Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Heat Haters Club 2023

Posted

Looks like there's no end in sight of warm weather, next week looks wet.. but also very mild.

Doesn't really look like a breakdown with all the warmth lingering around. A proper breakdown would be what we saw last July. Here on the 19th, it was 38C. Two days later, a high of 18C.  

• Like 1

Posted

I seriously hope that the forecast heat doesn't materialize in ten days time - this is one FI that I definitely do NOT want to happen. It looks absolutely horrendous.

• Like 5

Posted
2 hours ago, The PIT said:

Another horrid day GFS suggests a chance of much higher temperateness several days well above 30 for several days.  I ain't laughing at it after last year. If it came off 34C to 35C for quite bit of the country with +20 850 layer not far from the south west.

You're not the only one thinking this-i'm fast thinking we should all emigrate somewhere cooler between the Spring Bank Holiday and And the Summer Bank Holiday if this is "the new normal" 

after last year, Summer can basically do one until it deciedes to throw another 2007/12 style summer at us-i think i prefer that to this disgusting prolonged heat.

• Like 4

Posted
7 minutes ago, Weather26 said:

You're not the only one thinking this-i'm fast thinking we should all emigrate somewhere cooler between the Spring Bank Holiday and And the Summer Bank Holiday if this is "the new normal" 

after last year, Summer can basically do one until it deciedes to throw another 2007/12 style summer at us-i think i prefer that to this disgusting prolonged heat.

If I had the money, I'd move to lerwick lol

• Like 2

Posted
12 minutes ago, Frostillicus said:

Sometimes I do consider whether moving to NE England or Scotland in the future, these heatwaves are only going to get more intense and the built up area around me doesn't help the slightest. Give me 17-20C all summer then I'll be happy. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow
15 minutes ago, Frostillicus said:

The weather is the same there all year round a bit like the Shetlands lol

• Like 1

Posted
8 minutes ago, Frigid said:

Sometimes I do consider whether moving to NE England or Scotland in the future, these heatwaves are only going to get more intense and the built up area around me doesn't help the slightest. Give me 17-20C all summer then I'll be happy. 

When we do get the sun it's perfect. Normally around 21C and a nice sea breeze. The downside is the common Sea Frets we get. Also get good winters when coming from the North.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, cold, cold and errrr......cold. I am, unashamedly, a cold fan.

I miss the cool breeze we had a few weeks ago. Can't wait to be able to wrap myself up in a duvet at night again.

• Like 6

Posted

If we get above 35.c, People will go berserk-If it gets to 40C again like it did last year infrastructure will come to almost a complete halt and people will go off their heads-either way this heat has got trouble written all over it.   

• Like 2

Hi, It's time for another update:

Update:

I somehow managed to fall asleep but if you were to ask me- It's due to the fact I was exhausted and I'd write it as "passing out" again.
By some miracle, I slept through the additional scorching heat. My head now hurts which is just another example of why I hate this weather...
The air seems to still be dry with the most poorly made breeze that I've ever experienced. It's not even cold air, it's like a mix of tropical air.
I've awoken with my eyes feeling dry, my body is aching again, my stomach seems okay so far. I feel slightly sick and slight disorientation.

My clothes are all sweaty while my face seems to feel mostly dry. My hair is definitely leaking sweat though.
I was planning on sleeping longer but I feel it's too warm to do this again...
AC is turned on while the window is open / closed. Either way, not even a slight improvement.
Tomorrow looks to be very similar to what we experienced today... Looks like it's going to be another super hot day -_-
At this point, I'm just praying for an arctic blast of air or winter-like chills appearing through a miracle.
If the temperature seriously rises to 40+ this year... I'm really going to write SUMMER as the WORST SEASON OF ALL TIME!

• Like 2

Posted
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet

Today in addition to being day 28 without rain will be the final day we put up with the heat here (the weekend is forecast to be cloudy and thus muggy but not much above 20C). 

Rainfall is uncertain but the GFS has been punting for 20mm+ on Sunday afternoon.

Update:

...I'm unable to sleep again... I've tried laying in bed. Only to find that the pillows are becoming too warm.
Flipping the pillows over is reminding me of BBQ- having to flip burgers xD
To add insult to injury, I'm unable to close my eyes in peace.
My friend's AC isn't doing too much in all honesty.
Desk fan is barely keeping me cooler but it's making this weather at least tolerable for now.
With what I believe will be 25+ consistently going forwards into next week. I don't hold much hope for a better summer.

