Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Moans, ramps and banter

Message added by Paul,

Please keep in mind that this thread is not intended for complaining about or criticising other members. Let's maintain a respectful environment for everyone.

Posted
2 minutes ago, raz.org.rain said:

As far away from Lapland as I can get hopefully!

well the seasonal looks ok, has to be some very fine weather in there May/June/July. Just fly out of UK Ireland based on the T320 charts on the model thread, guys in there will sniff out any inclement weather well in advance of the models (often wrong, have a bias, more runs needed, bin it, hasn't a clue, oh I like this model, it's "covered itself in glory" or it "hasn't covered itself in glory, will it back down? a stonker run, it's not right upstream with the energy, the GEM is all right, they have access to more information then we have) Do this and not a raindrop or cold wind for certain.

image.thumb.png.34630696107da29fb61c4f977ae91572.png

Posted
Just now, warrenb said:

I think by the end of the weekend we shall start to see some interesting charts toward the back end of the models

So, three weeks away then.

Brilliant. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Insightful 1

Posted
2 minutes ago, Connor Bailey Degnan said:

Weeks of potential has turned into a week of cooler than average conditions and frost. I fear many people will feel exactly the same. Been well and truly taken up the garden path once again. 

I agree. Seems we have been chasing this cold spell for ever and a day and when it gets here... Zippo

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Wind, Sunny, Warm, Thunderstorms, Snow

Roll on some warmer weather, this cold weather with nothing to show for it is just too much.

If I start to hear of the mention of a ssw or whatever it’s called at the back end of winter I shall loose it  🙊😋

Edited by TwisterGirl81
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Wind, Sunny, Warm, Thunderstorms, Snow
21 minutes ago, PiscesStar said:

I agree. Seems we have been chasing this cold spell for ever and a day and when it gets here... Zippo

Always the way every winter with people ramping it up and some never learn to take it with a pinch of hail or cold rain ha ha . We might not be the Mediterranean but snow narnia we aren’t unless in the north mountains. We are a temperate climate with big extremes…snow is not really one of them and less likely with climate change 

Edited by TwisterGirl81
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 30 Degrees of pure British Celsius
15 minutes ago, Connor Bailey Degnan said:

Weeks of potential has turned into a week of cooler than average conditions and frost. I fear many people will feel exactly the same. Been well and truly taken up the garden path once again. 

Simple solution...don't go in the Mod thread, far too many posters over hype charts/ec 46 weeklies etc. they see from 9/10+ days away even as in this case at one time there was cross model agreement (but again at a certain range) and it happens most winters. If you were to follow just one model i.e ecm (certainly not the gfs) you really would wonder what all the fuss was about.

Less information = less stress = less disappointment. 

Mind you saying that certainly a percentage 'get off' on the chase whatever the outcome.

Edited by Froze were the Days
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow Frost Sun

Toys, dummies and lot being thrown out of prams today. 🤣 

It's only the weather, its not life or death. 

Looking at comments in other thread it looks to me like those ramping are Southern based and it's looking like the system that was going to give the snow people were hoping for isn't coming there way now. 

The cold is still on it's way and there's still a possibility of developments from North in flow. These won't show up until within 24 hours of development. 

If not like already mentioned its worth keeping an eye on things towards end of month. 

• Like 1

Posted

Lol, the MAD thread has binned off this chase and is now looking to the end of the month which, apparently, was always going to be better anyway. what could go wrong !

image.thumb.png.56c089d967e533120e3094e9248f6e2b.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted
1 minute ago, Drifter said:

You seem to be revelling in these, but I don’t think it will pan out this way at all. 

Is it just me or does anyone feel the cold air will put up more of a fight than us currently been shown. We all know when cold air had been established fir a while it can take some shifting. My thinking is yes it will warm up briefly before the next cold shot from the NE but I think it will be cold throughout the whole of next weekend possibly with some snow

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: BWh

I keep seeing "when the cold arrives", I'm fairly certain it's already here having just gone outside. Can't go anywhere without having to wrap up like an eskimo.

• Thanks 1

Posted
9 minutes ago, NewEra21 said:

This has been such a long chase and it’s definitely going to turn much, much colder next week. Hopefully we all see some unexpected surprises pop up when it comes to snow.

But what was potentially on the table that we thought we were chasing a week or two ago, you can’t help but be a little deflated with how next week may actually play out.

Don't worry, we'll be jumping for joy later tonight!!!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything even slightly exciting & less Vanilla.

I ventured into the Model thread but it's too chaotic.

