Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Midlands regional discussion - Winter 23/24

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow in winter, thunderstorms, warmth, sun any time!

Just ridiculous, wettest winter in over 135 years here, and the same for the central England region which has a record span of over 150 years.

Edited by Metwatch
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme

A thin covering of snow here this morning at 0300, about 0.5cm. ( I didn't go outside and measure it !) after a brief but heavy snow shower. Almost all of it had thawed by the time I took the readings at 0900.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal (but not excessive heat); love cold winters!

Hail here. At least it's something a bit different! It's slim pickings if I'm getting interested in hail, of course...

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and sun in winter; warm and bright otherwise; not a big storm fan

Jubilee Gardens, Bewdley this afternoon. Daffodil beds in full bloom. 23rd February.

IMG_20240223_134533_DRO.jpg

• Like 2

Posted

Metwatch Just wait until we finally have a dry spell and people cry that our arid wasteland desperately needs rain as we can’t survive without being flooded every 5 minutes.

• Like 1

Posted

Absolutely stunning start to the day here, a decent bit of cold, beautiful blue sky and very welcome sunshine. If only we'd had more of that this winter, rather than the boring, cloudy mild-fest. This type of weather lifts the spirits! Oh, and a lesser-spotted frost, too... 😉 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

Spring sprung already before today, first appearance of ice cream van, convective cumulus, signs of summer, now who will win Wimbledon?

Posted

I remember Atlantic 252 🤣 Nice one mate! Funnily enough, standing at the bus stop earlier, one bloke was in a thick coat and beanie hat, the fella behind him was wearing shorts! Literally! He might have been going to the gym for all I know, but it made me smile...the sun does feel like it's got some strength to it now.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extremes n snow

First proper cruise of the year, often the best time to do it before the trees obscure views and the hire/leisure boats come out of hiding.

Glorious morning, but more cloud now

20240224_131216.jpg

Posted

The fog formed (at last @lassie23😂!) around 4am with an air frost, down to -1C at sunrise. Looked quite cool with the lights cloaked by it and the moon shining above!

66xLUM9F.thumb.jpg.cfb46de8364e4699a735bbd1e4f45c11.jpgBcX5ItUT.thumb.jpg.8ab234d16d750015c910a1dfade195da.jpg7wHLqFK3.thumb.jpg.4b132a30c4625ce2ebd39bd52a2a4fda.jpg

5 hours ago, MattStoke said:

Just wait until we finally have a dry spell and people cry that our arid wasteland desperately needs rain as we can’t survive without being flooded every 5 minutes.

Also yes. Probably by the end of April!

Edited by Metwatch
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extremes n snow

Looks like we have hail on the way now...

20240224_142709.jpg

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and sun in winter; warm and bright otherwise; not a big storm fan

Best day for quite some while. Started out cold (min -1.4 °C, hey look an actual air frost!) with freezing fog, but this was rapidly lifting by about 8:30 am. After that, a really pleasant late winter's day with lots of sunshine. Not that warm (max 8.3 °C) but with light winds and plenty of sunshine it felt fine. Reminded me all too sharply of how much I've missed these conditions during all the rain!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Fair weather, hate snow/ice. Hate rain even more.

SollyOlly Agreed Solly Olly. The recent rains have been relentless, it's so much better to finally see the sun and clearer skies at long last. Even the cat was getting cabin fever earlier this week due to the rain 🙄

Posted

wende123 Totally. My cat was much happier today too, sure, he wasn't overly keen on getting his cute paws wet on the lawn but perching on a stone wall in the sun...a happy boy. And so far, it looks like a nice evening...I can see a lovely big moon as I type! 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

Aye folks but another soaker wet through day for me, on Thursday (leap day) to Lichfield/King's Bromley, risked trench foot Thursday just gone, couldn't avoid walking through flood water

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms, heat, sunshine, hail. Basically Seasonal.

Nice dry day forecasted.

Oh no, a lonely shower exploded to life as it hit Coventry. 

Clean car now not so clean 😞 spent a good hour cleaning it.. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Thunderstorms☃⛈

Morning Squall Line - 22 February 2024 Time-Lapse

Posted

Stunning sunrise this morning with some mist. First colourful sunrise since the end of January by the looks of things. Another air frost going down to -1C here, official met station a mile west went to -2C.

dji_fly_20240225_065426_49_1708844091688_photo_optimized2.thumb.jpg.1abc74a36c41142ea32d9e62809f829e.jpgdji_fly_20240225_065430_50_1708844083334_photo_optimized2.thumb.jpg.d87ea45a83ba268370cc37f134d14064.jpgdji_fly_20240225_065510_51_1708844135847_photo_optimized2.thumb.jpg.d49ebda92aa7094c49c1a746cfe8550c.jpg

Reflecting back on this winter, and well it may have not been great for snow, and it's been excessively wet, one thing it hasn't lacked in, is the abundance of some amazing skies. Counted up around 25 colourful sunrise / sunset afterglows this winter, which is not bad going for a very unsettled season!

Edited by Metwatch
  • Like 3

Posted

Following on from yesterday afternoon / evening cold feels Baltic again today 💨💨🥶🥶

• Like 1

Posted

nobble Yeah, really does! Wind chill feels quite significant today!

Posted

A fairly decent day for brisk walking today. I walked about eight miles today with a brunch out in the middle, and it was actually fairly pleasant. Agreed that the wind chill was noticeable, but it was nice to be able to walk fastish up the hills without overheating in a coat! Tbh I'm just happy when it's dry - well, mostly dry as there were one or two brief showers. The river is about a metre down now from its peak, and though there's rain in the forecast (I know, what a shocker) it doesn't look *too* bad and so fingers crossed we'll get a longer respite from floods.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow -20 would be nice :)

SollyOlly

Yes today was certainly brass monkeys with them cutting North-eastly winds 🥶

I wonder if we may have a last bite at the cherry come Saturday morning 🙏🤞❄️

image.thumb.png.a4b2b3376a10d88216f20896de584ee2.pngimage.thumb.png.33dfb8c4bf0848b78931908ff9f7fb8a.png

Edited by Dancerwithwings
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow -20 would be nice :)
2 minutes ago, Arctic Hare said:

fairly decent day for brisk walking today. I walked about eight miles today with a brunch out in the middle, and it was actually fairly pleasant. Agreed that the wind chill was noticeable, but it was nice to be able to walk fastish up the hills without overheating in a coat! Tbh I'm just happy when it's dry - well, mostly dry as there were one or two brief showers. The river is about a metre down now from its peak, and though there's rain in the forecast (I know, what a shocker) it doesn't look *too* bad and so fingers crossed we'll get a longer respite from floods.

I couldn’t agree more….a respite is needed for sure 👍 

• Like 1