Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Storms and Convective discussion - 1st August 2022 onwards

Supacell

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms!

Lovely loud storm here on the Broads!

Sky lighting up and lots of loud crashes I can hear even over my sons fan on his PlayStation 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Spanish plumes & stormy winters. Facebook @ Lance's Lightning Shots

Finally, there are sparks from the channel cells this evening.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and Snowstorms
2 hours ago, Willsy said:

so i thought i’d take a trip down barton on sea to see this storm coming in. as soon as i arrived i could see rotation on the water with the maddest right to left motion the meso was several 100 yards across rapidly spinning with a couple funnels. as it hit land it kept its intensity so i thought i take a look to see if there was any damage in land an to my surprise there was. a farm had been hit and had a major gas leak as it ripped an lpg canister from the ground and the barns were all over the place with corrugated sheet everywhere with a wall taken out, across the road there was an oak tree snapped in half completely and up the tree the on the field had a lot of damage with bare twisted wood all the the way along . i’m actually buzzing in what i just witnessed and probably will never see that again. ive made a short film out of the footage and pictures for everyone to see 

IMG_4148.MOV

This is exceptional footage of large rotation and resulting tornado/waterspout IMO, good job. Have referred your comment to Torro.

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: severe storms,snow wind and ice

Can see the lightning from here plain as day but whether it will reach this far north without dying out is another question,...i will keep you all posted.

• Like 1

Posted

Nasty squall line moving up from the south into my location, lots of CC lightening could get wild here in the next half hour.

LO

Edited by Lincs Observation
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and Thundery, Cold and Snowy

In the words of Reed Timmer, that was an impressive “wind bag” event!! Seeing some decent crawlers to my W, but the main bulk heading for here died out over Cambs! Typical. 

• Like 1

Posted
9 minutes ago, TJS1998Tom said:

oh really? that's impressive when the band of rain is a good distance, unless its all elevated, is it quite frequent or every so often?

Every couple of minutes at least now. The clip is from just now looking South East towards Waddington/Grantham direction. Obviously not quite that close but general direction. 

• Like 3

Posted
7 minutes ago, Allseasons-si said:

Can see the lightning from here plain as day but whether it will reach this far north without dying out is another question,...i will keep you all posted.

I saw I too. Very unusual to be so far away and still see it. Doubt it will be much by the time it gets here.

Posted

Update:

very loud thunder now and lightening increasing probably the worse storm we have had move through in recent years. Squall line hitting us now.

LO

Edited by Lincs Observation

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy Winters, warm stormy spring & sumemr, cool frosty Autumn!

I've seen one or two reports of a tornado in London? Anyone comfirm this? 

Enjoy the storms, not jealous at all! Lol

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything apart from grey days

Does the shape of this central feature signify some rotation or just an odd shaped heavy rain area? That was the feature that I drove through earlier, with significant winds.

image.thumb.png.5ce0b6e1984e2b88ebb2b6838f033af0.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, thunder, hail & heavy snow

Must say that is an impressive line of showers/storms over Eastern UK. Sounds like some of you getting a right show out of some of that lot ⚡

865E239D-409A-4CB4-81C8-EC02F8EE557D.thumb.jpeg.18c00d9d9384a53897d345bbc112a46e.jpeg

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: all weather
18 minutes ago, Ben Sainsbury said:

This is exceptional footage of large rotation and resulting tornado/waterspout IMO, good job. Have referred your comment to Torro.

thanks for referring me. a farm took some bad damage. a large 100 gallon lpg storage tank was ripped from the floor and gas was leaking everywhere. they shut the road as was to dangerous for anyone in the area. i showed the farm owners the footage and said a tornado may have came through 

• Like 8

Posted

Looks like all the energy is exiting the Lincolnshire coast now,game over for this neck of the woods.

• Like 2

Posted
20 minutes ago, Azuremoon2 said:

one or two random strikes around Stafford and Stoke...are they false strikes or is something happening round there too??

Think they are false returns, had strike Runcorn ans SE of Leek earlier, radio not picking any of these sferics up at all.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Supercells, snow, thunder snow, tornadoes

You wouldn't think it's late October! 

Could contain:

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Posted
1 minute ago, Rush2112 said:

Think they are false returns, had strike Runcorn ans SE of Leek earlier, radio not picking any of these sferics up at all.

yea I thought that might be the case, we was always going to be too far west for anything today but was hoping we might get a random popcorn cell or something. Been a very disappointing couple of years up this way tbh for storms...one or two distant thundery showers in August and nothing at all in the summer of 2021....last proper storm we had was Mid August of 2020

• Like 2

Posted

The showers seem to be beefing up on the south coast.

• Like 1