Thunder?
Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

Summer 2023 chat

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: despite my username, I like warm weather :)

As for the weather here, this week is going to be kind of a bittersweet one. We somehow got lucky and August has managed to pull itself together and bring some summery weather. (The first 4 days of the month were crap, then we had a short hot spell on the 6th-7th, followed by a few more days of mediocre but useable weather, and now since the weekend the weather has been good. This whole week is forecasted to be warm (25-32C), which I am very happy about, but it looksslike it will be the last hurray. After this all the models show a nose dive into cooler temps. Last 2 Septembers have been very cool here, so I'm afraid we might go down the same path again. Also we are rapidly losing daylight and I have started to notice more yellow/brown leaves on the ground, so autumn is not far away.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...
46 minutes ago, Alderc 2.0 said:

Your location has been exceptionally lucky this summer. It’s 17C and drizzling here. 

Given the crap many have had to endure, we have been lucky indeed, but that hasn't always been the case: the first week or so of June was horrible. 🥶

• Like 3

Posted
5 hours ago, stainesbloke said:

Makes you wonder what we’re gonna get in actual November 

Probably 2 months (October and November) of bright sunshine, with warm days and cold nights, like we should of had in sping

1 minute ago, IcySpicy said:

As for the weather here, this week is going to be kind of a bittersweet one. We somehow got lucky and August has managed to pull itself together and bring some summery weather. (The first 4 days of the month were crap, then we had a short hot spell on the 6th-7th, followed by a few more days of mediocre but useable weather, and now since the weekend the weather has been good. This whole week is forecasted to be warm (25-32C), which I am very happy about, but it looksslike it will be the last hurray. After this all the models show a nose dive into cooler temps. Last 2 Septembers have been very cool here, so I'm afraid we might go down the same path again. Also we are rapidly losing daylight and I have started to notice more yellow/brown leaves on the ground, so autumn is not far away.

September 2021 was very warm, in fact the 2nd hottest on record

Edited by baddie
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: BWh

Something I've been wondering about for a while now, I wonder if these exact same conditions will persist into Spring? I keep getting the awful feeling that the rest of summer, autumn and winter will just be one monotonous extension of what we've already had; mild-to-cool and wet, and rarely anything else. Just six months straight of nothing exciting weather wise, nothing usable and everyone feels shortchanged.

I do believe the upcoming winter will be significantly warmer than average which usually translates into cloud and wet, autumn will likely also be mild and wet with some Atlantic windstorms. It just feels like we're stuck with this exact same weather until the back end of winter now.

Edited by razorgrain
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and dry, thunderstorms, mild temps (13-22°C).

Appalling trash weather here today, gusty winds and sideways drizzle like a bad day in October.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: cold and snowy. Summer: hot and sunny

Posted
2 minutes ago, danm said:

Screenshot2023-08-14at15_04_10.thumb.png.4c2dad9a6a3fb0bdf614714fed134c8a.png

Screenshot2023-08-14at15_04_22.thumb.png.734877c63fbee18f933dbb17b01379f1.png

Screenshot2023-08-14at15_04_40.thumb.png.5b46b28dfd650ff0e5ff41e723da528f.png

Screenshot2023-08-14at15_04_55.thumb.png.f3a21f5da150411738bd93246067f849.png

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines
24 minutes ago, baddie said:

Probably 2 months (October and November) of bright sunshine, with warm days and cold nights, like we should of had in sping

I’d be very happy with that. Some seasonal mist and fog would be lovely too

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow
Just now, Summer of 95 said:
640px-Hanoi_Skyline_-_NKS.jpg
EN.WIKIPEDIA.ORG

Check out the climate in winter there. It's shockingly cool and dull for that latitude (Feb and Mar are duller on average than here!)

🤦‍♂️ i never knew that.

Posted
45 minutes ago, razorgrain said:

Something I've been wondering about for a while now, I wonder if these exact same conditions will persist into Spring? I keep getting the awful feeling that the rest of summer, autumn and winter will just be one monotonous extension of what we've already had; mild-to-cool and wet, and rarely anything else. Just six months straight of nothing exciting weather wise, nothing usable and everyone feels shortchanged.

I do believe the upcoming winter will be significantly warmer than average which usually translates into cloud and wet, autumn will likely also be mild and wet with some Atlantic windstorms. It just feels like we're stuck with this exact same weather until the back end of winter now.

