Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Heat Haters Club 2023

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, cold, cold and errrr......cold. I am, unashamedly, a cold fan.

Nice today. Cloud cover, 23c and a bit of a breeze. Much more comfortable.

• Like 3

Update: There's no complaints from me for today. While it is much cooler, there is still this irritating wave of heat.
I'm happier that it's overwhelmingly warm but it's still annoying to feel this wave of heat everyday.
My main problem that's really annoyed me the most this summer is just how prominent the fleas have been...
My poor kitten has got fleas. Family & I are working on it everyday while making sure she's well taken care of.
It's just unforunate because she doesn't deserve these little monsters biting her.
If I could eradicate fleas from Earth, I seriously would do it in a heartbeat.

20 hours ago, markyo said:

Thankfully this crap will at least give us some relief from sunday onwards, it has been horrific for working in, every client i've been to its the same story, to hot and far far to humid. Enjoy this stuff? Sorry i don't get it at all.

Humidity levels at times outside have been in the 20s and 30s percent post Monday. You really can’t any drier air in the uk. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms. Pleasantly warm summers but no heat.
13 hours ago, Frostillicus said:

Maybe it's the Pennines then? Lancashire just seems to sit in it's own little heat dome during these synoptics.

The NW coast seems to get very hot in an easterly, probably a foen effect. I've noticed the same thing happens in the west of Scotland, Wales & Ireland.

Inland such as here can still get hot in those scenarios but usually it's at least a couple degrees cooler.

Edited by Dark Horse
  • Insightful 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Basically intresting weather,cold,windy you name it
1 hour ago, Alderc said:

Humidity levels at times outside have been in the 20s and 30s percent post Monday. You really can’t any drier air in the uk. 

Not where i've been working they haven't mate let me assure you! I was in Evesham tuesday, it was terrible, i am being honest, no bull at all everyone on site, staff and clients were moaning about it. It wasn't that hot but humidity was shocking. Currently at 50% in Sheffield

Edited by markyo

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: windy

Down to 21c here today, wouldn't be so bad if it wasn't still 29c upstairs even with the windows open.

• Like 1

Posted
1 hour ago, Ross90 said:

Down to 21c here today, wouldn't be so bad if it wasn't still 29c upstairs even with the windows open.

Yeah thats the problem. Need at least 3 days to air the house out lol

• Like 1

Update: Tonight seems to be much better. I'm starting to really enjoy these nights now.
The past 2-3 weeks have been like sleeping in an inferno. You would be lucky to get any sleep on the previous nights.
Tonight, I fallen asleep very positively. I don't have any headaches for once. I'm feeling much better in myself.
I know this will be shortlived because tomorrow is going to be like this but then get warmer again...
The blast of heat with high humidity will continue to frustrate us all.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Storms, and plenty of warm sunny days!
1 hour ago, SakuraOwl said:

Update: Tonight seems to be much better. I'm starting to really enjoy these nights now.
The past 2-3 weeks have been like sleeping in an inferno. You would be lucky to get any sleep on the previous nights.
Tonight, I fallen asleep very positively. I don't have any headaches for once. I'm feeling much better in myself.
I know this will be shortlived because tomorrow is going to be like this but then get warmer again...
The blast of heat with high humidity will continue to frustrate us all.

So rather than making the most of an ideal night to get some sleep, you choose to update in the middle of 'said' night?!?🙄

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms and other extremes
12 hours ago, markyo said:

Not where i've been working they haven't mate let me assure you! I was in Evesham tuesday, it was terrible, i am being honest, no bull at all everyone on site, staff and clients were moaning about it. It wasn't that hot but humidity was shocking. Currently at 50% in Sheffield

Yeah we had one or two days where the humidity dropped somewhat and then it crept back up once again.

I work in retail and the vast majority of people this week commented how nice it was to be inside under the aircon. Part of the issue is the intense mid June sun that makes it feel much hotter than it is. It's why I personally prefer August heat. I didn't struggle at all in last August's hot spell- the daylight is much more mellow than the few weeks around the solstice, especially by mid-late August.

Edited by CreweCold
  • Like 1

Posted

Got to be honest the outlook is filling me with total dread, this could be gearing up to be one of the most uncomfortable, draining and longest for years. July is shaping up to be utterly vile, heat,more heat and humidity. This could be a very very tough summer for so many.

• Like 4

Posted
25 minutes ago, markyo said:

Got to be honest the outlook is filling me with total dread, this could be gearing up to be one of the most uncomfortable, draining and longest for years. July is shaping up to be utterly vile, heat,more heat and humidity. This could be a very very tough summer for so many.

Yeah gfs flirting with a repeat again. Just can't catch a break for long 😞

• Thanks 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer > Spring > Winter > Autumn :-)
19 hours ago, Alderc said:

People always confuse heat with humidity, I say it all the time. The amount of people who said it was humid last week when it was at 30% was bizarre.
Last week was about as dry as you can get as you say.....the 40c day in 2022 had humidity below 20% though, which is almost unheard of for the UK.

