Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The heat haters club 2022

Dami
Message added by Paul,

This thread is for those who don't enjoy the heat to discuss that and offer support to each other through the summer months. If you don't feel similarly and don't have any empathy for those who do, please don't post in here.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Here's the Met Office's latest weekly forecast -- it's looking good for above average temperatures; but, precisely how far above average is still up in the air:

• Like 1

Posted
1 hour ago, *Stormforce~beka* said:

If it's that bad I probably wouldn't go tbh!

No, I don't think I would either!

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme

Looking like at least a week of hot unpleasant weather to come. Thankfully though the insane tempertures seem to be confined to Europe.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy and frosty

Hoping the heat around these parts won’t be too much or we at least retain significant amounts of cloud cover.  With the hot weather around the corner I thought I had better fill the drinking bowl with water I have for the deer and badgers just over the garden fence.  This is one of the reasons why I dislike and dread hot dry weather as this is the wooded area at the bottom of my garden fence.   It is very overgrown this year but managed to beat a path to the water bowl.   There is public right of way at the bottom of the ridge and I’m always aware of the fire risk when its so dry. 

2BBA9BBB-AE7F-4001-90E1-704877B77D6C.jpeg

E4765EAA-8DBC-440B-AA93-0253559A7237.jpeg

AA258F7B-AF35-45F6-9712-DDB53D078626.jpeg

FF94DD9B-0FAE-4C08-A72B-77C971C81CBF.jpeg

• Like 3

Posted
16 minutes ago, Snowycat said:

Hoping the heat around these parts won’t be too much or we at least retain significant amounts of cloud cover.  With the hot weather around the corner I thought I had better fill the drinking bowl with water I have for the deer and badgers just over the garden fence.  This is one of the reasons why I dislike and dread hot dry weather as this is the wooded area at the bottom of my garden fence.   It is very overgrown this year but managed to beat a path to the water bowl.   There is public right of way at the bottom of the ridge and I’m always aware of the fire risk when its so dry. 

2BBA9BBB-AE7F-4001-90E1-704877B77D6C.jpeg

E4765EAA-8DBC-440B-AA93-0253559A7237.jpeg

AA258F7B-AF35-45F6-9712-DDB53D078626.jpeg

FF94DD9B-0FAE-4C08-A72B-77C971C81CBF.jpeg

And you know what's going to happen next week, don't you, SC? Someone will refer to 34C & 45% RH 'not really humid and less humid than Singapore'. What they seem to skirt around is that between midnight and 7am (just when most people will be thinking about sleep) the RH will be around 100%!

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.
2 minutes ago, Ed Stone said:

And you know what's going to happen next week, don't you, SC? Someone will refer to 34C & 45% RH 'not really humid and less humid than Singapore'. What they seem to skirt around is that between midnight and 7am (just when most people will be thinking about sleep) the RH will be around 100%!

…. By which time it won’t be anywhere near 34 degrees anyway…

• Like 1

Posted
4 minutes ago, MP-R said:

…. By which time it won’t be anywhere near 34 degrees anyway…

Well, that's bloody obvious innit, MP-R!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.
1 minute ago, Ed Stone said:

Well, that's bloody obvious innit, MP-R!

Just clarifying… ??‍♂️

• Thanks 1

Posted

This chappie will be happy the hotter it gets though…..the only one in the household I hasten to add!  He’ll be charging around trying to bonk everything ?  He has a plant pot he chases around after. 

65410A6B-1721-428C-B940-FF7D8619B360.jpeg

D8FCF083-1808-4AF7-8578-756447A35042.jpeg

• Like 4

Posted

Today's Metoffice monthly update seems to have downgraded the potential heatwave a bit, looking more like a southern England and Wales event with the northwest not really seeing anything hot or dry at all!

• Like 2

Posted

Well, there's certainly one thing that benefits from increasing episodes of warm/hot weather: dragonflies: arguably one of evolution's most wondrful creations? Sure, beats being 'bonked' by a runaway tortoise!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Basically intresting weather,cold,windy you name it

Some truly depressing weather coming up by the looks of it now. Sleepless nights, banging headaches, awful working conditions,.....the list is long. Can't wait for a return to the comfortable normal weather we have now. Could be the worst spell this year.

• Like 4

Posted

Doesn’t look too bad around these parts until next Monday, which is when the heat looks to be descending upon us  

Edited by Snowycat

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme

Keeps trying to push record heat for us. However so far this week it's over doing the temperatures by about three to four degrees. Fingers crossed the heat gets lost somewhere.

• Like 4

Posted

I'm genuinely scared by the sight of some of those temperatures, and what's worse, no end point on the models. It could sit on us, and we just aren't built for that. 

How do you stay cool in 40+ degrees in insulated brick buildings built for warmth retention!?

• Like 6

Posted

The charts being outputted are actually disgusting. I can understand if you want temperatures around 30C. But 40C?! In what world is that needed over here. It's inevitable but seeing it potentially hit our shores this soon after the record was broken in 2019 is very worrying. I'd much prefer if it were mid 20s but it's looking more unlikely by the day. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

Posted
1 hour ago, Frigid said:

The charts being outputted are actually disgusting. I can understand if you want temperatures around 30C. But 40C?! In what world is that needed over here. It's inevitable but seeing it potentially hit our shores this soon after the record was broken in 2019 is very worrying. I'd much prefer if it were mid 20s but it's looking more unlikely by the day. 

Absolutely, it would be like wanting widespread -25C's to come off in this country during winter!  It doesn't need to be as hot as 40C or as cold as -25C whether you're a hot or cold lover!

Edited by Don
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
12 hours ago, Snowycat said:

Doesn’t look too bad around these parts until next Monday, which is when the heat looks to be descending upon us  

35 degrees shown up a few times now for 16th/17th,

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extremes the unusual and interesting facts
1 hour ago, Frigid said:

I find it hard to imagine 40 degrees is possible and after today i could say it is Impossible.For me today has been an Autumn day and if we had 40 degrees tomorrow i would be first to embrace it. Unfortunately here in the Pennines it is not Southern England and to get one day above 30 deg in a 4 year period is doing well but it is probably likely that Southern England will hit 39 deg and we may get 32 deg sandwiched either side of 26 deg if we are lucky.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Storms, and plenty of warm sunny days!

If the heat comes to fruition some of us will have to 'go to work' through this period! and not worry about, 'oh' my Cat is a bit warm

Edited by Wold Topper

Posted
3 hours ago, legion_quest said:

I'm genuinely scared by the sight of some of those temperatures, and what's worse, no end point on the models. It could sit on us, and we just aren't built for that. 

How do you stay cool in 40+ degrees in insulated brick buildings built for warmth retention!?

Completely agree.  I am dreading it too. I have foster cats in a converted summerhouse that acts as a pen and extreme heat may present me with issues.  I open up the double doors, one window (where they can’t get out) and put umbrellas up to keep the sun off them as much as possible.  However, in such very high temperatures it may get too hot inside for them so I may have to move them out during an afternoon.    Problem is - where will I put them

Guess my Sunflowers will do well though!

Edited by Snowycat
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow
15 minutes ago, Wold Topper said:

If the heat comes to fruition some of us will have to 'work' through it and not worry about, 'oh' my Cat is a bit warm

I'm glad you wrote cat and didn't use the other word

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Storms, and plenty of warm sunny days!
2 minutes ago, lassie23 said:

I'm glad you wrote cat and didn't use the other word

I didn't want to cause friction

• Like 1