Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Northwest Weather Discussion

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

Not sure whether we’ve had a dusting on the cars or if it’s just frost but most of the stuff that fell in the early hours of Wednesday is still intact up here, especially in the shade.

I’m not really expecting any more from this spell apart from maybe an odd flurry but 🤞🤞🤞

• Like 2

Posted
11 minutes ago, Weather-history said:

Local newspaper reports from early February 1996 snow event....they were the days....

First Telegraph weather forecasts

6ie1tH3.jpgKVNEFHi.jpg

Liverpool Echo

Could contain: Newspaper, Text, Person, Handbag, Bag, Accessories, Publication, QR CodedUyQx1N.jpgVXxm9gh.jpgsZ6ufK1.jpgp6L1nt4.jpg

jtbop2W.jpgtbmM6wc.jpg

Runcorn

K0PbrJ3.jpgRdTfB5E.jpg

Accrington

auie48w.jpgjIZsQl5.jpg

Ormskirk

3uwDlnZ.jpg

Crosby

qJjhlzk.jpgd0Z3Iqr.jpg

Southport

9nIsFyF.jpgqzeURN9.jpg

Chester

FzoZkRx.jpg

Amazing! Do you remember if this was the event that brought Manchester snow?? Got a feeling it was late January for Manc from an easterly or maybe this one I don't know!  This current one could be one for the album if radar checks out. Jan 10 the best I can remember in my nearly 60 years in this wonderful city. If I d been 10 years older I would remember 63, England world cup qnd could have been a mod! Damn it!!!😁

• Like 2

Posted
4 minutes ago, Rob 79812010 said:

Amazing! Do you remember if this was the event that brought Manchester snow?? Got a feeling it was late January for Manc from an easterly or maybe this one I don't know!  This current one could be one for the album if radar checks out. Jan 10 the best I can remember in my nearly 60 years in this wonderful city. If I d been 10 years older I would remember 63, England world cup qnd could have been a mod! Damn it!!!😁

That was the stalling occlusion event of early February that affected a huge area if not all of the region 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms and other extremes

Steering winds seem to be veering more NW again behind that lot that pushed through N Cheshire. Sod’s Law it’ll become too marginal once I get some sustained precipitation.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy weather

Woke up to a very light dusting

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, frost, storms

Slightest dusting here this morning. I suspect we won’t have anything more to come, as the real action seems to be south of me. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer
13 minutes ago, Rob 79812010 said:

It was mainly coastal with places like Blackpool having their heaviest falls for years but up here in the Pennines we had a decent fall of about 6 inches so I expect Manchester would have had something.

the main reason I remember it was that we have moved into a new house the week before and i remember my first attempt at clearing snow off the drive.

done it many times since.

• Like 2

Posted

Ooooh lovely jubbly, white over again.  Pavements and untreated roads turned to ice last night, will be walking to work in my hiking boots, need that extra bit of grip.  So pretty to see and for some, there's more on the way, East Cheshire on the cusp of another shower.  Take care if out and about, especially if you're driving.

• Like 2

Posted
11 minutes ago, iand61 said:

It was mainly coastal with places like Blackpool having their heaviest falls for years but up here in the Pennines we had a decent fall of about 6 inches so I expect Manchester would have had something.

the main reason I remember it was that we have moved into a new house the week before and i remember my first attempt at clearing snow off the drive.

done it many times since.

Yes I must have been this one. Always thought it was from an easterly but now realise that wasn't the case. That volume doesn't come from an easterly this side of pennines. Think 2018 brought 3 to Manc from the  beast bit that's exceptional and all within a couple of hours. Only time I remember powder snow. Minus 5 at time

9 minutes ago, Rob 79812010 said:

Yes I must have been this one. Always thought it was from an easterly but now realise that wasn't the case. That volume doesn't come from an easterly this side of pennines. Think 2018 brought 3 to Manc from the  beast bit that's exceptional and all within a couple of hours. Only time I remember powder snow. Minus 5 at time

Meant 3 inches

• Like 2

Posted
Just now, Rob 79812010 said:

Both, Manchester did well for an easterly and then came the stalling front. I remember walking in ankle deep snow that Saturday morning of the late January easterly which I have never known for an easterly for here. 

• Like 1

Posted
15 minutes ago, Weather-history said:

Both, Manchester did well for an easterly and then came the stalling front. I remember walking in ankle deep snow that Saturday morning of the late January easterly which I have never known for an easterly for here. 

Thanks for that. Great to have clarity

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: All

Virgin, Cathays and Etihad all in hold over Peak District whilst snow is cleared off Manchester Airport runway. 

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat, thunderstorms and winter snow

Coming down with light-moderate snow again fine flakes about a 2cm covering on the ground. 

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Storms, Extreme Weather

Snow falling here this morning with more intensity and it being all snow. What time are we expecting temps to make it more marginal?

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snowy winters,warm summers and Storms
1 hour ago, Kasim Awan said:

Northwich in for a good 3-4cm next hour.

Don't think so showers now passing to the south of Northwich.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Looks like a complete bore fest for the next 10 days so enjoy the snow.