Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Heat Haters Club 2023

Posted
59 minutes ago, ANYWEATHER said:

Well almost the middle of June and we have had to wait since last August ,yes almost 10 months to see temperatures into the 20s Celsius mark. I don't like heat myself ,but it don't happen that much in this country 😃😂😁😀😄😅

Been warm in the NW for a while now. We'll cop the worst of what's coming too. 

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and 15-25c

been into the low 30s once again this week plus warm nights (for here) not below 16c the last few days..2 nights in a row i have the left the a/c running 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal, but not too hot in summer.
2 hours ago, cheeky_monkey said:

been into the low 30s once again this week plus warm nights (for here) not below 16c the last few days..2 nights in a row i have the left the a/c running 

At least you have air conditioning.  When we get the hot weather here most of us aren't as lucky.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snowy Weather
8 hours ago, Frostillicus said:

Hi, mate.

I've seen your posts over the years and I can sympathise. I'm also someone who's health takes a turn for the worse in hot weather. Also like you, I'm in a council property that is very poorly designed. Bedrooms on the top floor of 3, and windows that open in such a way that I couldn't vent an exhaust hose from a portable ac unit out of the window. Not to mention the cost of running one.

The summer of 2018 nearly broke me. Being in the north west, we were subject to the worst temps from the easterly pattern that seemed to last forever. Fans helped, but at those temps, they're pretty much useless.

Hope you and your wife are okay through this muck.

Evening all,

Thanks for your comments, Frostillicus.  

My Wife and myself have made a few changes in the last 5 Summers or so , due to the fierce heat we have experienced here in S.E. London.

Although we do have some greenery around us, it's also a bit of a concrete Jungle.

As others have said above, we also keep curtains closed when the Sun is shining on that side of our House.

Lounge curtains closed in the Morning, as that is East facing and the front of our House [Bedroom/Kitchen] faces West Kitchen blinds and Bedroom blinds/curtains are closed, in the Afternoon.

Also, during these Summer heatwaves my Wife uses our Oven, to a minimum.

I'm sure that will be the case this Summer and should limit that heat transference, to the top level of our House.

The Microwave comes into its own, and plenty of Salads will no doubt be on the Menu, during the next few Months.

As I've stated elsewhere on the Forum, Colette is a very versatile Cook and is very creative with her cooking.

If she is thinking of cooking any chicken or any other type of meat, she has vowed to do that in the Morning and serve it up cold with a Salad and perhaps a Microwaved Jacket Potato.

We were taking a lot of walking exercise last Summer but at one point changed our normal route, as it took in a local green space with a large area of grassland and woodland. We were concerned about the Wildfires that broke out in the suburbs of London, one of which wasn't that far away, from our House.

As you state above Frostillicus, like yourself, our House is very poorly designed and ironically was partially designed by Colette's ex- Sister-in-Law for the Housing Association, we rent from. 

Regards,

Tom Q. 👍

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Basically intresting weather,cold,windy you name it

Got home tonight, house sealed all day, windows and curtains shut. Car on drive now, all doors locked, thats me spending next 2 days trapped inside. Hate hate hate this type of weather,  just can't do a thing. 😒

• Like 6

Posted

This feels like the exact equivalent of last December, but that being a severe cold spell and this being prolonged heat. Hopefully it all breaks down as it did in mid December. 

• Like 4

Posted
2 minutes ago, Frigid said:

This feels like the exact equivalent of last December, but that being a severe cold spell and this being prolonged heat. Hopefully it all breaks down as it did in mid December. 

It broke down earlier than that when we had the rains in October/November. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Basically intresting weather,cold,windy you name it

Stuck in the house, curtains and windows closed, still bloody sneezing! Certainly the worst weekend of the year so far. Outlook is poor also sadly. Just praying for a break and rain asap.

• Like 2

Posted

Grumble grumble ... too hot to sleep last night. Hubby opened the window and let the boody heat in! It was 27c in here!! abcde!

• Like 2

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme

North sea cloud meant it was a pleasant night with close to average temperatures. Getting too hot for me outside so drifted inside. Chest getting tight thank you pollen. Will need to top the pond up this evening as the green tench will be finding the water a bit shallow. A wren ate all the goldfish a few years back this time they were replaced by baby tench and not goldfish.

