Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Summer 2023 chat

Posted

Looking at the things. it does look like the last few days of April may bring us some warmth. But reminds me of the past  where we have gotten close to the date and it ends up a one day wonder and all the hype surrounding it comes to nothing 

Edited by weatherguru14

Posted
5 minutes ago, Alderc said:

Thank goodness, need it to warm up! 

Warming up is one thing, fearsome heat is another!!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.
5 minutes ago, Don said:

Don't fear it then. Embrace it while it lasts, as by autumn we'll be back to the usual cack. 

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Basically intresting weather,cold,windy you name it

We certainly do not want a repeat of the 40c temps of last year, that cost the economy hundreds of millions.

Posted
42 minutes ago, MP-R said:

Don't fear it then. Embrace it while it lasts, as by autumn we'll be back to the usual cack. 

You cannot embrace something you despise!!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.
6 minutes ago, Don said:

I've had to do it with cold and even more so, wet. It can be done.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, MP-R said:

I've had to do it with cold and even more so, wet. It can be done.

Yup, that’s it, the same old thing the heat lasts for a day of two we have to put up with months of unusable weather, not to mention the darkness.

Posted
5 minutes ago, Alderc said:

Yup, that’s it, the same old thing the heat lasts for a day of two we have to put up with months of unusable weather, not to mention the darkness.

Last Summer was great, because most of time it was a dry heat, by norm UK standards. More of the same please for Summer 2023😎😎.

Edited by Bristle Si
  • Like 3

Posted
1 hour ago, Don said:

Oh stop. We need some warmth now. 

6 minutes ago, Bristle Si said:

Last Summer was great, because most of time it was a dry heat, by norm UK standards. More of the same please for Summer 2023😎😎.

Last summer and 2018 were lovely. More of the same please.

34 minutes ago, Don said:

But, we are forced to tolerate longer periods of colder weather during the year. The heat lovers need to enjoy it guilt free between late April and September.

Posted
56 minutes ago, markyo said:

We certainly do not want a repeat of the 40c temps of last year, that cost the economy hundreds of millions.

Nobody is saying 40c, but most of us do want 25-30c days for a few weeks at a time. 

1 hour ago, MP-R said:

In some recent summers, autumn was the order of the day. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Are we arguing over weather that hasn't happened yet? I guess it's a British thing! 😁

Edit: Meanwhile, yesterday's and this morning's broad expanse of seamless blue has been replaced by a similarly seamless skein of grey! 😱

Edited by Methuselah
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms and other extremes

I take it these people wanting 40c heat have aircon at home/in the office/can take time off work/don’t have to walk about anywhere during the hottest part of the day?

Stifling heat is a hell of a lot different to cold. The majority of people have methods of heating, most people don’t have air conditioning.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 5

Posted
Just now, CreweCold said:

I take it these people wanting 40c heat have aircon at home/in the office/can take time off work/don’t have to walk about anywhere during the hottest part of the day?

Stifling heat is a hell of a lot different to cold. The majority of people have methods of heating, most people don’t have air conditioning.

Agree .. I don't want anything over 32c thanks!

1 hour ago, Don said:

Agree

• Thanks 1

Posted
25 minutes ago, Sunny76 said:

Oh stop. We need some warmth now. 

Last summer and 2018 were lovely. More of the same please.

But, we are forced to tolerate longer periods of colder weather during the year. The heat lovers need to enjoy it guilt free between late April and September.

I didn't say we didn't need warmth though did I, where did I say that?!  Also, cold weather lovers were guilt tripped during the winter.  As I keep saying, it is wrong to guilt trip one's weather preference be it cold, hot, wet, windy, thundery and so forth.  That said, we are also entitled to talk about weather types we don't like as you have been doing for the last few months.

Edited by Don
  • Like 3

Posted
1 hour ago, MP-R said:

I won't be embracing 40c! I have school run to do in the middle of that heat. My poor youngest had heat exhaustion last year and a high temperature after school. I wouldn't mind as much if we could lock down and didn't have to go out!! Schools are cruel

36 minutes ago, Alderc said:

But there is stupidity though. 30c is nice and warm enough without baking to death that you feel ill!