Now I will have a moan today, as it is actually humid and worth a moan. 25c with 70% humidity isn't nice for anyone, even a summer worshipper like me.
Sweaty and sticky. Low pressure, warm air and more moisture from the SW the culprit. Give me back last week please!

• Like 3

Posted
11 minutes ago, mb018538 said:

People always confuse heat with humidity, I say it all the time. The amount of people who said it was humid last week when it was at 30% was bizarre.
Last week was about as dry as you can get as you say.....the 40c day in 2022 had humidity below 20% though, which is almost unheard of for the UK.

Now I will have a moan today, as it is actually humid and worth a moan. 25c with 70% humidity isn't nice for anyone, even a summer worshipper like me.
Sweaty and sticky. Low pressure, warm air and more moisture from the SW the culprit. Give me back last week please!

Greenland high or mid Atlantic high or bust. Need the high far enough west to avoid WAA or it's vile.

• Like 1

Posted
54 minutes ago, mb018538 said:

Please explain they why on ever evening local forecast last week the word humidity was used in relation to poor sleeping conditions? On every broadcast till friday when the use of the word was again there but in relation to a decrease and therefore better sleeping conditions.

Edited by markyo

Posted
1 hour ago, markyo said:

Please explain they why on ever evening local forecast last week the word humidity was used in relation to poor sleeping conditions? On every broadcast till friday when the use of the word was again there but in relation to a decrease and therefore better sleeping conditions.

People always use the lack of humidity to defend the summer 2018. All I know is my house was like an oven. I felt ill and whether it was "dry" or not made no difference to that. There is no good heat.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer > Spring > Winter > Autumn :-)
1 hour ago, markyo said:

Pretty simple one - humidity increases at night compared to daytime.

Look at Wednesday - humidity in the 30s during mid afternoon, back up into the 80s before dawn. If night time temps hold up then it usually feels sticky here in the summer.

image.thumb.png.ddf6cdb67436325b69dc928a4dda4e1d.pngimage.thumb.png.c4ddf4d445bfd1006a95674d6480ff21.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted
41 minutes ago, mb018538 said:

Look at Wednesday - humidity in the 30s during mid afternoon, back up into the 80s before dawn. If night time temps hold up then it usually feels sticky here in the summer.

image.thumb.png.ddf6cdb67436325b69dc928a4dda4e1d.pngimage.thumb.png.c4ddf4d445bfd1006a95674d6480ff21.png

Sorry mate your missing my point, its at night when humidity is the real issue. Sleep is a human requirement. Also national  variation does i find skew those numbers, i can to 500miles a day, get to site say 150 miles from first call, same temp or within a degree but humidity is totally different. I had that on Tues last week in Evesham, a small increase in humidity totally changes the feel of the weather. It was so oppressive, i could tell as we carry humidity meters for work, left site and the ambient air was not that much under what i was reading on site. I would not believe your figures as gospel, far from it in certain areas. Also please don't forget we all feel humidity differently, it doesn't become uncomfortable at a set figure.

Edited by markyo
  • Like 1

Update: Today's weather has been mixed in terms of expectation.
I'll be completely honest... it's been another extremely hot dry air day.
To say that I'm getting bored of repeating this is quite the understatement.
Because I'm sick of not being able to sleep well due to annoying hot air.
If I wanted hot air, I'd go somewhere for that. This is not the place or the time.
For those who enjoy this Summer weather. Good for you.
Just know this- it's dangerous to many.
To those who suffer and can't sleep... I'm sorry.
The heat lovers are too cruel with their comments.
It's annoying me that some people are being toxic.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal.

This topic is quite interesting to me because of how people react differently to certain conditions.

I think there’s something to appreciate about all weather types. That being said, I’m definitely more active and comfortable in warmer weather, whereas I need to wrap up warm as soon as fresher conditions arrive. My body seems to lose heat quickly, and cold air pierces right through me.

I hope the heat haters here stay as comfortable as possible. I’m sure that I’ll be wrapped in multiple layers by October or November, while others will be vastly more comfortable than they are now.

Edited by BrynnStorm
  • Like 6

Posted
9 minutes ago, BrynnStorm said:

This topic is quite interesting to me because of how people react differently to certain conditions.

I think there’s something to appreciate about all weather types. That being said, I’m definitely more active and comfortable in warmer weather, whereas I need to wrap up warm as soon as fresher conditions arrive. My body seems to lose heat quickly, and cold air pierces right through me.

I hope the heat haters here stay as comfortable as possible. I’m sure that I’ll be wrapped in multiple layers by October or November, while others will be vastly more comfortable than they are now.

A balanced view...just wish more could have your sentiments. Hope your enjoying summer so far. 

Edited by markyo
  • Like 4

Posted
31 minutes ago, Weather26 said:

Yeah Thunderstorms are supposed to cool the atmosphere not warm it up again! 

Another thing that's changed in recent years. Muck just seems to hang on like a limpet. Won't go without a fight 

3 hours ago, mb018538 said:

Winds also tend to drop at night. Even if we managed a pathetic excuse for a breeze during the day, it's just still at night

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1