I ventured into the Model Highlights thread but it's too technical.

I'll hang out here. Just let me know at T12 if I might get snow. Thanks

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal Disparity: Cold and Snowy Winters, Sunny and Warm Summers.

Controversial opinion probably, but heyho - I don't think this cold spell, by its end, is going to be inconsequential. 

This week has been cold, colder than average, and next week will be as well, with the lows in my area ranging -1 to -4/5c. Daytime maxes around 0-1c during the week. That IS very cold, especially for London. Considering the average low is around 4c, and the high is 8c or so, that's a solid 8c below average! It'll be colder elsewhere in the country, bear in mind, looking at -8c to -10c perhaps! That is frigid for the UK!...I honestly don't know what some people expect for Britain? We are not Northern Norway, or Finland, Latvia, Estonia, Eastern Europe, etc...so unless the stars and planets align in some sort of miraculous once-in-a-century event, we aren't going to get the type of properly deep freezes with thick snowfall for days that such parts of the world get. 

So, by the end of next week, we'll have had effectively 2 entire weeks below average temps, with proper wintry conditions, which is not to be sniffed at IMO...it's just not been good for snow. For most of us, no snow at all...which is indeed a real shame, but its to be expected IMO - snow is not common in the vast majority of England. Many Winter seasons occur without any sort of cold spell like this one, let alone snow. 

Edited by In Absence of True Seasons
  • Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 30 Degrees of pure British Celsius
4 minutes ago, In Absence of True Seasons said:

Daytime maxes around 0-1c during the week.

That's not going to happen in London...you're getting carried away but yes colder than average for the time of year but not noteworthy but is anything now days? Cold icy spell December 2022 comes to mind.

Posted

I have been on here for nearly 20 years, although I don’t post much. This has to be the biggest let-down I have ever seen. Nor have I been able to get any sense from the MAD thread - the same runs have some people saying that there will be lots of snow and some people saying it will be dry. I have decided that I will refer to the Met office forecasts if I want any sense. I am really peed off with how I have allowed myself to be put through all this🙄😡. NEVER AGAIN!🤓

Edited by noggin
To put a space in between two words.
  • Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Snow, Snow and Cold

Utterly devastated by the lack of widespread, heavy and disruptive snow. We deserve it after endless months of warmer-than-average temperatures. I was hoping this cold spell may be one to remember,  especially given the optimism of some members in the main thread. But it appears this is yet another case of things becoming less exciting as we approach T0. Still hoping for a snow bomb this season but expecting disappointment. 😠😞😩

Edited by Midlander
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted
3 minutes ago, noggin said:

I have been on here for nearly 20 years, although I don’t post much. This has to be the biggest let-down I have ever seen. Nor have I been able to get any sense from the MAD thread - the same runs have some people saying that there will be lots of snow and some people saying it will be dry. I have decided that I will refer to the Met office forecasts if I want any sense. I am really peed off with how I have allowed myself to be put through all this🙄😡. NEVER AGAIN!🤓

Pretty sure there was a BFTE modelled by the big three and disappeared with about 48 hours to go a few years ago.

Posted
2 minutes ago, 10 Days Away said:

Pretty sure there was a BFTE modelled by the big three and disappeared with about 48 hours to go a few years ago.

Was there? Maybe my memory is going (!) but I cannot recall having felt as disappointed in a weather outcome as I do now! Perhaps I shouldn’t let it get to me😅! I have dealt with far worse things than disappointing weather, but I was looking forward to a nice lot of snow….🙁❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️🤓

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted
2 minutes ago, Paul said:

*Whispers quietly* 

The cold weather hasn't even arrived yet.

But I am in a moany mood……….🤓

• Like 2

Posted
3 minutes ago, noggin said:

Was there? Maybe my memory is going (!) but I cannot recall having felt as disappointed in a weather outcome as I do now! Perhaps I shouldn’t let it get to me😅! I have dealt with far worse things than disappointing weather, but I was looking forward to a nice lot of snow….🙁❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️🤓

I hear you. I haven't seen that it's all gone wrong to be honest so I'll wait and see. 

At least with summer storms you get the possiblity no more than 10 days out, so less of a build up to a possible let down.

Everyones happier because of the sun and usually (not always) catching one is a car ride away for the more keen chasers.

With snow the signals and excitement for some starts late autumn. Way to long to be invested in something we have no control over. Just feels bleak at the moment.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and 15-25c
54 minutes ago, Hatewarmth said:

We all know when cold air had been established fir a while it can take some shifting.  

which is another weather urban myth