Northwest Weather Discussion

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snowy winters,warm summers and Storms
18 minutes ago, Kasim Awan said:

Last time the whole region had a snow event was about 50 years ago lmao

2010 must have been very close.

• Like 7

Posted

Nothing more than a light dusting overnight here, must have cleared up though as all frozen solid. Nice to look at I suppose. Certainly beats the usual conveyor belt of mild, damp & drizzly dross we usually get served up.

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Looks like 6am until 9am tomorrow is the next chance of a dusting. 

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, icy, snowy etc

-1°C here currently 

Temps dropped to -7°C overnight 😯

It's white over here with some light snow overnight...

Could contain: Neighborhood, Spoke, Machine, Car, Vehicle, Alloy Wheel, Wheel, Suburb, Housing, House

Could contain: Weather, Outdoors, Nature, Ice, Car, City, Tree, Neighborhood, Frost, Fir

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy weather

That wind is bitterly cold 🥶

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snowy winters,warm summers and Storms

2.5cm of snow overnight melting rapidly now but it was a good night possibility of a few more snow showers tonight.

• Like 5

Posted

It's 11:30am now and I'm surprised by the slowness of the thaw. I expected it to disappear in the sun literally instantly...that is happening. But, out of the sun and in frost hollows etc it hasn't started melting yet, which is bonkers.  I was expecting it all gone today but could hang about a few days? Especially if we get a cold night tonight?

• Like 4

Posted
8 minutes ago, captaincroc said:

It's 11:30am now and I'm surprised by the slowness of the thaw. I expected it to disappear in the sun literally instantly...that is happening. But, out of the sun and in frost hollows etc it hasn't started melting yet, which is bonkers.  I was expecting it all gone today but could hang about a few days? Especially if we get a cold night tonight?

Just a January thing. In 2 week's time the same amount will have melted.

• Like 4

Posted

A fairly typical 'snow day' here in the High Peak with enough snow fallen overnight to have covered all the surfaces under a good 2cm of the white-stuff, but nothing that's accumulated into drifts or caused too many problems. It's mostly the ice which is causing the majority of issues on the local roads (given the trains aren't running between Buxton & Hazel Grove due to railway-bridge works here at Whaley) but it seems the council are at least putting grit down as much as they can.

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Storms, Extreme Weather

I was surprised to awaken after the sleet/ice to see the snow had stuck around in most shaded spots today. We may see cover for the whole day. I was also surprised to see it whiteover from Nantwich all the way to Birmingham on the M6, the showers must have been extensive last night.

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: very cold frosty days, blizzards, warm weather not too hot, floods, storms

Supposed to be a sunny day today according to met O office forecast, seems the clouds rolling in now. 

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.

Most of the snow has rapidly melted now, so my guess is any showers will be of rain/sleet or hail today due to higher dew points. 

• Like 2

Posted

Lookslike Home managed a dusting to 1cm snow overnight… on cameras…

might have wintry showers tonight here and possibly something more substantial tomorrow night… ❄️❄️❄️ I’d be surprised if it snowed here… 

Could contain: Text, Page

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, frosty nights, thunderstorms and the odd gale

Hail shower passing through here now, 4.7C. There has been partial melt of snow cover, but still quite a bit of it intact here. 

• Like 3

Just now, raul_sbd said:

How is it looking for tonight/early morning tomorrow? what are your thoughts @Kasim Awan man

models going for a streamer early hours. may miss us to the south again. where it hits 3-6cms poss. not trying to predict its location - will just say anywhere between blackburn and stoke at risk. not much outside the streamer few rouge showers.

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow
4 minutes ago, Kasim Awan said:

models going for a streamer early hours. may miss us to the south again. where it hits 3-6cms poss. not trying to predict its location - will just say anywhere between blackburn and stoke at risk. not much outside the streamer few rouge showers.

Thanks for your input @Kasim Awan always great!! hopefully the streamer decides being bit on the northern side.. officially got 0.6mm last night haha

3.3c DP 1.2c

• Like 5