Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Model Output Discussion - Autumn arrives

Message added by Paul,

Please double-check the contents of your post before hitting submit to make sure it is model related. For general discussion about the weather this autumn, the Autumn 2022 - Moans, Ramps and Chat is already very active, so please head over there.

Posted

Saturday washout gone on the 12z gfs!!phew!!please stay that way!!yeh its cooler but dont want the rain!!!most of sunday loooking good as well!!!brilliant stuff!!too good to be true?!!

Edited by sheikhy
  • Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: thunder

12z is more realistic now,   gone is the 8C to 34C fantasy dreamland with a change to the 17C to 27C range.  

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot n cold
1 hour ago, mushymanrob said:

Interesting, an undercutting cool breeze creating an inversion?.. could be quite dull if thats the case.

bound to be innit fgs

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.
1 hour ago, mushymanrob said:

Interesting, an undercutting cool breeze creating an inversion?.. could be quite dull if thats the case.

The models don’t show too much, there is low cloud on the Arpege running through the Bristol Channel and along the west coast of Wales but temperatures look ok.

I have to admit I suspect the gig is up for anything exceptional on Saturday. There is likely to be a lot of cloud and outbreaks of rain developing. That said there will probably bet bits and pieces of sunshine that could deliver something warm across the south. All eyes of Friday in regards to how close we get to the June record.

Further ahead, the models still seem torn between a Scandi trough taking hold and something much warmer and more settled (not the extreme of the coming couple of days but decent enough), if high pressure was able to extend over the UK

Edited by Captain Shortwave
  • Like 7

Posted

Amazing that we still can't nail down where the convergence point will be on Saturday. What is clear to me though is the amount of rain does seem to be lessening which is good news. No doubt there will be some areas that fair better than others. 

Another stupid question - why would the rain risk / amount be lessening as we move closer to Saturday? Is it that the models always overdo this type of scenario? 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer > Spring > Winter > Autumn :-)
9 minutes ago, Roadrunner said:

Amazing that we still can't nail down where the convergence point will be on Saturday. What is clear to me though is the amount of rain does seem to be lessening which is good news. No doubt there will be some areas that fair better than others. 

Another stupid question - why would the rain risk / amount be lessening as we move closer to Saturday? Is it that the models always overdo this type of scenario? 

If it’s convective or storm ppn then they often overcook it. They usually have a good handle on big standard frontal rain.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted

Ec op pushes euro heights nw run by run sat/sun 

cross model agreement now that the trough to our ne won’t actually connect with the cut off feature to our sw until much later in the weekend which could mean that it won’t happen at all. 

• Like 4

Posted
3 minutes ago, bluearmy said:

Ec op pushes euro heights nw run by run sat/sun 

cross model agreement now that the trough to our ne won’t actually connect with the cut off feature to our sw until much later in the weekend which could mean that it won’t happen at all. 

Good news that. The link up would presumably have produced the high precip totals that were touted 24 hours or so ago on the models. Links in well to the more fragmented showers now showing. As long as it keeps going this way reducing the rainfall run on run I'm all good with that, like Skeikhy! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer > Spring > Winter > Autumn :-)

image.thumb.png.6804724b8b96d08ae0da7574b16cbd8e.png

GEM day 10 with the sort of classic uk summer chart - Azores high ridging in - that you don’t see so much these days!

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: thunder
2 minutes ago, mb018538 said:

image.thumb.png.6804724b8b96d08ae0da7574b16cbd8e.png

GEM day 10 with the sort of classic uk summer chart - Azores high ridging in - that you don’t see so much these days!

I like that one, reminds me of 80's/90's

• Like 2

Posted
  • Location: Saltdean,Nr Brighton,East Sussex,Hither Green,SE London.
  • Location: Saltdean,Nr Brighton,East Sussex,Hither Green,SE London.
3 hours ago, Lukesluckybunch said:

We won't be seeing thirties on Saturday anywhere in my opinion perhaps 28c tops!

They clearly have other ideas today at least!

https://www.instagram.com/p/Ce0KyAtI9gw/?utm_source=ig_web_button_share_sheet

Edited by sunnijim
  • Like 1

Posted

Brilliant ukv for my area at the weekend and a move toward gfs!!no rain at all on the latest run for the midlands just dry warm and sunny!!!temps of 18 degrees!!

33 minutes ago, Roadrunner said:

Good news that. The link up would presumably have produced the high precip totals that were touted 24 hours or so ago on the models. Links in well to the more fragmented showers now showing. As long as it keeps going this way reducing the rainfall run on run I'm all good with that, like Skeikhy! 

Yup also ecm 12z was more fragmented as well!!!ukv 15z keeps me dry!!!

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Hot and Sunny but not opressive

Temps on latest Harmonie run ( last frame ) 

Would have loved to see the next frame. 

73998839-B817-4D23-AEBA-3A5319DBE8D3.png

Edited by Mark wheeler
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Thunderstorms☃⛈

This evening's ECM, GFS and ICON 12z runs with UKV 15z all in agreement for heat this Friday with temps raging from 30-33°C or higher in a few spots.?☀

image.thumb.png.5f26cb515008a602a3154196151e1c9f.pngimage.thumb.png.e52b317107fed4cc0b51e44a9ed17b4a.pngimage.thumb.png.e88d4c4af497384368693cc8024abd2b.pngimage.thumb.png.713909cc5ab0eb0c72fcbb6679ae8919.png 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Thunderstorms☃⛈

ARPEGE still going for 35-36°C for parts of London on Friday threatening the June all time record.

image.thumb.png.b680d400f5db80383cbe5f0fda52d4b5.png

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Wind, Sunny, Warm, Thunderstorms, Snow
12 minutes ago, Iceman2606 said:

ARPEGE still going for 35-36°C for parts of London on Friday threatening the June all time record.

Looks to be 34c around Exeter according  to that chart and our record was 33.5c funnily enough in June 1976 I do believe and historically one of the best summers ever I read so if this happens our all time record temperature goes....We were one of the warmest spots today strangely enough and we never are unless its in winter.

Edited by TwisterGirl81
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and dry, thunderstorms, mild temps (13-22°C).
51 minutes ago, Iceman2606 said:

Poor old Manchester only getting 22 degrees...

Edited by Thundershine
  • Like 1

Posted
6 minutes ago, Thundershine said:

Poor old Manchester only getting 22 degrees...

If Cheshire is 27, no way Manchester is going to be 22. Rochdale maybe.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and dry, thunderstorms, mild temps (13-22°C).
2 minutes ago, Alexis said:

If Cheshire is 27, no way Manchester is going to be 22. Rochdale maybe.

That's what I mean, some odd looking temp gradients there.