Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Northwest Weather Discussion

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow
4 minutes ago, raul_sbd said:

I think its going to frizzle out before hitting our region.. could b wrong. Actually dark clouds here in Glossopia

Well the west side of it is actually developing to my eye.

• Like 3

Posted
15 minutes ago, Ramp said:

Well the west side of it is actually developing to my eye.

Maybe you are right.. any thoughts on this? Due to hit if it doesn’t frizzle out at around 5.30 pm..

Could contain: Land, Nature, Outdoors, Sea, Water, Peninsula, Shoreline, Coast, Rainforest, Plot

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, frosty nights, thunderstorms and the odd gale

Not a bad day today, some heavy snow/graupel showers early on and a couple around mid morning, but it was then bright for the most part. A lot of the snow cover hanging on, more particularly in shaded areas. Not a big depth, but sufficient to provide a nice crunch under foot. The temp got up to 3.8C, but now dipping under clear skies, a hard frost likely tonight.

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms and other extremes
10 minutes ago, severe snowstorm said:

Not a bad day today, some heavy snow/graupel showers early on and a couple around mid morning, but it was then bright for the most part. A lot of the snow cover hanging on, more particularly in shaded areas. Not a big depth, but sufficient to provide a nice crunch under foot. The temp got up to 3.8C, but now dipping under clear skies, a hard frost likely tonight.

Interestingly, the Metoffice has an overnight low of 2 or 3C here. 

• Like 3

Posted

All quiet in town this afternoon after this morning's chaos with cars & lorries sliding around, it was a quite pleasant walk when out in the sun but it's quickly gone chilly again now it's set. 

Could contain: Outdoors, Nature, Boat, Housing, Countryside, Suburb, House, Car, Rural, Hut

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warm and sunny, thunderstorms, frost, fog, snow, windstorms
1 hour ago, dodge said:

Looks like that's it for the snow chances for awhile...a slow creeping advance of milder conditions for us in the west.... might a cloudy high.  Not the most inspiring stuff weather wise.  Had a few dustings but still way short of my foot fall deep of snow witnessed 3 times between 2009-11... nothings come near it since. 

It’s such a shame. I’m sure we will get big snowfalls again at some point, but the wait between them looks like getting longer.

• Like 6

Posted
1 minute ago, SNOW_JOKE said:

All quiet in town this afternoon after this morning's chaos with cars & lorries sliding around, it was a quite pleasant walk when out in the sun but it's quickly gone chilly again now it's set. 

Could contain: Outdoors, Nature, Boat, Housing, Countryside, Suburb, House, Car, Rural, Hut

Beautiful picture!! 

• Like 6

Posted
48 minutes ago, raul_sbd said:

Maybe you are right.. any thoughts on this? Due to hit if it doesn’t frizzle out at around 5.30 pm..

Could contain: Land, Nature, Outdoors, Sea, Water, Peninsula, Shoreline, Coast, Rainforest, Plot

To me it looks like it’s weakening in the most recent radar frames. I’d be very surprised if it comes to anything. 

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, frosty nights, thunderstorms and the odd gale
1 hour ago, CreweCold said:

Interestingly, the Metoffice has an overnight low of 2 or 3C here. 

Seems hard to believe with clear spells and lightish winds, unless some cloud is expected. Automated forecast going for a low of 1C here, but a hard frost predicted in the text forecast. 

• Like 4

Posted
2 minutes ago, Joe Bloggs said:

Don’t torture yourselves 😂. It’s weakening to barely anything 

It will get here 😂😂😂

• Like 7

Posted

-1c torrential rain has turned to snow here… very wet large flakes ❄️🙌🏻🥳

had to gauge radar over here… very vague but  second evening that’s it’s snowing Bonus… ❄️🥳🙌🏻❄️

Edited by WillinGlossop
  • Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

As already mentioned, a rapidly weakening area of something is heading south and practically knocking on the door of here.

will it gives us anything, I reckon I’ll know within the next half hour or so but in this part of the country, even cloud is rare from that direction.

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer
19 minutes ago, Ramp said:

Rapidly weakening 😭

Aye and with the slightest eastwards track meaning that I managed about a half dozen flakes as it headed south over the Calder Valley instead😫

it wasn’t a full on let down but I’d at hoped for a couple of minutes with a sky full of snow

maybe next time🤞

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: All

Just watching my last flakes go by.

Like @iand61 said, almost countable on one hand.

• Like 6

Posted
3 minutes ago, captaincroc said:

I never would have thought that the snow this morning would be so much. Weirdly Nantwich had considerably more than Crewe so went for a walk round there instead. Some places were untouched with the snow in the trees until midday etc...other places on the walk it had melted in certain areas. Both gave beautiful views.

Could contain: Scenery, Nature, Outdoors, Waterfront, Water, Bench, Furniture, Lake, LakefrontCould contain: Tree, Plant, Weather, Outdoors, Nature, Scenery, Sky, Ice, GroundCould contain: Sky, Nature, Outdoors, Weather, Scenery, Tree, Horizon, Vegetation, Ground, IceCould contain: Weather, Nature, Outdoors, Ice, Scenery, Tree, Bird, Frost, Snow, WinterCould contain: Sky, Nature, Outdoors, Scenery, Weather, Cloud, Ice, Sun, Landscape, WaterCould contain: Scenery, Outdoors, Nature, Sky, Land, Sunlight, Pond, Weather, Flare, IceCould contain: Suburb, Car, Vehicle, Transportation, Outdoors, Wheel, Machine, Nature, Plant, NeighborhoodCould contain: Weather, Outdoors, Nature, Ice, Frost, Snow, GraveyardCould contain: Canal, Outdoors, Water, Scenery, Nature, Ice, Path, Tree, Vegetation, PersonCould contain: Cap, Hat, Coat, Beanie, Person, Man, Adult, Male, Portrait, Jacket

Gorgeous as always. 

The snows alright as well 😘😂😂😂😂

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Posted
25 minutes ago, iand61 said:

Aye and with the slightest eastwards track meaning that I managed about a half dozen flakes as it headed south over the Calder Valley instead😫

it wasn’t a full on let down but I’d at hoped for a couple of minutes with a sky full of snow

maybe next time🤞

We seem to live on scraps these days, we need a cold convective easterly.

Raining 😂

• Like 4

Posted

Properly snowy now… more than last nights offerings… looks like an exploded shaving foam or fire extinguisher again… -1c… meant to be -6c next few mornings… 

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: All
3 minutes ago, WillinGlossop said:

Properly snowy now… more than last nights offerings… looks like an exploded shaving foam or fire extinguisher again… -1c… meant to be -6c next few mornings… 

Let's do, Whats for tea.

Slw cooker Beef curry 

Could contain: Curry, Food, Spoon, Cutlery, Meal

• Like 8

Posted

Just run the ecm through the next 10 days on meteociel - could it be anymore boring ☹️

• Like 4