Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The heat haters club 2022

Dami
Message added by Paul,

This thread is for those who don't enjoy the heat to discuss that and offer support to each other through the summer months. If you don't feel similarly and don't have any empathy for those who do, please don't post in here.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Basically intresting weather,cold,windy you name it

2nd day on trot of plus 40c working conditions, by far these are the most uncomfortable, wearing, vile conditions for working, yet to speak to single person on any site i've visited who likes this weather, not one.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heat, thunderstorms and snowy or frosty winters
2 hours ago, Dangerous55019 said:

This heat is slowly crippling me!

I currently look, smell and feel like week old bloated summer road kill that’s been washed up in a storm drain! … Nice orderly queue please ladies, nice orderly queue.

"week old bloated summer roadkill" 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer > Spring > Winter > Autumn :-)
3 hours ago, East Lancs Rain said:

At least in that weather you can wear a waterproof coat and stay warm, in hot weather it’s too hot whatever you wear.

It must a lot warmer in Sheffield then. I’m surprised as here in East Lancs it was a pleasant 21/22°C and clear blue skies yesterday, today too warm though at 26°C currently. There is a yellow thunderstorm warning today but those never verify here. The weekend is forecast to be dry, sunny intervals breezy and 19°C here, should be very pleasant.

You must have the most difficult and uncomfortable job (and work in the hottest temps, ironic considering how much you hate heat) out of everyone on these forums. You have my respect my dude.

And why are people who love heat commenting on here anyway? This thread is supposed to be for people who hate heat. It’s a bit like people going into the snow/cold ramping thread in winter and saying “12c today. love this mild weather!” Like they’re rubbing it in... 

It’s been about 25c in Leeds….not 40c  and having spent plenty of time outside in foul weather for work, I’d debate that you can feel warm in a waterproof coat while it’s lashing it down and about 5 degrees

Edited by mb018538

Posted
32 minutes ago, mb018538 said:

It’s been about 25c in Leeds….not 40c  and having spent plenty of time outside in foul weather for work, I’d debate that you can feel warm in a waterproof coat while it’s lashing it down and about 5 degrees

That's still shorts weather!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Temperatures ≤25ºC ≥10ºC.
37 minutes ago, mb018538 said:

Feels warmer than that, felt worse than last Friday did. Also I work outside and have decent winter kit. Rain cold, snow, wind, etc doesn't bother me unless it's below about 3ºC as the air makes my breathing iffy.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet
3 hours ago, markyo said:

2nd day on trot of plus 40c working conditions, by far these are the most uncomfortable, wearing, vile conditions for working, yet to speak to single person on any site i've visited who likes this weather, not one.

What is it you actually do.

Posted
19 minutes ago, summer blizzard said:

What is it you actually do.

Service autoclaves in dentists,vets,hospitals etc

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snowy Weather
On 14/06/2022 at 09:17, Dami said:

I hope this thread is ok!

It's for us folk who hate anything over 23c. 

Enjoy (or not) 

Just seen this Dami. Please count me in. 

Used to post a lot on the Model Thread but refuse to anymore, where heat/humidity was described on one occasion as a Quote.

"A Win/Win situation, for everybody" but when I pointed out, it's simply not the case when you live in a S.E. London property, with it's Doll's House size Bedrooms, that sometimes requires 2 pedestal fans running throughout the Night, to manage any sort of shut-eye.

When I objected to that comment, I was told not to "guilt trip", the Thread??

Yet all I was doing, was putting an opposing view.

We don't dare run those fans now, with the current cost of Electricity.

I am now claiming my State Pension and my tolerance of heat/humidity has lessened, especially after experiencing a Stroke, in Sept. 2015.

I must admit, I suppose it's the same in Winter, when a Member objects to cold, wintry Weather. They are likely to be given short shrift, by the masses. I concede of course that this is a Weather Forum, where extremes of Weather are more than often, wished for.

Having just seen the "Weather for the Week ahead", temperatures no higher than the mid-20's C for London, is ideal for Yours Truly.

I don't know about Glastonbury but that's music to my ears, Tomasz:

Weather for the Week Ahead - BBC Weather

Regards,

Tom.  

Edited by TomSE12
  • Like 9

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storm, drizzle
33 minutes ago, TomSE12 said:

Used to post a lot on the Model Thread but refuse to anymore, where heat/humidity was described on one occasion as a Quote.

"A Win/Win situation, for everybody" but when I pointed out, it's simply not the case when you live in a S.E. London property, with it's Doll's House size Bedrooms, that sometimes requires 2 pedestal fans running throughout the Night, to manage any sort of shut-eye.