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...
4 minutes ago, CreweCold said:

And money to burn! 😁

Posted

It's not going to be 40C all the time. Like any summer the odd "heatwave" can not be ruled out, the lack of them can't be ruled out either. No point in expecting anything other than average and then seeing how it plays out after the event.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I’d be happy if didn’t get a single day over 30C if everyday for summer was 27/28C that would be awesome, but it won’t so will take as high temps as possible to compensate for all the dross we’ll get. 

PS the 13th june enigma will fall this year. 

Posted
47 minutes ago, CreweCold said:

There’s quite a few who don’t like feeling cold all the time.

Nobody wants 40c, but most people do enjoy some hot sunny weather during the summer months or warmer time of the year.

8 minutes ago, Alderc said:

I’d be happy if didn’t get a single day over 30C if everyday for summer was 27/28C that would be awesome, but it won’t so will take as high temps as possible to compensate for all the dross we’ll get. 

PS the 13th june enigma will fall this year. 

Yeah, if we can’t have a mid to high 20s, then give me the heat over weeks of 20c and cloudy conditions, which in my opinion isn’t summer.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted
46 minutes ago, Don said:

I didn't say we didn't need warmth though did I, where did I say that?!  Also, cold weather lovers were guilt tripped during the winter.  As I keep saying, it is wrong to guilt trip one's weather preference be it cold, hot, wet, windy, thundery and so forth.  That said, we are also entitled to talk about weather types we don't like as you have been doing for the last few months.

Anytime people say they can’t wait for the heat, you exaggerate and claim we all want ‘furnace’ like conditions. 27-30c is the sweet spot for me.

• Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms and other extremes
1 minute ago, Sunny76 said:

Anytime people say they can’t wait for the heat, you exaggerate and claim we all want ‘furnace’ like conditions. 27-30c is the sweet spot for me.

Trouble is, if we get heat this summer it’ll likely be in the way of heat spikes. You can tell just by looking at the furnace conditions already building down towards Spain in the modelling. 25-30C is fine, 40C is not.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Posted
1 minute ago, CreweCold said:

Trouble is, if we get heat this summer it’ll likely be in the way of heat spikes. You can tell just by looking at the furnace conditions already building down towards Spain in the modelling. 25-30C is fine, 40C is not.

But, why worry about something that may not happen. 40c is still unlikely.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: cold and snowy. Summer: hot and sunny

I love the heat, but wouldn't want it to frequently get up to 40c. A day or so is fine to break a record or just experience something extreme for a brief period. However, you can't really do much when it gets that hot. Forget going to the park with the kids, or sitting out in a beer garden. You basically have to sit indoors with all of the curtains drawn or in an air conditioned office. 

However, give me the rest of last summer any day of the week. It was frequently between 25c and 32/33c, which is perfect territory. It was also dry heat much of the time, which is far more bearable than heat with high humidity. 

As others have said, we get 6 months of cack weather every year. Looking forward to summer sunshine and heat is perfectly fine. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted
8 minutes ago, Sunny76 said:

Again, not true.  I really cannot see where you're coming from with this?!!  I've mentioned the possibility of very high temperatures this summer recently due to the intense early heat building over Iberia and this happened last year, albeit not as early.  However, if that's the way you feel about my posts, please put me on your ignore list and I mean that in the nicest possible way without any hard feelings! ☺️

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

After 6 months of generally dark, depressing, unhealthy vileness, it’s quite normal to want something warmer and sunnier. We’re not bats, and sunshine is very healthy in the right doses. The few days of heat we normally get in the UK really don’t justify all the melodrama on here. 
Personally speaking, 40°C wasn’t fun at all but if summer could be around 23-28°C every day then it’d be perfect. And if we could add 800-1000 more hours of sunshine annually, the UK climate would actually be pretty good 😊 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1