Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Heat Haters Club 2023

Posted

Today was better than yesterday as it was less humid and this evening has been rather pleasant.

• Like 2

Hi, I've been able to tolerate this heat. I felt that a few days recently have been very intoxicating with incredibly dry musty air.
I felt that I couldn't breathe properly while feeling intense migraines upon waking up every morning.
Throughout the nights, I've been unable to sleep peacefully. I don't sleep well at all in heatwaves.
The cold breeze that we all wish for? It doesn't feel like there is any breeze...
Overall, I'm not enjoying this weather. There were a few moments when I didn't mind it.
Once it reached 26+ with 80%+ humidity or higher... I started to feel like I was walking in a desert.
That's not overreacting! That is literally how it feels. I can't believe there's more days of this boring weather.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Temperatures ≤25ºC ≥10ºC.

The lack of moving air is something I find worse than the unescapable heat feeling.

Working outdoors, I deal with the heat and adjust daily tasks to suit but with the air quality is triggering Asthma, it's not easy to deal with that so well. Similar happens in Winter with the cold air but there's less neighbours having BBQ's.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, snow, warm sunny days.

Last night was cooler, so I had a better sleep. It gave me a bit more enthusiasm for the day ahead. 

• Like 1

Posted

I feel there's a lot of straw clutching from some in the Model Output Discussion about hot weather, when the last few model outputs are going for a damp and cooler spell 🙂

• Like 3

Posted
2 hours ago, Paul_1978 said:

I feel there's a lot of straw clutching from some in the Model Output Discussion about hot weather, when the last few model outputs are going for a damp and cooler spell 🙂

The cooler the better. I'm not too selfish though. A return to low 20s by day with cool evenings and nights would suit me. Tired of body feeling like a lead weight. House has been like an oven since Saturday 🤢

• Like 4

Posted
19 hours ago, markyo said:

Looks like another awful nights sleep ahead. Just don't get it, why the love for this crap?

People are different mate. I didn’t have any problem sleeping last night, as it didn’t feel humid. Just felt warm and breezy.

Monday night however was very close.

Posted

Well the mod thread suggesting a hot July fills me with dread, don't need anymore heat after this week. Next week looks horrible also, rain and humid.

We need a proper cold Summer's month right about now. July 2020 almost made it, but the final days had to ruin it. After such a hot summer last year, I've got no interest in it at all.

Edited by Frigid
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extremes the unusual and interesting facts

Was working in a loft yesterday with my overalls on,took off my shirt first mind.It felt very warm in the shop downstaris but after an hour in the loft which was sweltering it felt like being in a fridge when i came back down the ladder.I worked 25 hours from early Tuesday until 8am Wednesday but had no problems getting to sleep when i got home with heat or light through the windows,30 seconds i was gone!

Edited by hillbilly

Posted
3 hours ago, Sunny76 said:

People are different mate. I didn’t have any problem sleeping last night, as it didn’t feel humid. Just felt warm and breezy.

Monday night however was very close.

The temps in the south east were much lower last night than they were in the NW. 10c I believe vs the 18c we had.

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme

Another hot day yuk. Next week looks very warm and humid but not hot. A repeat of last years 38+C gets very close to us and I wouldn't be surprised we have similar temperatures at some point this summer.

• Like 3

Hi, I still feel that my first post on this thread perfectly captures my summary of thoughts regarding this weather.
However, today has just created even more feeling of "Ugh" while also making me feel sick.
Early hours seemed like the weather was starting to cool down. I was severely mistaken.
After a few hours, I was starting to feel what felt like the day before.
Then it all of a sudden got even more hotter than the day before.
The weather became so intoxicating in air pollution as well as humidity that I generally feel sick now.
My stomach is aching, my body is like the heaviest weight.
My head hurts, my eyes are barely open. I feel like falling to the ground.
Standing in one location for too long feels like agony.
Moving around doesn't really make much difference as it feels like the sun is scorching hot!
There's no clouds in the sky which I'm sure contributes to why it feels so hot today!
What a miserable day... I can't study in weather like this. I can't function... I just feel so dead.
No, I'm not overreacting! This weather is reminding me of why I hated last year too!

• Like 3

Posted

As i've gotten middle aged i find i can tolerate the heat and long warm spells far better than i can cold and damp and icy. maybe its the beer garden that helps and not having to be cooped up insider near a heat source !

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Hi, I'd like to update my overall thoughts on this recent weather.
Firstly, I'm already sick of this now. I'd much prefer if the heatwave was inconsistent (1-2 days of extreme heat to 1-2 days of normal weather with cooler humidity)
Secondly, I'm seriously sick of feeling sweaty, tired, exhausted, drained of energy... It's just miserable.
Going downstairs can only do so much to make you feel better. I've tried going outside in the heat to which it still feels unbearable.
As I said previously that I was tolerating it. It's true, I was tolerating it for way too long...

The main problem seems to be this consistent pattern:
Morning (It begins with some cooler air) - (Slowly building up into heat with dry air)
After a few hours, it starts to become rather cooler or hotter.
For 3-4 hours within the day- The weather begins to become too extreme.
There's then an hour where the temperature rises to the highest level +1 or +2 for the day.
Then you will lay in your bed at night or maybe you won't even lay at all.
Either way, it's impossible to fall asleep naturally to this weather...
I literally just pass out because it's so damn hot that I'm sick of it already.
You can say I'm overreacting but I don't care anymore! I've tolerated it more than I wanted to.

To think that there's actually people out there who enjoy weather like this... I will NEVER understand you.