My feelings towards July are starting to become frustration.
I'm not sure if I can work in conditions like this. I'm sure it can be hotter before I say such words but I don't like the heat...
I'm not someone who enjoys intense heat levels. I like the sun, don't get me wrong. I enjoy a summer with a breeze.
Without the breeze, I may as well as be walking towards a Pyramid in Egypt.
The only blessing I can say that we have is that at least there's no hot sand to walk on... Well, kinda-
Because in all honesty, this weather of 2023 has been the worst yet while I'm sure last year will be dethroned this year.
My guess would be that 2024's Summer is going to be even hotter! That's right, I believe that this is the new normality.
With the air pollution still going on, I can only see the weather becoming unbearable to seriously high health risks...

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Temperatures ≤25ºC ≥10ºC.
9 hours ago, SakuraOwl said:

Hi, It's time for another update:

Update:

I somehow managed to fall asleep but if you were to ask me- It's due to the fact I was exhausted and I'd write it as "passing out" again.
By some miracle, I slept through the additional scorching heat. My head now hurts which is just another example of why I hate this weather...
The air seems to still be dry with the most poorly made breeze that I've ever experienced. It's not even cold air, it's like a mix of tropical air.
I've awoken with my eyes feeling dry, my body is aching again, my stomach seems okay so far. I feel slightly sick and slight disorientation.

My clothes are all sweaty while my face seems to feel mostly dry. My hair is definitely leaking sweat though.
I was planning on sleeping longer but I feel it's too warm to do this again...
AC is turned on while the window is open / closed. Either way, not even a slight improvement.
Tomorrow looks to be very similar to what we experienced today... Looks like it's going to be another super hot day -_-
At this point, I'm just praying for an arctic blast of air or winter-like chills appearing through a miracle.
If the temperature seriously rises to 40+ this year... I'm really going to write SUMMER as the WORST SEASON OF ALL TIME!

What's your a/c unit?

I've started to leave mine on overnight and use the quieton earplugs so I can sleep properly. Tiredness and having a job where I drive for a living do not mix well.

Posted

Afternoon all 🙂

Just back from my lunchtime walk. It's warm and very warm in the sun but very pleasant in the shade with a refreshing NE'ly breeze keeping the humidity down.

Tolerable for now.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and 15-25c

now in a cool wet period here so i'm safe for a week or so 

Could contain:

Posted
On 14/06/2023 at 18:23, Frostillicus said:

The temps in the south east were much lower last night than they were in the NW. 10c I believe vs the 18c we had.

It was 14-15c, so not too bad. 

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield

Still horribly hot 26.6C going to be a sticky unpleasant night. Leaving my air con off for now.

• Like 1

Update: Today has been less like yesterday but still borrows that extreme level of heat for a few hours.
What makes it the worst feeling ever is that the heat out stays its welcome.
Moving forwards, I was actually able to relax for the most part.
Working in these conditions is absolutely unfair and I wish that during heatwaves like this-
People would not have to work for those days... I think it's unhealthy to expect humans to work in these conditions and worse.
Overall, today has been slightly better than yesterday but not by much...

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Basically intresting weather,cold,windy you name it

Thankfully this crap will at least give us some relief from sunday onwards, it has been horrific for working in, every client i've been to its the same story, to hot and far far to humid. Enjoy this stuff? Sorry i don't get it at all.

• Like 4

Posted
2 hours ago, markyo said:

Thankfully this crap will at least give us some relief from sunday onwards, it has been horrific for working in, every client i've been to its the same story, to hot and far far to humid. Enjoy this stuff? Sorry i don't get it at all.

Since Monday when it was too humid, I've found this week to be very pleasant in terms of temperature and humidity getting the balance about right.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted
45 minutes ago, Don said:

Since Monday when it was too humid, I've found this week to be very pleasant in terms of temperature and humidity getting the balance about right.

You wouldn't say that if you lived in west. We get the brunt of any heat from an easterly. 

Posted
1 hour ago, Frostillicus said:

You wouldn't say that if you lived in west. We get the brunt of any heat from an easterly. 

But my location is as west as yours!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms. Pleasantly warm summers but no heat.
4 hours ago, markyo said:

Yeah everyone I've talked to has said how sick of it they are and especially how stuffy it is by night. It's not been below 25c upstairs for a full week. It's 27.7c up there right now. Awful. A trick though is to take a paracetamol before bed or before you go out in the heat as it regulates your body temp because it is an anti pyretic medication, I've noticed it stops me sweating. Although it probably won't work in your job given how extremely hot you say it is.

• Like 2

Posted
2 hours ago, Don said:

But my location is as west as yours!

Maybe it's the Pennines then? Lancashire just seems to sit in it's own little heat dome during these synoptics.

Edited by Frostillicus
Typo
  • Like 2