Edited by joggs
  • Like 1

Posted
1 minute ago, joggs said:

Mentions colder condition from the norths with snow not just for high ground

Where you seeing it as metoffice still yesterday 

Posted

Nice Metoffice update as below for 05/12 to 14/12

On Monday, showers are likely for many, these heaviest and most frequent in the east and south, perhaps becoming persistent rain at times and possibly wintry over hills. Elsewhere largely cloudy, with drier, sunny spells particularly in the northwest. Continuing through the week, occasional showers are expected, these heaviest and most frequent along eastern coasts with a chance of longer spells of rain for southern UK. Showers may become wintry over higher ground, with a further risk of sleet over lower levels at times. A cold northerly flow is likely to develop, drawing temperatures below average and feeling even colder at times, particularly during fresh winds. This may bring some wintry weather, with an increased risk of overnight frost and perhaps snow showers, not confined to higher ground.

@joggs where is your source as you were calling this update 45 mins before it landed on METOFFICE page.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Bright weather. Warm sunny thundery summers, short cold winters.
1 hour ago, TSNWK said:

On Monday, showers are likely for many, these heaviest and most frequent in the east and south, perhaps becoming persistent rain at times and possibly wintry over hills. Elsewhere largely cloudy, with drier, sunny spells particularly in the northwest. Continuing through the week, occasional showers are expected, these heaviest and most frequent along eastern coasts with a chance of longer spells of rain for southern UK. Showers may become wintry over higher ground, with a further risk of sleet over lower levels at times. A cold northerly flow is likely to develop, drawing temperatures below average and feeling even colder at times, particularly during fresh winds. This may bring some wintry weather, with an increased risk of overnight frost and perhaps snow showers, not confined to higher ground.

@joggs where is your source as you were calling this update 45 mins before it landed on METOFFICE page.

Does look more like a forecast for a cyclonic northerly or NE-ly setup in March or November, rather than winter. I suspect such a setup would have produced widespread snow back in the 80s.

Edited by Summer8906

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Bright weather. Warm sunny thundery summers, short cold winters.

As often happens, an atypical day for the last day of the month.

Still dull first thing, but progressively brighter and sunnier. Cold-ish as well, with wind from the east. Very atypical not only of November but of the autumn as a whole - and quite a contrast to November 1 which featured torrential thundery downpours.

Remarkable, in such an unsettled autumn, to have no UKMO/Ireland/Netherlands named storms yet. Is this a first since naming was introduced?

Edited by Summer8906

Posted
1 hour ago, TSNWK said:

Sorry. Just a rush job earlier. Can't really say where. I get to see them a tad earlier sometimes👍

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow in winter, thunderstorms, warmth, sun any time!

No respite in this warmth up until now, November has had such a high CET relative to average 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

models starting to now pick up the very wet weather due Sun to Tues, hope not as wet as Nov, away from the NW though, washout conditions possible

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: WHITE GOLD

Looks like cold, weather inbound, but you’ve Gotta feel sorry for those in Ukraine with no heating or water because it’s gonna be even colder there. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk
7 minutes ago, Snowy L said:

ECM ready to drop a Jan 5th 2010 on us at the end!

ECMOPEU12_240_1.png_47061196_greatbritainjpg.thumb.jpg.63a7d26df7afd9376981ca388304cd1d.jpg

Ew. That image should be banned. There was hardly anything here.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
10 minutes ago, Mapantz said:

Ew. That image should be banned. There was hardly anything here.

Not bad here, but far from great, especially when SK4 got buried

• Like 1

Posted

On a  more serious not and im flexing my wings a little as i been promoted too rookie (yay). As much as the charts  are awesome  all  of us would love  a winter wonderland the knock on effects to an already  economic  down turn , increasing  energy costs and now nhs strikes on the 15th and 20th we could well find ourselves in a rather serious time . There are already many families and vulnerable people struggling  to keep themselves warm and with energy companies that dont seem too understand the concept of customer service. iI have seen many posts of people without gas or electricity  for up to 3 days  simply because they are no able too contact their energy supplier . Not able to buy food and covid is still with us  even a light dusting of snow can cause grid lock  peoples lives may well be put at risk. its just a thought maybe the winter wonderland isnt what we really need ,  could be some very worrying times ahead. I hope you all can spare a thought for these people which may well include yourself and help where  you can but keeping yourselves  safe .