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme

Another horrid day GFS suggests a chance of much higher temperateness several days well above 30 for several days.  I ain't laughing at it after last year. If it came off 34C to 35C for quite bit of the country with +20 850 layer not far from the south west.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
3 hours ago, SakuraOwl said:

Firstly, I'm already sick of this now. I'd much prefer if the heatwave was inconsistent (1-2 days of extreme heat to 1-2 days of normal weather with cooler humidity)
Secondly, I'm seriously sick of feeling sweaty, tired, exhausted, drained of energy... It's just miserable.
Going downstairs can only do so much to make you feel better. I've tried going outside in the heat to which it still feels unbearable.
As I said previously that I was tolerating it. It's true, I was tolerating it for way too long...

Morning (It begins with some cooler air) - (Slowly building up into heat with dry air)
There's then an hour where the temperature rises to the highest level +1 or +2 for the day.
You can say I'm overreacting but I don't care anymore! I've tolerated it more than I wanted to.

To think that there's actually people out there who enjoy weather like this... I will NEVER understand you.

Where is your location? haven't found it too bad yet, a bit too early in the year I feel, last July was horrid though from 17th to 19th

Posted
16 minutes ago, The PIT said:

Another horrid day GFS suggests a chance of much higher temperateness several days well above 30 for several days.  I ain't laughing at it after last year. If it came off 34C to 35C for quite bit of the country with +20 850 layer not far from the south west.

Bad to worse 😞

3 hours ago, SakuraOwl said:

You aren't alone. I've felt sick and achy since last Saturday. Barely slept, hayfever fired up. Nothing good comes from this muck. Nothing.

• Like 4

Posted

I probably don't belong in here as I don't hate the Summer. What I don't like is excessive heat like we had last summer.

Anything in the low to mid twenties is fine in this country. 

Obviously, give me the Autumn chills and Winter snows and I'll be bouncing off the walls!

Edited by Seasonal Trim
  • Like 3

Posted
4 hours ago, JoeShmoe said:

As i've gotten middle aged i find i can tolerate the heat and long warm spells far better than i can cold and damp and icy. maybe its the beer garden that helps and not having to be cooped up insider near a heat source !

Does Scotland even do warm spells? 😂

• Like 1

Hi, I've got a feeling I will end up writing updates on how I'm feeling throughout this Summer (Lol)
Anyway, I can now say that the singular hour where it reaches the maximum temperate for the day is frustrating too!
In fact, I may even dare to say that this moment during each day of the heatwave is like the world saying "BUUURRRN"
You would think I'd be feeling happy knowing that it will cool down later, right? No... because even with AC - The house takes time to cool down.
But by the time the house is starting to cool down- you guessed it- the weather once again goes into wild overdrive to the point of raising that heat level...
So, the moment you are finally able to relax for maybe 5-10 minutes or longer... enjoy it while it lasts because the moment you wake up the next day-
The heat will greet you and remind you of another incredibly intoxicating stressful day of heat frustration and worries...
If that's not the worst part of this- try actually sleeping in this god-awful heatwave... Windows open does nothing.
Splashing water on the face may help for a short while but even that feels like the heat just engulfs you.

• Like 1

Posted
4 minutes ago, SakuraOwl said:

Hi, I've got a feeling I will end up writing updates on how I'm feeling throughout this Summer (Lol)
Anyway, I can now say that the singular hour where it reaches the maximum temperate for the day is frustrating too!
In fact, I may even dare to say that this moment during each day of the heatwave is like the world saying "BUUURRRN"
You would think I'd be feeling happy knowing that it will cool down later, right? No... because even with AC - The house takes time to cool down.
But by the time the house is starting to cool down- you guessed it- the weather once again goes into wild overdrive to the point of raising that heat level...
So, the moment you are finally able to relax for maybe 5-10 minutes or longer... enjoy it while it lasts because the moment you wake up the next day-
The heat will greet you and remind you of another incredibly intoxicating stressful day of heat frustration and worries...
If that's not the worst part of this- try actually sleeping in this god-awful heatwave... Windows open does nothing.
Splashing water on the face may help for a short while but even that feels like the heat just engulfs you.

Wet shirt/t shirt or wifebeater does the trick

1 minute ago, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

Wet shirt/t shirt or wifebeater does the trick

Hi, I completely understand why you suggested this.
I'd just like to share what happens if I were to follow this advice:
(After a while, the shirt becomes sticky, the water becomes dry)
Sweat will then flow- the shirt will begin to smell bad.
After some time, you will start to feel like a wet shirt is no longer effective.
I've tried this during last year's heatwave and it didn't work out for me.
Not to say it won't work out for others- it just didn't work for me.
As for the sleeveless shirts- unfortunately, even this doesn't work for me.

Posted
7 minutes ago, SakuraOwl said:

Hi, I completely understand why you suggested this.
I'd just like to share what happens if I were to follow this advice:
(After a while, the shirt becomes sticky, the water becomes dry)
Sweat will then flow- the shirt will begin to smell bad.
After some time, you will start to feel like a wet shirt is no longer effective.
I've tried this during last year's heatwave and it didn't work out for me.
Not to say it won't work out for others- it just didn't work for me.
As for the sleeveless shirts- unfortunately, even this doesn't work for me.

I only really do it with old wifebeater which is raggy anyway, then wet clothes for bed

Posted

It's also peak hay fever season and even more seem to be feeling the effects this year.

I'm on the usual tablets and holding the line for now - fortunately in East London, we get a nice breeze off the Estuary which is (so far) making life just the right side of tolerable.

Let's hope the +20 850 stays over Iberia or southern France for the next couple of months.

• Like 2