Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

April 2023 C.E.T. and EWP contests

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: WINTERS WITH HEAVY DISRUPTIVE SNOWFALL AVRAGE SPRING HOT SUMMERS.

Sadly i can't see April be warm this year I think April will be quite cold and wet to boot. I'm going temp 7.1C and precipitation 95MM.  Thank You.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: wintry

7.5 and 75 mms please

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,snow and....a bit more snow

8.5c and 85mm

thank you please 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter Snow, extreme weather, mainly sunny mild summers though.

8.3c and 63.5mm please.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Long warm summer evenings. Cold frosty sunny winter days.

8.6 and 98mm please

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and sunny, cosy and stormy, cold and frosty, some snow

I think we might end up seeing a pretty dry and reasonably warm April after all.

9.7C and 22mm for me please 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: bright & frosty/snowy; summer: hot and sunny.

10.7°C and 27.2mm for me please.

Posted

April always the toughest month to predict weatherwise, often flips on the toss of a coin. It is still in the colder half of the year, mean temp wise, yet in feel marks the start of the warmer half of the year, given the increasingly strong sunshine and ever increasing daylight. A sunny calm day in April will always feel better than a sunny calm day in October even though air temps are on average lower.

I'm not expecting anything particularly cool/cold this April, and another above average month most likely, let's go 9.7 degrees. A decent month with plenty of dry sunny settled weather but may be rather cloudy at times, interspersed with some wetter spells - these brief. I anticipate the atlantic will go quiet quite soon and higher pressure will influence things more, but not setting up in a position to bring in any early notable warmth. Northerlies and easterlies could be a common feature.

Edited by damianslaw

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, convective precipitation, snow, thunderstorms, "episodic" months.

I can see this April having some cool north and east winds, but it increasingly looks like starting off on the warm side.  Probably quite a dry month.  So I'll go for 9.1C and 27.8mm.

Posted
On 27/03/2023 at 22:18, hillbilly said:

Interesting that every 80s April except 1987 is colder than the last 20 year average.

Surprised that 2012 was warmer than any April during the 80s.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny, dry and preferably hot. Snow is nice in the winter

8.8 and 36mm - not especially warm but also on the dry side, going for a above average start followed by a northerly/easterly influence from mid month but with dry air

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: T storms, severe gales, heat and sun, cold and snow

9.0c and 78mm please.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, convective precipitation, snow, thunderstorms, "episodic" months.
1 hour ago, Sunny76 said:

Wasn’t April 80 warm?

Hillbilly is right if we're going by the Central England Tempertature series.  The 1961-1990 average CET for April was just 7.9C, and for the 20th century it was 8.1C, but over 1991-2020 it was 9.0C.  At 8.8C, April 1980 was certainly warm for its time, but a little short of the latest 30-year average.  The Met Office UK series gives similar results - April 1980 at 7.7C was the second warmest of the 1980s but cooler than most recent Aprils.

April 2012 incidentally was widely the second or third coolest April since 1989.

• Like 2