 hours ago, Earthshine said:

No complaints from me! 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Nothing extreme.
4 hours ago, Earthshine said:

Not everyone has the same taste in weather.  Sorry.

4 hours ago, Ed Stone said:

Too much sunshine?

Not everybody likes the sun, especially those of us with an east-facing bedroom.  Even with blackout blinds it still gets very warm when you have the sun blasting through at 5:30 in the morning.

• Like 7

Posted
8 hours ago, Stewart M said:

Not everybody likes the sun, especially those of us with an east-facing bedroom.  Even with blackout blinds it still gets very warm when you have the sun blasting through at 5:30 in the morning.

Fair enough, at least this month has had a little something for everyone.  Weekend looking really rather cool and damp if that's your favourite.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

yes i have a complaint! there was no thunder!

oh wrong thread 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Not too hot, not too cold
On 21/06/2022 at 00:49, Stewart M said:

Same with me but my bedroom faces north west so I get the evening sun. So at this time of year the sun is streaming through the windows until after 9 pm. Which means on a warm sunny day like today it makes the bedroom very warm at night.

It also gets light way too early, thankfully days getting shorter from now on.

On 17/06/2022 at 16:39, mike57 said:

We have lived on the east coast of Yorkshire for 15 years or so, and it is very rare for us to get hot weather, thats one of the things we like about it. This afternoon we have seen 29c that is the hottest since we moved here. I think the strong SW wind has reversed the normal sea breeze which usually shields us from the worst of the heat. Certainly an unusual set up. Relief doesn't look to be too far off as Newcastle is showing 18c.

I always get a few hot days a year here (hot being 25-30°C) but days above 30°C are rare, unlike in the south east.

Being on the east coast next to the cold North Sea keeps things a lot cooler compared to places further inland and further south.

Being inland I get a bit more heat than the east coast but rarely anything extreme.

The east coast is the ideal climate for me - dry, very little heat, plenty of cool sunny days, plenty of 15-20°C days in summer, quite a bit of fog too. An easterly wind on the east coast in winter must feel absolutely frigid though.

The highest temperature I ever recorded was 33°C on 25th July 2019, the day the national temperature record was broken. In summer 2018 despite it being consistently warm/hot throughout June and July, I never actually recorded 30°C that summer, although I did get very close with a few days in July 2018 in the high 20’s.

Funnily enough Friday was actually a failed hot day here. Forecast was for sunny/partly sunny skies all day and highs of around 24. Ended up being warm, sunny and breezy in the morning before clouding over during the afternoon and by late afternoon it was overcast, drizzle and just 17°C!

So I’m very surprised to hear that just 50 miles or so east right on the east coast it was 29°C! Usually the east coast would be cooler during a heatwave than here, especially if the wind was easterly (usually warm here in summer).

Thursday forecast to be hot here though - 27C!

Edited by East Lancs Rain
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Foggy autumn days are the best! Although I does enjoy a good thunderstorm.

And another day in the Eye of Sauron’s dissecting gaze. ☀️

Still… I take comfort from the fact that the sun is in the sky for four seconds less than yesterday, (hey it’s a start!), and also this beautiful cooling gentle autumnal mist just hanging in the air this morning.

Signs of autumn number one? ?

ED5ECA3C-5E5B-460D-B577-678AB58AA96A.jpeg

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Very Cold, Very Snowy
On 21/06/2022 at 00:49, Stewart M said:

What colour are they. Ours are white and work really well?

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Temperatures ≤25ºC ≥10ºC.
On 20/06/2022 at 20:29, Earthshine said:

I could, with being stuck out in it all day with no escape cover, food or drink when putting a turnstile in at a theme park. I definitelty pushed myself way too much for my job but stress has got me to the point where I just wanted to get the task done. 

I'm stuck out in it for the rest of this week doing the back end/snagging list of upgrading a football stadium's turnstiles before a match on Friday. Yay, 12h day to end an exhausting week on! I do take a break in the car and run the a/c in it for lunch.

Yesterday was hard as I didn't sleep well and my feet/legs didn't want to work and I triggered a migraine too. Luckily I have air con at home and I just hide away in my ''season corrected'' room.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer > Spring > Winter > Autumn :-)
46 minutes ago, Stelmer said:

I could, with being stuck out in it all day with no escape cover, food or drink when putting a turnstile in at a theme park. I definitelty pushed myself way too much for my job but stress has got me to the point where I just wanted to get the task done. 