Peace too all

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Proper winter/Proper summer
4 minutes ago, Noob said:

On a  more serious not and im flexing my wings a little as i been promoted too rookie (yay). As much as the charts  are awesome  all  of us would love  a winter wonderland the knock on effects to an already  economic  down turn , increasing  energy costs and now nhs strikes on the 15th and 20th we could well find ourselves in a rather serious time . There are already many families and vulnerable people struggling  to keep themselves warm and with energy companies that dont seem too understand the concept of customer service. iI have seen many posts of people without gas or electricity  for up to 3 days  simply because they are no able too contact their energy supplier . Not able to buy food and covid is still with us  even a light dusting of snow can cause grid lock  peoples lives may well be put at risk. its just a thought maybe the winter wonderland isnt what we really need ,  could be some very worrying times ahead. I hope you all can spare a thought for these people which may well include yourself and help where  you can but keeping yourselves  safe .

Peace too all

Agree with every word of that but we can’t change the weather. It will do what it wants.

• Like 5

Posted

Oh well goodbye Autumn 2022, never really felt like Autumn for much of the time, the silly mild mid Oct to mid Nov spurred on new growth and gardens are looking like early March right now. Roll on winter 22/23!

Posted

Well for me I loved this Autumn like I loved summer. It was mild so not much over use of the heating until October. We had a lot of sun which really helped me stop getting SAD. I can count SAD days on one hand. It has been my best SAD year so far I have ever had! any rain went quickly and didn't last for days on end. Same for thick cloud over in a day or so. Loved it! Now for a snowy and sunny winter please!

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Very Hot,Very cold.scared of thunder and lightning.

Just put new snow light bulbs in back garden ...

Hope I havnt jinxed anything

A little movement one way or the other and it goes from ho ho,to oh no...

Think tonight's pub run will be exciting.

Standing by to count the towels 😆 🤣 

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
Posted
  • Weather Preferences: thunderstorms and HEAVY snow

Massive flip from me today. Bigger flip than you'll  ever see from the models! 40 years a die hard coldie. Not anymore. Freezing cold at bus stops everyday for a couple of hours getting to care for my dad with dementia.  Disabled daughter with me. House that just doesnt get warm but costs every penny i have trying to heat it. And watching them models 24/7 unable to make their minds up ( yeah, i know, they're  not human!) Is finishing me off. Now! How long is it til the spring thread opens?!

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Not too hot, not too cold
6 hours ago, snowsummer said:

Massive flip from me today. Bigger flip than you'll  ever see from the models! 40 years a die hard coldie. Not anymore. Freezing cold at bus stops everyday for a couple of hours getting to care for my dad with dementia.  Disabled daughter with me. House that just doesnt get warm but costs every penny i have trying to heat it. And watching them models 24/7 unable to make their minds up ( yeah, i know, they're  not human!) Is finishing me off. Now! How long is it til the spring thread opens?!

On 30/11/2022 at 19:45, Noob said:

Peace too all

Yeah I agree. I think less people (even some die hard coldies) will want a cold winter this year. Of course it’s Sod’s law after a decade of mostly mild winters we get a prolonged cold spell. There are signs it will turn a bit milder as we get closer to Xmas. It’s snowing here today, for the first time since about February. ❄️ Temp 1°C. Brrrr.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heat, sun and thunderstorms in summer. Cold sunny days and snow in winter
7 hours ago, snowsummer said:

I am sorry to hear that. Whilst I am personally enjoying this current spell and am happy that for once we are getting something more seasonal, I do appreciate that not everybody feels the same way and my heart goes out to those who are struggling.

Edited by Weather Enthusiast91
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and dry, thunderstorms, mild temps (13-22°C).

There's a big wild apple tree by a stream here in Sheffield that STILL has Apples on it. Is that unusual or not in December? 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and dry, thunderstorms, mild temps (13-22°C).

K, this is an APPLE tree by a stream here, most the Apples have fallen off but a few are still hanging on, and you can see (in this low quality photo) a couple covered in snow LOL.

Could contain: Vegetation, Plant, Woodland, Land, Nature, Outdoors, Tree, Grove, Snow, Winter

• Like 2