I am now claiming my State Pension and my tolerance of heat/humidity has lessened, especially after experiencing a Stroke, in Sept. 2015.

I must admit, I suppose it's the same in Winter, when a Member objects to cold, wintry Weather. They are likely to be given short shrift, by the masses. I concede of course that this is a Weather Forum, where extremes of Weather are more than often, wished for.

Having just seen the "Weather for the Week ahead", temperatures no higher than the mid-20's C for London, is ideal for Yours Truly.

Regards,

Tom.  

I very rarely post in the mod thread anymore because its just a lot of telling the other person they're wrong for their opinion, prefer to do the model run downs in the SE regional Thread now because you get a nice reply and you don't get told off for your opinions.

Think I'll join here on the basis that 3/4 of my friends are ginger including my best friend/crush (she hates anything above 15⁰C lol) and all hate the heat to a certain extent, don't mind it myself but need a good Storm after it to enjoy it.

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Not too hot, not too cold

Ahhhhhhhhh..... That’s more like it!

D66CEECD-2FB7-40E9-A948-7446156661E9.png

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storm, drizzle

Perfect for me today, warm but not hot and partly cloudy which is good because I'm playing for my school cricket team today .

Edited by Eagle Eye
  • Like 3

Posted

Some good news!

• Like 3

Posted
On 23/06/2022 at 21:42, Eagle Eye said:

I very rarely post in the mod thread anymore because its just a lot of telling the other person they're wrong for their opinion, prefer to do the model run downs in the SE regional Thread now because you get a nice reply and you don't get told off for your opinions.

Think I'll join here on the basis that 3/4 of my friends are ginger including my best friend/crush (she hates anything above 15⁰C lol) and all hate the heat to a certain extent, don't mind it myself but need a good Storm after it to enjoy it.

Stick with the devil you know then the devil ya don't:-)

• Like 1

Posted
9 minutes ago, East Lancs Rain said:

Some good news!

One can only hope! we need the rain!

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.
On 23/06/2022 at 20:59, TomSE12 said:

Regards,

Tom.  

hey Tom welcome abroad  

After seeing how the regionals can get in the summer months I thought i would create a thread which could be used each year so people can discuss the temperatures without feeling Judged.  

Summer is an awful time for my family, my husband gets nosebleeds and my daughter had already had the start of heat stroke and has been quite ill (and that with wearing a hat/sun cream/plenty of drink) and at my time of life (hot flushes!) i find 23+ a stuggle. 

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extremes the unusual and interesting facts
16 hours ago, East Lancs Rain said:

Ahhhhhhhhh..... That’s more like it!

D66CEECD-2FB7-40E9-A948-7446156661E9.png

I thought that is what we get in January!

Posted
3 hours ago, markyo said:

One can only hope! we need the rain!

It has been quite a dry June to be fair.

1 hour ago, hillbilly said:

I thought that is what we get in January!

In the south maybe!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Nothing extreme.
6 hours ago, East Lancs Rain said:

Some good news!

Perfectly timed too.

The worst thing about this time of year is the very early sunrises which, when it's sunny and warm is torture for me.  At least if hot weather does appear later this summer the days will be a little shorter which might makeit slightly more bareable.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy and frosty

The cooler weather is much appreciated by myself and the other members of the household but I have to say this persistent wind is beginning to grind my gears somewhat have to say.  My poor hanging baskets are having a hard time of it . 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy and frosty

…..and, to add insult to injury, this wind has blown quite a huge number of developing apples off my tree

Posted
21 hours ago, East Lancs Rain said:

In the south maybe!

Was pretty close to that New Years Day this year!

• Like 1

Posted

5 weeks ish and we will be over the worst, days starting to get shorter and from current form Augusts haven't been uncomfortable for heat, fingers crossed!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

Not being able to sleep, getting constantly dehydrated, having to have a shower from your shower because you just sweated buckets in the shower, clothes constantly sticking to you, humidity headaches, air pollution becoming stagnant over cities, errmmm is there anything good about high heat and humidity........

• Like 5

Posted
1 hour ago, lassie23 said:

Not being able to sleep, getting constantly dehydrated, having to have a shower from your shower because you just sweated buckets in the shower, clothes constantly sticking to you, humidity headaches, air pollution becoming stagnant over cities, errmmm is there anything good about high heat and humidity........

Spot on! You should add the list an increased risk of wildfires and more electricity being used due to people constantly using air cons and fans...

Overall, a disaster. Especially for the environment 

• Like 3