Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Model Output Discussion - A cold start to Spring?

Message added by Paul,

Please keep your posts to discussing the model output in this thread, and for more general winter weather chat please use the Spring chat, moans and ramps thread.

The model highlights thread is also available for a more concise view of the model discussions. 

Be kind -- Stay on topic -- Share your knowledge -- Be polite -- Be honest -- Be tolerant -- Be family-friendly

Posted
1 minute ago, Ali1977 said:

By Thursday morning the snow starts again down south 

Could contain: Chart, Plot, Map, Atlas, Diagram, Nature, Outdoors

If this happens it’s a shutdown day for schools etc Thursday in many areas 

1 minute ago, goosey007 said:

Including rain yeah Tim ?!

Nope, snow and grupal - see under date and time stamp. You can select all precip if you like 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Posted
1 minute ago, Tim Bland said:

I think that’s already guaranteed , lots of them !! 

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm and dry, or very cold. See my profile for model trivia
9 minutes ago, Allseasons-si said:

Harmonie vs the latest radar and again the short range models are struggling with the NE extent of the ppn.

this for 10pm.

Could contain: Chart, Plot, Map, Atlas, Diagram, Outdoors, Nature, Rainforest, Tree, VegetationCould contain: Chart, Plot, Map, Atlas, Diagram, Nature, Outdoors, Sea, Water

a lot could have surprise snow fall on there dorstep in the morning.

Meteociel strikes again... the times it shows in the top left are in French time, 1 hour ahead of us, so that chart is for 9pm 😅

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted
1 minute ago, RainAllNight said:

Meteociel strikes again... the times it shows in the top left are in French time, 1 hour ahead of us, so that chart is for 9pm 😅

So all time stamps on Meteociel are for French time so an hour out? Never knew that!? 

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: severe storms,snow wind and ice
3 minutes ago, RainAllNight said:

Thanks

still behind the curve even at 9pm😊

• Like 3

Posted
3 minutes ago, MattStoke said:

No move south or north from the Arpege for Thursday, people will be glad to hear 😉

Except us Cabbies who have got a Birmingham Airport pick up tomoz night, and 4 Manchester Airport jobs Thurs 🤣

• Like 3

Posted

Arpege is outrageous by Friday morning now as the snow comes south 

Could contain: Chart, Plot, Map, Atlas, Diagram, Plant, Vegetation, Outdoors, Rainforest, Tree

Could contain: Chart, Plot, Map, Atlas, Diagram, Outdoors, Nature

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3
  • Insightful 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm and dry, or very cold. See my profile for model trivia
3 minutes ago, Tim Bland said:

So all time stamps on Meteociel are for French time so an hour out? Never knew that!? 

The blue ones are yeah. You can tell by looking at the run time in the top right which is in UTC/GMT, and adding the number of hours that is shown in brackets e.g. (+3h)

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Blizzards in winter Hot and sunny in summer...other is simply boring!!
10 minutes ago, Tim Bland said:

Nope, snow and grupal - see under date and time stamp. You can select all precip if you like 

So that says 40cm for my location cannot be correct there would Amber warning ⚠️ out by now surely ……odd

• Like 4

Posted
52 minutes ago, damianslaw said:

Heads up, I think we may trial a snow watch thread tomorrow - this will free this thread up somewhat from posts speculating on amounts of snow, what the models are showing for their backyard for snow. It has been an exceptionally trying day for moderators in here in this respect. Tomorrow may see this thread return to some nearer normality..

Please do👍

• Like 4

Posted
2 minutes ago, goosey007 said:

So that says 40cm for my location cannot be correct there would Amber warning ⚠️ out by now surely ……odd

I’m pretty sure it’ll happen before the heavier stuff tomorrow afternoon , Ian Ferguson mentioned it in his forecast that they could go Amber if certain areas look like getting hit harder 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but boringly hot

Not liking this 18z longer term. The sysyems barell through quicker from Thursday out West & mobility returns with the trop PV largely returning to normal play. 12z had it slightly disorganised towards the end of the run, not sure where this will go.

Can we eek out a Scandi High before months end? Enjoy the radars & the white stuff this week those lucky enough to see it

Could contain: Chart, Plot, Food, Ketchup

• Like 5

Posted

Well.... the 18z arome is very good for tonight, tommorow and actually Thursday/Friday for my location. 

I've kept quiet recently and waited for the cold and snow to be upon us before posting.

there is a 50 mile correction north on most models tonight. The met office is giving a good 18 hours of snow for central England over the next 24.

it goes without saying that Thursday/Friday is not out of the question and will come down to the track of the 2 inbound low pressure before it can be pinpointed further and track forecast improved

as expected lots of chops and changes down to the last hour, so take it as it comes and watch that lamppost.

most importantly enjoy 😉 

Edited by Justin1705
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow
8 minutes ago, Ali1977 said:

Arpege is outrageous by Friday morning now as the snow comes south 

Could contain: Chart, Plot, Map, Atlas, Diagram, Plant, Vegetation, Outdoors, Rainforest, Tree

Could contain: Chart, Plot, Map, Atlas, Diagram, Outdoors, Nature

I'm on that tiny white bit in East Anglia. 🤣

• Like 8

Posted
7 minutes ago, goosey007 said:

It all comes down to certainty, right now it's still along way out in forecast terms. Check back tommorow and if charts stay the the same or improve( for snow) then expect amber maybe even red warnings of over a foot over snow is modelled from 3 Atlantic weather systems in 3 days.... wouldn't be suprised

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted
3 minutes ago, geordiekev said:

Not liking this 18z longer term. The sysyems barell through quicker from Thursday out West & mobility returns with the trop PV largely returning to normal play. 12z had it slightly disorganised towards the end of the run, not sure where this will go.

Can we eek out a Scandi High before months end? Enjoy the radars & the white stuff this week those lucky enough to see it

Could contain: Chart, Plot, Food, Ketchup

Scandinavian Highs are as rare as Rocking horse poo, yet they are seemingly mentioned wished for hopecasted several times daily in this thread, do you know the last time there was such a feature? I don't suspect several years ago

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: severe storms,snow wind and ice

Up here looks good for keeping the cold weather going out to the weekend but even the south look to be back in the cold weather by the weekend.

Could contain: ChartCould contain: Chart

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow -20 would be nice :)

18z UKMO HD for tomorrow evening 

Could contain: Chart, Plot, Map, Atlas, Diagram, Nature, Outdoors, Sea, Water

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

ARPEGE snow chart:  Warning: does not represent the final layer on the ground, does not take into account settlement, melting.

• Like 6
  • Insightful 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but boringly hot
9 minutes ago, near northampton said:

Scandinavian Highs are as rare as Rocking horse poo, yet they are seemingly mentioned wished for hopecasted several times daily in this thread, do you know the last time there was such a feature? I don't suspect several years ago

Not sure, prob only the 3rd time I've mentioned in my time here, as often don't verify or aid us. Seems the model ahead of the chart I posted wants to agree though & is poss next point of interest 

Could contain: Chart, Plot, Art, Modern Art, Person, Face, Head, Map

Edited by geordiekev
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy winter, Hot Summer

Probably not for the model thread but judging by todays posts its a temporary free for all:

Forgetting the North / South extent of any precipitation what you really don't want in this spell is daytime clearing skies.

Some snow cover this morning in Wrexham - quickly melted. Sun felt strong, warm even at 11am.

An off-topic post, but something to consider next few days.

• Like 3