Just impressed by how fast the temperature is rising. Still going up at 2.2C per hour. 30C isn't out of the question.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, cold, cold and errrr......cold. I am, unashamedly, a cold fan.

What a crappy day! 29c and cloudless. The wind is picking up a bit and has turned it a little cooler which helps but my god, boring, boring.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms. Pleasantly warm summers but no heat.
Just now, simshady said:

What a crappy day! 29c and cloudless. The wind is picking up a bit and has turned it a little cooler which helps but my god, boring, boring.

Need a good thunderstorm that's my only interest in summer, probably won't bloody happen though.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme

Well we peaked at 30.2C one of the hottest June days on record. Pollen count and Heat means it's inhaler time.

Some very hot air gets close to the UK in the next seven days won't need much to bring it over us.

Posted
5 minutes ago, The PIT said:

Well we peaked at 30.2C one of the hottest June days on record. Pollen count and Heat means it's inhaler time.

Some very hot air gets close to the UK in the next seven days won't need much to bring it over us.

Current model output is vile. We couldn't get an easterly wind in the winter for love nor money.

When we get them in the summer, being in the north west is like a neverending oven. At least your area is off the hook if the winds become north easterly again

Edited by Frostillicus
  • Like 1

Posted
11 minutes ago, Dark Horse said:

Need a good thunderstorm that's my only interest in summer, probably won't bloody happen though.

We never get them here. We just sweat for nothing 

14 minutes ago, simshady said:

Was only out in it for a driving lesson this morning and I've had a headache ever since 

• Like 3

Posted
3 hours ago, Frostillicus said:

Current model output is vile. We couldn't get an easterly wind in the winter for love nor money.

When we get them in the summer, being in the north west is like a neverending oven. At least your area is off the hook if the winds become north easterly again

And yet when we do get an easterly it's in entirely the wrong season.

Please can the models switch off the ovens and send some rain our way please-preferably before Glastonbury and Wimbledon happen otherwise Sheffield will be back to square one in terms of the river levels-imagine if we haven't had both the snowmelt from the snowday and the wet April-we would be in trouble by now.

• Like 2

Posted
8 hours ago, *Stormforce~beka* said:

Grumble grumble ... too hot to sleep last night. Hubby opened the window and let the boody heat in! It was 27c in here!! abcde!

Silly sod!! 🤣🤣

Sleeping conditions were fine here last night but will be a different story tonight! 😬

On 09/06/2023 at 20:12, Frigid said:

Hopefully it all breaks down as it did in mid December. 

I doubt it!

Edited by Don
  • Thanks 1

Posted
1 hour ago, Don said:

Silly sod!! 🤣🤣

Sleeping conditions were fine here last night but will be a different story tonight! 😬

I doubt it!

Divorce-worthy!

28c in the bedroom still ... Sigh!

Posted
1 hour ago, Don said:

Silly sod!! 🤣🤣

I doubt it!

I fear I'll have a breakdown first 🤢

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal, but not too hot in summer.

Absolutely vile weather at the moment!  This is a mish-mash of all my least favourite summer weather - heat, humidity, thunderstorms and WaRm SuNsHiNe.  

At least the mad thread seems happy though.  😪

Posted

20C at 1am, yeah this is horrible. Flashbacks to those brutal nights back in July. Hopefully there's a breakdown imminent.. haven't seen rain for a month. 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms. Pleasantly warm summers but no heat.
17 minutes ago, Frigid said:

20C at 1am, yeah this is horrible. Flashbacks to those brutal nights back in July. Hopefully there's a breakdown imminent.. haven't seen rain for a month. 

Yep 20c outside is not good at this time. Almost 26c right now in my bedroom after the daytime heat build up, 24 upwards and for me it's not nice. Got to be up at 8 so I'm shortly going to be sleeping with just a sheet on my bed tonight, don't know how anyone can be under a duvet in this.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms and other extremes

I have to admit it was brutal out there today. Actually felt worse to be out and about in than some of the very hot but less humid days last summer. Sweat was dripping off me by the time I got to work after a 1.5 mile walk in.

• Like 1