If the synoptics of the past few weeks held sway through the winter, expect quite a wintry one, with rain, sleet and snow all thrown in the mix and heavy amounts given the southerly tracking jet. North- South temp gradients, cold in the north for much of the time.

Edited by damianslaw
  • Like 2
  • Insightful 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal (but not excessive heat); love cold winters!
44 minutes ago, razorgrain said:

Now that really would be awful...some seasonality would be very welcome! Otherwise monotony is indeed the word...I'd love a cold winter personally, but they're few and far between these days, it seems.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy winters, mild/warm summers and varied shoulder seasons
59 minutes ago, razorgrain said:

Something I've been wondering about for a while now, I wonder if these exact same will persist into Spring? I keep getting the awful feeling that the rest of summer, and winter will just be one monotonous extension of what we've already had; mild-to-cool and wet, and anything else. Just six straight of nothing exciting weather wise, nothing usable and everyone feels shortchanged.

I do believe the upcoming winter will be warmer than average which usually translates into cloud and wet, autumn will likely also be mild and wet with some Atlantic windstorms. It just feels like we're stuck with this exact same weather until the back end of winter now.

That scenario sounds like Oct 19-Mar 20. 5 months of horrid weather with endless rain. 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.
2 hours ago, *Stormforce~beka* said:

Bloody better do!!!

A UK high at any time of the year is lovely as long as it's not filled with cloud!

Spring - pleasantly warm and sunny, cool nights

Summer - hot and sunny but not excessively so

Autumn - warm to cool and sunny with misty/foggy mornings

Winter - cold and frosty and sunny or foggy

• Like 7

Posted
2 hours ago, Catbrainz said:

Charts are showing a big low stalling out in the Atlantic west of Ireland for the next week. Wonder if we could get a rather tropical feeling muggy and humid spell with southerlies and the wet ground 

No thanks. We need a dry heat with clear blue skies.

All this cloud cover makes for very boring weather.

2 minutes ago, MP-R said:

A UK high at any time of the year is lovely as long as it's not filled with cloud!

Spring - pleasantly warm and sunny, cool nights

Summer - hot and sunny but not excessively so

Autumn - warm to cool and sunny with misty/foggy mornings

Winter - cold and frosty and sunny or foggy

Would love the autumn and winter to be dry and cool. 

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Whatever Mother Nature cares to throw my way

Finally I can see the clearance out west after a solid 16hrs of persistent heavy rain 
Hopefully 3 days of decent weather now until Friday's carnage arrives.

Edited by StingJet
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.
2 hours ago, johncam said:

2 nice days on the trot , I am shocked 😛

Proper beach weather here, sitting down in the sun watching people flying kites. Perfect.

Edited by alexisj9
  • Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.
2 hours ago, *Stormforce~beka* said:

What you got planned sweet?

I really think I need to move to your part of the country! When did you last see snow? ...

Oh F orf LOL

In 2021, it was down for a week, had a top up day before a rainy thore

• Like 1

Posted

The cold and wet summer continues. Another abysmal day, barely scraped 15c and very heavy persistent rain.

Definitely the worst of this century here, now surpassed 2012.

I can't remember a summer as bad as this and I'm 60!

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold

Will be like this in November December Jan and Feb like will be like 4-8 degrees with rain and no snow.. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Enjoy the weather, you can't take it with you 😎
9 minutes ago, Airedalejoe said:

The cold and wet summer continues. Another abysmal day, barely scraped 15c and very heavy persistent rain.

Definitely the worst of this century here, now surpassed 2012.

I can't remember a summer as bad as this and I'm 60!

There’s some on here who think summers been great.. not sure what planet there on 🤣

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Enjoy the weather, you can't take it with you 😎

Won’t belong now to the season of mellow mists and fruitfulness. Spring and Autumn my two favourite seasons 😊

Posted

Been a grotty day today. Some sunshine earlier, but lots of cloud and quite damp since. 

The rest of the week looking much better thankfully. 

Posted
26 minutes ago, ANYWEATHER said:

Won’t belong now to the season of mellow mists and fruitfulness. Spring and Autumn my two favourite seasons 😊

Don't you mean, rain, wind, cold and cloudy, same as this summer ☹️ 

• Like 2