Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Moans, ramps and banter

Message added by Paul,

Please keep in mind that this thread is not intended for complaining about or criticising other members. Let's maintain a respectful environment for everyone.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Wintry and stormy weather

I don’t understand the technicalities to make an informed post on MOD thread but this I do know, until it’s down to T12/18 I don’t get excited and even then it can go toots up! I don’t get caught up in the hype anymore. Been led up that garden path far too often..

• Like 5

Posted
32 minutes ago, winterfreak said:

I don’t understand the technicalities to make an informed post on MOD thread but this I do know, until it’s down to T12/18 I don’t get excited and even then it can go toots up! I don’t get caught up in the hype anymore. Been led up that garden path far too often..

Yes seen it many times - usually the wobble starts with one model and gains traction with the others over the coming days. Still if it’s cool and dry rather than cold and dry then I’d be happy with that 

• Like 1

Posted

Lack of instability on the charts, to our south and east, seems to be the key (snow making) ingredient that is missing.

UK High with dry, cold, sometimes sunny days and frosts at night, seems to be the weather for next 10 days or so. Imby - colder than average but not overly cold - well that's what i'm seeing fwiw.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Dry plus lots of Snow

For my sanity please provide the link so I can block a high number of , well let’s just call them individuals ! 

• Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything even slightly exciting & less Vanilla.

I don't know how people in the model thread have the time or stamina to live in there for 18 hours a day.

I saw one very active member with 3k posts admit they didn't know what a east or west based NAO was yet was happy to give frame by frame analysis of each run.

I just want a 78/79 Dec/Jan or a Dec 2010 spell and if not I can't be bothered with a transient snow to rain scenario or a pot luck 10 mile wide streamer. If that happens great, if not I'll switch off until the summer and hope for a few storms.

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
4 minutes ago, Winter2009 said:

For my sanity please provide the link so I can block a high number of , well let’s just call them individuals ! 

dosen't work properly 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Enjoy the weather, you can't take it with you 😎

Another day, another set of model runs for everyone to argue about on the mod thread , and yet another day to argue if we are going to get another ,1947, 62/63 ,81/82 ,2010 etc ,on models which only show anything worth talking about Snowmageddon in about three weeks time....!😆

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy weather in winter. Dry and warm in summer.
3 minutes ago, TN26 said:

I don't know how people in the model thread have the time or stamina to live in there for 18 hours a day.

I saw one very active member with 3k posts admit they didn't know what a east or west based NAO was yet was happy to give frame by frame analysis of each run.

I just want a 78/79 Dec/Jan or a Dec 2010 spell and if not I can't be bothered with a transient snow to rain scenario or a pot luck 10 mile wide streamer. If that happens great, if not I'll switch off until the summer and hope for a few storms.

The amount of time people must spend in there is mind boggling.

There has been a lot of back slapping the past few days, when we are still over a week away from seeing it through.

I’ve seen so many ‘nailed on’ cold spells go belly up to believe it yet. I’ve seen it go belly up within 90hrs so always try to proceed with caution.

I would love to see a notable spell of cold weather on par with Jan 10, Dec 10, Mar 13 etc. Hopefully it comes to fruition this time.

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and Snowy Days

I am just thankful to be waking up and the picture outside is dry. UK has just been one big wet sponge last month or so. So would be good to dry off before any significant wintry weather emerges. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Autumn & Mild
1 hour ago, ANYWEATHER said:

Another day, another set of model runs for everyone to argue about on the mod thread , and yet another day to argue if we are going to get another ,1947, 62/63 ,81/82 ,2010 etc ,on models which only show anything worth talking about Snowmageddon in about three weeks time....!😆

'We are heading into the freezer'

'Things are looking very interesting'

'Time to get excited'

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Come on, peeps, it's only the weather; and a couple of less-than-perfect model runs: 😁

image.thumb.png.45c119d63c6ffd1773d95e95611ea6f4.png

Edited by Methuselah
  • Like 2

Posted
10 minutes ago, Methuselah said:

Come on, peeps, it's only the weather; and a couple of less-than-perfect model runs: 😁

image.thumb.png.45c119d63c6ffd1773d95e95611ea6f4.png

Will be carnage when UKMO/ ECM starts backtracking

• Like 3

Posted

Amazing how the moans end up in here but incessant ramping is always left alone. Yet this is also meant to be the ramp thread

• Like 1

Posted

A sobering post on the mod thread from JH

Little prospect of deep cold over UK during the next 10 days!  😧

Always an objective view from this ex MET man.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Enjoy the weather, you can't take it with you 😎

Yep the Ramp thread , I’ll let you know when I see something to ramp up …

IMG_0808.webp

• Like 1

Posted

Knowing our luck we get no easterly and then the greenland high and amplification just erodes as we get closer just like it does every winter regardless of favourable background drivers🤦‍♂️!!!lets see.....

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, frost and snow

Watch the Greeks freeze while we’re left in no mans land with high pressure around the UK.

Not that that’s a bad outcome, as we don’t need anymore rain. But it’s something that’s happened far too frequently in recent years.

Edited by NewEra21
  • Thanks 1

Posted

So today it looks like we ARE in fact allowed to point out potential negative outcomes (if you’re after cold). 

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast

Day after day there were a few people here posting the Ensembles with much delight, but again as I said before they can go just as wrong the next day, and so they have! An almost complete u-turn! 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy weather in winter. Dry and warm in summer.
Just now, cheshire snow said:

Isn’t this just typical of the GFS though.

shows you filth one day then goes AWOL to suddenly showing the filth again.its either picked up a new signal or its going off on one.not to be discounted of course,but I think its been barking up the wrong tree for the last few runs.

we will see.

It happens every year.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, frost and snow
Just now, Neilsouth said:

Day after day there were a few people here posting the Ensembles with much delight, but again as I said before they can go just as wrong the next day, and so they have! An almost complete u-turn! 

The ensembles are so fickle, they can have almost complete agreement and tight clustering for cold run after run. And just like that they flip.

We’ve seen it with so many potential cold spells!

Posted
1 minute ago, Neilsouth said:

Don't know what you're seeing but the ecm ensembles have upgraded and ukmo is very good.please show me where the u-turn is

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

mostly rain free 06Z, apart from perhaps this wed 10th, even at this stage cold high, but snow free away from east coast

image.thumb.png.4a9e9321cff7cb8c7214fb0394a9b804.png

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...
3 minutes ago, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

mostly rain free 06Z, apart from perhaps this wed 10th, even at this stage cold high, but snow free away from east coast

image.thumb.png.4a9e9321cff7cb8c7214fb0394a9b804.png

Which is, IMO, the most important thing. 🤔