I'm stuck out in it for the rest of this week doing the back end/snagging list of upgrading a football stadium's turnstiles before a match on Friday. Yay, 12h day to end an exhausting week on! I do take a break in the car and run the a/c in it for lunch.

Yesterday was hard as I didn't sleep well and my feet/legs didn't want to work and I triggered a migraine too. Luckily I have air con at home and I just hide away in my ''season corrected'' room.

You are right - much better to do that job in 6c and pouring cold rain in November so you get ill in the days afterwards 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Temperatures ≤25ºC ≥10ºC.
57 minutes ago, mb018538 said:

You are right - much better to do that job in 6c and pouring cold rain in November so you get ill in the days afterwards 

Thing is, I do work outside in that weather. Never ill, I never suffer from feeling cold and I never get winter colds. Been working in this job for almost 8 years and the outdoor air in winter is lovely. Rain or shine.

This time of year I have to cover up due to burning easily, have a ton of strong anti migraine tablets as the sun can trigger migraines and my asthma plays up more. It's not so bad when undercover but in the open it's horrid.

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

24c and a nice breeze is as far as i feel comfortable. 

Hoping for some banging tomorrow. ⛈️

• Like 2

Posted
12 minutes ago, Dami said:

24c and a nice breeze is as far as i feel comfortable. 

Hoping for some banging tomorrow. ⛈️

*Snigger*

• Like 4

Posted
On 20/06/2022 at 21:18, Earthshine said:

It's been better for me after the weekend rain.  Friday was horrendous.

My eyes were quite itchy that very day, absolutely awful.

Thankfully the symptoms have eased greatly but the pollen is set to remain very high to high for the next few days.

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield

Hot and unpleasant again. Little sign of any Thundery activity here for the forseable future. However the weekend looks nice with tempertaures around 21C to 23C.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Basically intresting weather,cold,windy you name it

5 hrs in a 42c room condensing steam streaming down the walls, shifting 50kg kit about, taking covers on and off, then to come out to a baking car at nearly 50c internal temp......For some reason i hate this weather.... I wonder why? Yes it is vile.

• Like 5

Posted

I love summer because winter is a uncomfortable/painful season.  I get have pretty Raynaud's syndrome meaning my fingers lose blood flow even with gloves on.  Also cold air is seriously irritating for my lungs and such.  Anyone else suffer the same?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Foggy autumn days are the best! Although I does enjoy a good thunderstorm.

This heat is slowly crippling me!

I currently look, smell and feel like week old bloated summer road kill that’s been washed up in a storm drain! … Nice orderly queue please ladies, nice orderly queue.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Not too hot, not too cold
On 22/06/2022 at 08:50, mb018538 said:

At least in that weather you can wear a waterproof coat and stay warm, in hot weather it’s too hot whatever you wear.

20 hours ago, The PIT said:

Hot and unpleasant again. Little sign of any Thundery activity here for the forseable future. However the weekend looks nice with tempertaures around 21C to 23C.

It must a lot warmer in Sheffield then. I’m surprised as here in East Lancs it was a pleasant 21/22°C and clear blue skies yesterday, today too warm though at 26°C currently. There is a yellow thunderstorm warning today but those never verify here. The weekend is forecast to be dry, sunny intervals breezy and 19°C here, should be very pleasant.

20 hours ago, markyo said:

5 hrs in a 42c room condensing steam streaming down the walls, shifting 50kg kit about, taking covers on and off, then to come out to a baking car at nearly 50c internal temp......For some reason i hate this weather.... I wonder why? Yes it is vile.

You must have the most difficult and uncomfortable job (and work in the hottest temps, ironic considering how much you hate heat) out of everyone on these forums. You have my respect my dude.

And why are people who love heat commenting on here anyway? This thread is supposed to be for people who hate heat. It’s a bit like people going into the snow/cold ramping thread in winter and saying “12c today. love this mild weather!” Like they’re rubbing it in... 

Edited by East Lancs Rain
  • Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and 15-25c
18 hours ago, Earthshine said:

I love summer because winter is a uncomfortable/painful season.  I get have pretty Raynaud's syndrome meaning my fingers lose blood flow even with gloves on.  Also cold air is seriously irritating for my lungs and such.  Anyone else suffer the same?

i have a pair of gloves i wear here in Canada that keep my hands warm even down to -25c before i need to put on second pair..they look like knitted gloves something like your granny would make..i bought them for $3 in a DIY store about 3 years ago...they are 10 times better than any thermal gloves i have tried at 10x the cost..no idea what they are made of but they are toasty warm.